[PRP] A Bad Case (Temperance & ???) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 6:01 pm
Temperance took a breath, nodding her head. She closed her eyes and focused on the feel of his hand. She thought about the things he'd said, how he held pain in his bones. The ultimate self sacrifice. Georg.

It was the same sort of calm focus she slipped into in the emergency room, where a thousand strands of spiderweb vibrated around her demanding attention and she walked through them, untouched. Unaffected in the moment. Later, later was the time to worry, but in these moments, she felt in command. And, she pushed forward, trying to see what Georg was made of.

"Is that you?" she said quietly.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:05 pm
"It is." Temperance found him there when she reached out. The small wisp of a spider that had grown into something more. She could sense that magic that made him up, the parts of him that were on the surface and that she might be able to fix. Deeper parts were not revealed, but at least sensed. It was a base understanding that if she could reach out and heal the surface, if she wanted, but not yet the deeper portions. It was those same deeper portions she would feel faint cracks, barely on the surface, but still there all the same.

Then she would feel the sensation of something brushing back, a tentative and warm touch. Georg saying hello back.

"Do you see? Understand?"

The Semblance of Unity

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 4:25 pm
"Mhmm," she said softly. The cracks he bore were too deep for her to reach into. Kintsugi, she wondered, or simply pushing the edges back together - which would work best? Kintsugi would be stronger; she would be the gold and lacquer binding the pieces together. Or something.

She smiled faintly as Georg said 'hello', then opened her eyes. "Which is better, then, to fill in the spaces or push the edges back together?" This was, of course, if Georg saw it in the same manner she did.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 9:05 pm
"It depends," Georg replied, "what is best for- the one you are- healing." Another feeling, as if the being was acknowledging the faint surface cracks within. A thumb brushing gently, accepting what was there.

"Will you give- of yourself- or let them- repair themselves." Would Temperance use her magic or would she encourage the magic of an otherbeing to heal itself?

The Semblance of Unity

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 9:37 pm
"I think... yes, you're right. It has to be unique to each. I can't just decide to blanket-ly chose one way." There would be those too hurt to heal themselves, even with help, and those whose magic might not mesh properly with hers, but who she could encourage. Or something. It made sense in her mind in a bandage versus stitches kind of way.

She had a feeling leaving something of herself in those cracks might be the easiest way, but it wouldn't always be the best. "I think I understand more, now."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:37 pm
"Yes, that is- correct." Georg looked pleased at this, that Temperance had reached that conclusion. "To do so is-" a blanket way, "detrimental to the- being that you would- heal. Look within and see- what is best for- healing."

His hands, the ones that Temperance did not have a hold of, were working and weaving something together.

"Sometimes you may- even need the consent- of the being you- are healing. To do so."

The Semblance of Unity

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 11:12 am
Temperance looked a little troubled. "What can you do if someone is refusing healing?"

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 8:23 pm
"It is very rare- that one refuses- to be healed." Georg's hands were still working on something; weaving delicate threads together into something else. "They can reject your- magic and reject all- that you offer. You can only- try to heal without- magic or try to help- them to understand what- you are trying to do."

The Semblance of Unity

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 11:38 pm
"I... understand, I think. It won't stop me from trying." She watched his hands, curious. "Are you weaving - did you make this cloth?" Temperance held up the cloth Rabbit had torn. She knew, of course, that it had come from Georg in some manner, but had never really thought about the actual manner.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 11:58 pm
"Yes," answered Georg. "It is for you- to make a path-" His hands continued to move until he had a sizeably piece of what looked like cloth. It was dark and shimmery, as if crystals were woven into it.

Once done, he held it out to her to take from his hands.

The Semblance of Unity

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 7:40 pm
"A path?" She took the cloth, one hands running over it. "It's gorgeous." Temperance held it as though it were very precious, and it was.

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 7:57 pm
"You will make your- own space soon." His hands folded back into his lap as Temperance felt the cloth. It was soft and despite feeling like it was barely there, it was sturdy and would hold up to tugging.

"Use magic to weave- it into a doorway." Georg tilted his head, eyes blinking. "It will give you- passage to where I- and the little ones- reside. Just you unless you- invite someone with you."

The Semblance of Unity

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 9:01 pm
The fact that Georg had such confidence in her was reassuring somehow. "Oh, oh, thank you." She was delighted. Georg was nice to speak with, soothing even, with his odd inhalations and cadence of speech.

"I appreciate it. I hope, on day, I can become a prolific a healer as you."

Azuredreams

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 10:59 pm
"I too am learning-" Georg admitted, but then Temperance would know that he had only been the Healer for months. Even though he had all the knowledge of the previous at his disposal, he still had to find his own path. "But I will share- what I know to- ease your path."

He smiled at her, the expression not so odd or out of place on him despite his otherworldliness. "You will become great- and help many. Of- that I am sure." Then, as if realizing he was not partaking of a human custom. "You are most welcome."

The Semblance of Unity

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 8:15 pm
"I look forward to working with you, Georg," she said, almost bashfully. They wouldn't be working together so much as colleagues in the same field. "Is this.." She touched the cloth again. "The sort of way you travel to? Oh, do I need to sort of think about you leaving for you to leave - like how you arrived?"

azuredreams

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces