Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Archived
[RP Raffle] Dance the Spiral Dance - Winner rolled! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:19 pm
I wish I May, I wish I might!

Username: AstoriaFallen
Who are you entering with? Eir
Link to the RP you're using:n/a
Prompt response: Typically she would pray to Oneiroi but there were times she would rely on some of her herbs to clear her mind at the start of every day. Chamomile and lavender mostly, they were the most calming of scents of the plants she collected. Most of the time she'd dry them out and then burn them slowly to create a smoke. Each of her plants have different uses for different things.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:02 pm

Username: Nyx Queen of Darkness
Who are you entering with? Vanraulimore/Galla - take your pick
Link to the RP you're using: I see the world in a sea of stars, Galla and her daughter Vanraulimore go to have their futures told.

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

AislingJuno

Geared Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:37 am

Username: AislingJuno
Who are you entering with? Mariketa
Link to the RP you're using: .
Prompt response: Do I partake in rituals? Why what a silly question of course I do. I'm known to use blood magic from time to time though it really is just be seeing visions of possible events and other small things. I am half unicorn so perhaps my blood has hidden qualities though I not one for healing others. Maybe if my life hadn't been so hard and full of heart break . However life has not been kind and the death of my family by a pure walker has filled me with anger. A heart of anger is not a heart that can be filled with compassion and good will. So I didn't have the luxury of playing the good mender or healer as so many other soq with unicorn do. It's expected that all unicorns are supposed to be kind , considerate and the healers of the soq lands. Let me tell you that healers can also make the best killers. The medicine that can save lives can just as easily take away lives. I've grown proficient in using plants as a way to kill walkers and insane kalona's. It's not like I can beat them in shear size or power. Unlike my daughters who are bigger in stature and Mariposa who uses a sharp sward.
Instead I use what means are available to me even if it is Ironic that my basic plant lore came from my mother that was killed by a walker. The skills she taught me were to heal and I use the knowledge to avenge her death. I've defeated many cursed walkers and a few purewalkers but I have never found the one who killed my family. I crave watching his blood flow and seeing the light slowly fade from his eyes. I will carve several pieces off of him. One piece I will make into an accessory or ornament as is my custom. I often take pieces away from my personal fallen foes it makes me stronger to have a piece of my enemy. The other piece of him I shall leave at the resting place of my family so they will know he cannot hurt any others and my vengance has been accomplished.
In my own way I have helped many soq and my mercenaries do this job for their own personal reasons. I'm not one to pry but were not a rich mercenary group so they clearly did not join the group for monetary reasons. Instead most seemed to have been pulled to the herd because of are reputation and because of their haunted memories. I do not pry into their past history their secrets are their own and I don't not want to make old wounds bleed once again.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:52 am

Username: ProphetOfProfit
Who are you entering with? Votif & Pilier Chandlle
Link to the RP you're using: N/A
Prompt response:
Pilier came upon her sister Votif laying in the shade of a large tree. Her eyes were far away watching something beyond the horizon and yet seeing something deep within herself. Undoubtedly she was thing of the foals growing steadily within her womb.
"still stuck on names?" Pilier said after clearing her throat.
"of course I am there are so many to choose from I can't be expected to decide in less than a year." Votif replied with a little sigh. She laid her head down on her front legs exasperated.
"well what have you got so far?" Pilar asked laying down beside her sister.
"well . . . I like the classical names Douglas, Logan, Phillip, Ashley, Drake, Edwin, and Eric. Those are just some of my favorites." Votif listed.
Pilier thought for a moment and picked out a few she liked as she pressed her nose against her sisters pregnant belly.
"Well I like Logan, Eric, Drake-"
"oh that-that's perfect! I'll just use three names! You always were the smart one!" Votif said excitedly and the foals within her belly kicked seeming to agree.

ProphetOfProfit

Profitable Prophet

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:42 am

Username: Dea and #Teddy#
Who are you entering with? Xara
Prompt response: If you would have asked me before what I wished for, it would be for my family to be okay. Thankfully, for the most part, the spirits have heard my request and I have my parents and one of my sisters back. I even have a brother that Serenity brought into the mix named Kagehoshi. My sister and I also have mates, I don't know what I would do without my beloved Zatarra. He and Fiorella act as my eyes, allowing me to see things that I haven't since the fire. I love my brave knight so much, his poetry makes my heart flutter every time I hear it.

My current wish I hope the spirits will answer is that I want to have little ones. My sister and her mate already one batch, now Aiyana is pregnant again. Kagehoshi and his mate also have grown children as well. I want to be able to raise children with Zatarra, hearing the happy laughter of small voices. It saddens me that I won't be able to see them, but I know my Heart will describe them with all the beautiful language as he can muster. I know he will see for both of us and they will be deeply loved.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:07 am

Username: Wasteland Wyvern
Who are you entering with? Asphodel
Prompt response: Del sighed as he meandered around the forest, his half invisible paws barely disturbing the pine needles littering the ground. He was very good at moving without making much of an impact on the world, something he prided himself on.
The day had proven to be a long one, another fight with his estranged son had driven his stress level through the roof so he decided to seek out his favorite tree, a ponderosa pine deep within the herd territory. This tree was special to him and he often visited it for a sense of calm and peace but also for the special uses he made of its bark.
The tree came into sigh rather quickly, and he smiled to see its scratched up old trunk, bearing the scars of his sharp claws. He looked up into the branches and silently thanked the gods of nature for putting this tree here. Carefully he reared up and hooked his claws into the bark and scratched deeply, then got down and dug his sensitive nose into the scratched and weeping bark and there it was. The scent of butterscotch, though he didn't know the word for the smell. It was sweet and tantalizing and he loved it. It made all the ills of the world go away and he was happy for just a few moments...

Wasteland Wyvern

Dangerous Demigod

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:40 am

Username: ~Latonia de la Courtel~
Who are you entering with? Teleri Lindai
Prompt response: "Well.." The white mare murmured, shifting on her hooves. "I am not sure there is any one ritual or approach that I would say I take in this matter. Truly, I would dearly love to have many children, to raise to follow their own dreams. As such, I have certainly wished on many stars, and prayed to the spirits. I have made trinkets to be left in the wild places, to curry good favor with the spirits. I have even had those that I court wish, and be granted, favor from the spirits or stars or any that may be listening. So far two children have arrived to me, and more still are on the way. I love them dearly, and whichever power that gifted them to me should know it has brought me great joy."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:49 pm

Username: Mewsings of An Angel
Who are you entering with? Lady Saga Snaerblod
Prompt response:

As soon as she opened her eyes each day, her world became a living ritual. As high priestess of her Tribe, every aspect of what she did was watched by curious eyes. Once upon a time she would shrink under those eyes, but as she grew, so did her heart and fear no longer caused her to feel small. Saga felt a shiver flick across her skin remembering her hey-days as a youth learning the duties that would serve her and the gods. It had felt only a little overwhelming. Ok. That was a lie. It had been terrifying. The only thing that had helped was that the High Priestess at the time had been a very maternal creature. Saga breathed in the smoke of burnt sage and pine, an acrid, awakening scent that filled the air as morning wore on, to be replaced by rare lavender and chamomile. Even the ritualistic priestess had her own personal rituals to get her through the day.

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:28 pm

Username: Uta
Who are you entering with? Lothorien
Prompt response:
Lothorien wasn't a superstitious soquili, but he he did have many rituals, particularly during the spring months when he needed to ensure the perfect time to plant. The stallion would often rise early, and check to see what the day might bring; was there any dew on the leaves, was the air heavy with saturation, or the skies full of clouds? Sometimes, though, he would speak to the spirits for a bountiful harvest, or perhaps to ensure that the flowers might bloom. While Lothorien knew of the angeni of the Kawani, he also believed in woodland spirits and had proof of their existence; otherwise, how would Laureat and he have three beautiful foals? If nothing else, the stars would listen to those who prayed. If they could grant soquili life, than Lothorien also believed they might grant floral life as well. Quietly, usually early in the morning, before the rest of his family might rise, the stallion might whisper a quiet prayer of thanks and hope for his little garden. While the land might not be truly his, he believed it was his duty to tend and care for the flowers, and encourage growth, and life, for all those who passed throug.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:08 pm

Username: Phail Ninja
Who are you entering with? Tinsel
Prompt response:

Every morning I do the same thing. Every single morning. One single sprig of pine needles, placed outside wherever I happen to be nesting. It is a symbol, that I am alive, that I survive, that hope still lives on. To whom? Well, to my family, wherever they are... See, long ago a devastating hurricane came and swept me away, and I awoke, wings battered and broken and utterly alone. But Sakura rescued me, healed me back to strength. I still have no idea where I am, where I came from, who I am. I do remember pine needles, though... their fresh scent, always a comfort. And so I leave it out, in the hopes that one day... well. No, that is silly. My family won't simply just find me. But it brings me joy, and luck, and hope, and so every morning I do it. Perhaps it is silly, or just wishful thinking, but it makes me feel less alone. Yes, that is why I do it. It makes it home.

Phail Ninja
Vice Captain

Man-Hungry Sex Symbol

Whoan

Sparkly Waffles

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:55 pm

Username: whoan
Who are you entering with? Kinak
Link to the RP you're using: Chance Meetings Kinak and Nash agree to meet some of his sister's friends in an attempt to find a peaceful place to rest for a while. But the catch is Nash is a Skinwalker and the keeper of this place hates them. Kinak really hopes that veslo can see Nash in a better light and will allow them to stay.
Prompt response:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:46 pm

Username: Summer Raaven
Who are you entering with? Blessita
Link to the RP you're using: n/a
Prompt response:
Blessita looked as if the world was happening all around her, and she cared not to join - her hair a mess, her coat somewhat dirty, her expression blank - reflecting on her life had become taxing; the emotions poured out of her, and nothing could quite make much sense. But, as she had been told many times, it was good and healthy to put everything out in the open. With a deep breath, and rather reluctantly, the mare closed her eyes, and let her mind take her back to the horrid events of her past.

Before Gigi -- before she and Umo were able to have kids -- Blessita used to practice all sorts of methods to improve her fertility. She'd wish upon the sun, the moon, and just about every other object that had a deeper meaning unto itself. She'd make offers to the heavens, being for forgiveness for whatever crime they thought she had done. She'd eat special berries -- most with probably no real special power -- in hopes that the sweetness would somehow magically make her womb grow. She even on occasion forced Umo to do a ritualistic dance. He constantly complained it would never ever work despite how good he was at dancing, but he'd never fail to please her. He'd do whatever it took to see that smile on her face, and if it meant dancing goofy dances in the woods, well....a noble sacrifice. She thought fondly on the memory of his swaying back and forth, once they were able to collect enough stones and boulders to make the 'circle' seem as legitimate as possible. He'd shimmy, laughing a little, knocking the stones out of their carefully placed spot, and she'd half-heartedly scold him, just happy to be there with him. None of it ever really worked, but the mare refused to give up hope -- just in case that one, special time, it did indeed work. Umo had once suggested they sacrifice a small animal -- a sort of life for life type deal, but Blessita had looked at him appalled, and that was the end of that idea. Life was a precious gift, she told him, and no matter how she wanted life to grow inside her, to take the life of another to get there was....unacceptable.

Shortly after Umo had left to take care of personal business (and to go find them a healer, but....Blessita suspected it was much more than just that), she had heard a rumor of a special star that appeared only on a certain night. This star could grant wishes, if picked, and so with all her might, she wished. She wished for a child to call her very own. She wished that Umo and she could be parents to a very special little foal, and she closed her eyes and begged. And this time, her begging payed off. Giorgia was gifted to her, and oh goodness was she elated. It was certainly puzzling at first, considering Blessita hadn't gotten big with child, nor did Gigi quite look like either she or Umo, but....it was a child! A living, breathing child that called her mommy! She was happy! Well...almost so. Umo had not yet returned, he had not yet seen the product of their obsessive wishing -- and Gigi had not yet met her father. They were a family, of that Blessita was sure, but they were not yet together. So instead her joy quickly once again turned to sorrow, and she began to beg and pray to the heavens to bring back her mate. And although her daughter could see her, she cried.

Looking back on it all now, it was probably her fault. If Blessita hadn't been depressed over the absence of her mate, Gigi may not have grown to hate him. She may have been excited, if Blessita had whispered happy, wonderful thoughts to her, but instead....it was all sorrow. Once Umo did return, months and months later, it was too late. Gigi's hateful seed had been planted, and everything had started to fall apart. She never really tried to fix it -- Blessita, that is, because she had been so blinded by finally having her family back.

Now, she was no longer a mate. No longer a mother. No longer the once care-free, loving mare she used to be. She had had to learn to reshape herself, and although the growth she experienced since the incident felt more like torture, she did it. She learned to live with the pain, with the regret.

For a little while.

Summer Raaven

Garbage Trash

AislingJuno

Geared Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:50 pm

Who are you entering with? Mariposa Voorhees Blackcape
Link to the RP you're using:
Prompt response: I am a warrior so I do have some rituals. I've noticed that most fighting soq have some kind of little ritual that they feel gives an edge in battle. Some of them have a small luck charm that they carry into battle for some that luck charm is a memento from a family member or a lover. One of the mercenaries, carries a lock of mane. They carry the hair in their body armor during any battle. I seldom talk to the other mercenaries about their past history. They all have personal reasons why they are part of a mercenary herd that kills walkers. However I have noticed shared sympathy between the other mercenaries when the stallion brings out that piece of mane. I have heard in hushed tones that the piece of mane the male puts in his armor is from his lifemate that was killed by a cursed fox walker. That the walker killed her on a night of the new moon and got close enough to kill her by pretending to be her mate. I have never encountered this cursed walker but I have heard many stories about him. He is orange,
red and black and wears the coat of a fox. He is not known by name but by deed and he has a particular vendetta towards soq couples. It is said that his lover betrayed him causing him to be cast out of his birth herd. His emotional agony over being betrayed caused him to seek out the cursed powder and turn. Since then he has broken up many soq pairs by trickery or by killing one of the pair. It is said that he never kills both lovers because he likes one of the members to feel the same sense of loss that he went through. I yearn to kill the walker for the pain he has caused but I would cede the battle over to my fellow mercenary. It is his battle and if he asks for help against the walker I would surely join the battle. However knowing my companions few would ask for help when the battle was so person.

As for me I have few rituals. I often take a bath before and after battle but that's for more practical purposes. My personal ritual is to find a great big tree and sit besides it. It's one of the few times I take off my mask because I like to give my thanks to the spirits. I do not believe one should give thanks with their face covers. I also feel more vulnerable without my mask which I feel is more honest with the spirits. I find this act sacred and it is my secret. My mother would berate me for believing in some kind of higher power so this secret is just mine to keep.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:52 pm

Username: whoan
Who are you entering with?
Savva

Prompt response: The air is growing warmer and summer is almost in swing. Savva looks misrable, laying in the stream of his mate's grove as deep in the shade as he could be. His massive body shook with heat stroke. He sighed deeply. It was almost time for him to leave. He hated leaving Rosalyn. But his biology told him he must. Being a giant of the frost meant the heat was pure torture and the cold a savior. He looked up to where his mountain lay. Slowly, he found his hooves under him. Shaking the water from his hide, he looked at Rosalyn with deep sadness in his eyes. It would be fall before he could think of returning to her.
"Molodoy we leave. It is getting too hot for us to stay," he called to his bear. She appeared at his side in an instant, the snow and ice of his mountaintop better for her white fur and heavy paws than the heat and drying grass. He moved to nuzzle his mate one last time.
"I vill return." The same promise he made every time he had to go home. He ghosted last her, careful that his heavy hooves did not land on her previous flowers. It would be a two day journey before he climbed back to his snowy peak, and each step away from here was heartbreaking. But Savva had to do it. And he would return. He always did.

Whoan

Sparkly Waffles

AislingJuno

Geared Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:40 pm

Who are you entering with? Hunahpu
Link to the RP you're using: .
Prompt response: I have many tasks that have a ritual like quality. Of course my rituals change regarding what persona I am currently wearing. On the rare trips to my herd I follow the same rituals as my other heard mates. However I do not spend much of my time with herd members unless my herd calls on me for a task or I am passing information to my herd leader. Most of the time I travel through the soq lands wearing my persona of bard. When I'm wearing the persona of a bard, I generally act out the rituals of the bards and of a musician.

I am a spy for my herd that gathers necessary information that is beneficial to them. I am very diligent at my job and it suites me be better then contently fighting and hunting. I'm strong but I'm much better at using my mind to outwit an enemy and to collect information. However my job as a spy involves great sacrifices. I can't trust others easily and I can't form emotional bonds with other soq. Originally I joined the herd as a fighter but I felt like my loyalties were being torn. I had started a relationship with a red mare in a red cloak and I felt like my herd duty was putting her at risk. We had discussed having offspring and were trying. I didn't want the female and any offspring we would have to be pulled into my world of blood and death. I discussed leaving the herd with my herd leader and while she was sad she understood my desire to have a peaceful life. However one day red mare suddenly left without a goodbye and for no reason. For awhile after disappearance I thought my profession in my herd might have brought misfortune her way. However after several years I heard from a reliable source that she has been seen once again walking the soq lands. I am glad she lives and seems to be in good health .My feelings are an emotional turmoil toward the mare and her sudden disappearance. I had given up so much to be with her and she left me without a word. After her mysterious disappearance, I found my old herd leader and asked to join once again. Warmly she received me back, because besides being my herd leader she was also an old friend. I tried to apply myself to herd task but my heart was not into long days of traveling and fighting. My heart yearned for change so I became a spy for the herd. I still wanted to help my herd but I wanted to walk a different path. I found the path of being a spy helpful to my herd and emotionally satisfying.

Archived

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff