azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:17 pm
"No, you cannot and interfering with one's trial, regardless, is unacceptable even if the fetch is-" Jeremiah's hand flicked, a small show of annoyance.

"Hart will have to come back to you eventually. If they truly want to have their chance at your life, they will have to make you submit and give it up."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:51 pm
"Yes, she will, I suppose. God," She abruptly scrubbed her face. "Feels like I'm in some kind of weird version of P4." Temperance dropped her hands and looked at them. She couldn't kill anyone, but she couldn't be killed. An impasse.

"Anyway, I appreciate the... warning."

azuredreams

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:55 pm
"Strangely," he said at that reference, "not something I find myself minding the comparison too. Silent Hill, on the other hand ..." Jeremiah shook his head. His campaign to stop the place from being called the other world was long over. It was simply not wanting the magic to get ideas about creating beings that were manifestations meant to punish.

"You're welcome," replied Jeremiah moving to leave before he paused. "If I wasn't already clear, your status as a Principal being known is secure." An exhale. "I won't be speaking of it any time soon."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:14 pm
"At least it's not nearly so rainy here, anymore. Nor foggy, so the comparison doesn't quite work." Temperance could on for days about video game comparisons to other Ashdown and the goings-on thereof.

She was glad he wouldn't tell and yet... "How do I know you won't speak of it?"

azuredreams

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:51 pm
"I would have not done so regardless. I respect both privacy and your desire for secrecy, it was merely wanting to verify your status and safety that had me seeking out the truth." Yet he was, above all else, a truth seeker. It was what kept him going sometimes.

"However, much like Sonny, I am not able to talk about it to anyone who isn't you." His expression hardened. "So I understand, quite well, what it was like for them when they put their own hands to their throat, willing air to go through it once more." There was a brief temperature drop, coldfire sparking at his fingers before he flicked it away.

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:21 pm
Her stare turned positively icy. "So you picked and prodded and used your noble powers to force out the truth simply because you wanted to know?" There was a slick sort of satisfaction in knowing that while he'd found out the truth, he could not speak of it.

"What did the fetch do to you?"

azuredreams

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:48 pm
"More like knowing that you were here means that you are safe even if other things are not." It was all he needed to know. Sharing who she was not a thing he was going to do. "I already told you, there's trees rotting in the forest. Your presence here? Within the Court? It's already disrupting something. I'm quite sure you remember what happened as the world began to fall apart around us.

"Imagine my surprise when it seems to start happening again. All because you are here, going through the trials of Nobility." Jeremiah met her stare easily, his eyes bright and his tone cold. She was, in short, putting things in jeopardy by her continued presence here. All for a chance at being more than she was, though she was already a Principal and who knew the power at her disposal because of that. "As for what it did? It asked. That was all."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:38 pm
She failed to see how it was anything of his business aside from his sharp sense of needing to know everything. Perhaps she was being uncharitable. "It asked? Then how do I know you won't spread it about?"

She crossed her ankles. "I'll finish my trials in a bit. I had no idea my presence here would affect things, though." Temperance sighed. "I had planned on this before the world went to pot, so to speak."

azuredreams

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:48 am
"... because I felt the weight of the words as it made the request. The magic was palpable," replied Jeremiah. "Besides that? There are others who are looking into who the third Principal is, to make sure you are safe. If asked, I cannot answer and I lose my voice, if not the air from my lungs. Even speaking of the Principals in generalities is not always safe."

He simply did not, if it could be avoided.

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 5:32 am
"Hmm," she said. She certainly couldn't do such a thing. "It must be uncomfortable, though I can't say I'm sorry she did it." Temperance did look sort of guilty for feeling that way, however. She sat there for a moment.

"Is there anything else going on in the regular world that I should know about?"

azuredreams

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:49 pm
"Uncomfortable is putting it lightly, so I avoid the subject." Jeremiah shook his head before he considered her question. "I believe Hart has been working on furthering your career?" Mostly because of how she had been when he had spoken with her.

"Though I am sure you're aware of the perils of mixing magic and medicine. It isn't a criticism or to say the two should not be mixed. Just that it is a precious position and she is walking it."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 5:34 am
She smiled lightly. "It's a line I walk as well, Chief Mercer. The mixture of magic and medicine is imperfect at best, but it could be such a useful tool if utilized properly." That had been what her thesis was supposed to be over. Temperance grimaced, wondering if she'd miss her own graduation.

"The hospital I do my clinicals at doesn't allow it, of course."

azuredreams

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 9:42 pm
"Considering that all of this started because someone was attempting to make AIDS cease to be ..." Jeremiah shook his head.

"It's a worthy cause." Especially given his own thoughts about trying to use magic to heal- Not the place. "Unless you've any other specific questions about the world outside of here, I'll take my leave and let you return to your duties."

The 5emblance of Unity

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 6:59 am
"No, I... don't have anything else to ask. I appreciate the warning." Even if she was still upset that he'd pressured the answer out of the fetch with his magic. In another world, she would have appreciated Renard's work more, she thought idly. Everything was too twisted and tied into itself.

Duties... she should return to the small space she'd set up as a clinic.

azuredreams

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 10:23 pm
They were both upset, though Jeremiah was more upset about the fact the magic seemed more proactive about keeping him from talking about anything that could connect to Temperance as Principal.

"You're welcome," he said again, not unkindly at all. It was genuinely meant. "I'll leave you be, Tithe Clark." She was given a nod, then his fingers flicked in goodbye and he was gone. Jeremiah was long past the point that he wanted to be home.

The Semblance of Unity
a wrap! unless you want to put in one more post ~

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas