Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Side RP Board
Agent Deep Blue Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SubonicXP

Captain

Mega Sex Symbol

5,725 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:46 pm
RCCaughtem

Ryan would hear something creeping along and then this hiss. Ryan spins as he calls out both MIte, his Frogadier and Undine, his Brionne. "Mite! Smack Down! Undine! Hyper Voice!" Ryan orders. MIte picks up a nearby clump of mud and throws it at the open jaws of the Arbok, while Undine follows up with her Liquid Voiced Hyper Voice.to hopefully repel the threat.

The Arbok recoiled as a glob of mud was thrown into its mouth, the snake trying to fling it out of its mouth to get rid of the gross mass. While it was concerned about that it was vulnerable to the sudden Hyper Voice, the piercing screech rattling its head and startling it. Arbok were ambush predators so it was quick to flee back into the marsh once startled. Such big menacing snakes but really if you knew how to handle them they weren't that troubling in the wild.

With the cowardly snake gone Ryan could get things back on track, he would see the mentioned pool up ahead, it was made apparent by how much more open empty the marsh was up ahead and how far deeper the water looked, like a small lake. Before long he was going to need a Pokemon to ride on unless he felt like actually swimming.

Once he made it to the pool he would find the promised Pokemon Ranger, a man about the same age as him, riding on the back of a Bibarel with his legs in the swampy water.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:51 pm
SubonicXP

The Arbok recoiled as a glob of mud was thrown into its mouth, the snake trying to fling it out of its mouth to get rid of the gross mass. While it was concerned about that it was vulnerable to the sudden Hyper Voice, the piercing screech rattling its head and startling it. Arbok were ambush predators so it was quick to flee back into the marsh once startled. Such big menacing snakes but really if you knew how to handle them they weren't that troubling in the wild.

With the cowardly snake gone Ryan could get things back on track, he would see the mentioned pool up ahead, it was made apparent by how much more open empty the marsh was up ahead and how far deeper the water looked, like a small lake. Before long he was going to need a Pokemon to ride on unless he felt like actually swimming.

Once he made it to the pool he would find the promised Pokemon Ranger, a man about the same age as him, riding on the back of a Bibarel with his legs in the swampy water.

Ryan recalls Mite and Undine. Annoying snakes. Ryan then presses on.

Once Ryan reaches where he is supposed to go, he spots the Ranger. He waves and shouts to him. "Hey there! I was sent to lend you a hand with the Carnivine." Ryan says as moves even closer stepping into the water, not really having a pokemon that was big enough to be ridden for surfing purposes. The water had to be easier to move through than the mud, right?  

RCCaughtem

Interesting Guildsman

5,200 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Married 100
  • Citizen 200

SubonicXP

Captain

Mega Sex Symbol

5,725 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:25 pm
RCCaughtem

Ryan recalls Mite and Undine. Annoying snakes. Ryan then presses on.

Once Ryan reaches where he is supposed to go, he spots the Ranger. He waves and shouts to him. "Hey there! I was sent to lend you a hand with the Carnivine." Ryan says as moves even closer stepping into the water, not really having a pokemon that was big enough to be ridden for surfing purposes. The water had to be easier to move through than the mud, right?

"Hm? You?" The Pokemon Ranger said as he turned to face Ryan, his Bibarel looking back to get a look at the newcomer as well. "But you're not from the Ranger Union...I figured they would be sending another Ranger out to help. I guess there isn't as many of us as there used to after all..." He said with a sigh. "It's okay I suppose. My name is Taylor. You have experience handling wildlife? How good are you with a Capture Styler?" He asked.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:29 pm
SubonicXP

"Hm? You?" The Pokemon Ranger said as he turned to face Ryan, his Bibarel looking back to get a look at the newcomer as well. "But you're not from the Ranger Union...I figured they would be sending another Ranger out to help. I guess there isn't as many of us as there used to after all..." He said with a sigh. "It's okay I suppose. My name is Taylor. You have experience handling wildlife? How good are you with a Capture Styler?" He asked.

Ohh, this wasn't going to go well. "If it's aquatic, I am actually good with it, otherwise, if it's like the Carnivine I was told about, the best thing I can think of is to drive them off. And as for a Capture Styler, I've only ever seen one in action, never had a chance to use one." Ryan explains to the Ranger. Yeah, this was going to go over so well. This right here might be the most challenging of all his tasks.  

RCCaughtem

Interesting Guildsman

5,200 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Married 100
  • Citizen 200

SubonicXP

Captain

Mega Sex Symbol

5,725 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:52 pm
RCCaughtem

Ohh, this wasn't going to go well. "If it's aquatic, I am actually good with it, otherwise, if it's like the Carnivine I was told about, the best thing I can think of is to drive them off. And as for a Capture Styler, I've only ever seen one in action, never had a chance to use one." Ryan explains to the Ranger. Yeah, this was going to go over so well. This right here might be the most challenging of all his tasks.

The Ranger would eye Ryan for a good long time, examining him, trying to get a read on him. Once satisfied with what he saw he would speak. "Alright, fine. Just, try to be gentle with them, okay? I know this is a Safari Zone and all, and I can't stop people from catching or battling the Pokemon here because of that, but I would prefer they be left to their own devices as much as possible. Carnivine are still an endangered species after all, despite how much their numbers exploded lately and how aggressive they've become." The Ranger explained.

"Look, over there." He said, pointing to a gather of Yanma over the center of the pool. There was a cluster of partially submerged dead trees there and the Yanma were using it to roost in between flights over the water while looking for prey. "I followed the Carnivine about half a mile out from the other side of the pool, last I saw they were still headed this way. That group of Yanma is probably drawing them in. If you're so handy with Water types maybe position one underwater there and when the Carnivine come maybe scare away the Yanma and intimidate the Carnivine? Yanma are skittish so they should be easy to startle. The Carnivine, while ambush predators themselves, are a little more keen to hold their ground. If it goes right none of them have to get hurt."  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:48 pm
SubonicXP

The Ranger would eye Ryan for a good long time, examining him, trying to get a read on him. Once satisfied with what he saw he would speak. "Alright, fine. Just, try to be gentle with them, okay? I know this is a Safari Zone and all, and I can't stop people from catching or battling the Pokemon here because of that, but I would prefer they be left to their own devices as much as possible. Carnivine are still an endangered species after all, despite how much their numbers exploded lately and how aggressive they've become." The Ranger explained.

"Look, over there." He said, pointing to a gather of Yanma over the center of the pool. There was a cluster of partially submerged dead trees there and the Yanma were using it to roost in between flights over the water while looking for prey. "I followed the Carnivine about half a mile out from the other side of the pool, last I saw they were still headed this way. That group of Yanma is probably drawing them in. If you're so handy with Water types maybe position one underwater there and when the Carnivine come maybe scare away the Yanma and intimidate the Carnivine? Yanma are skittish so they should be easy to startle. The Carnivine, while ambush predators themselves, are a little more keen to hold their ground. If it goes right none of them have to get hurt."

"I like the sound of that idea and have just the pokemon! Go, Niles!" Ryan shouts and out would come his Croconaw. "Alright, Niles. cruise over to where the Yanma are without being seen. Then, when you spot Carnavine, pop out from below the water and give em your Scary Face!" Ryan explains in detail to his Croconaw. Niles nods and slips below the water and gets into position. Now it was just a waiting game.  

RCCaughtem

Interesting Guildsman

5,200 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Married 100
  • Citizen 200

SubonicXP

Captain

Mega Sex Symbol

5,725 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:27 pm
RCCaughtem

"I like the sound of that idea and have just the pokemon! Go, Niles!" Ryan shouts and out would come his Croconaw. "Alright, Niles. cruise over to where the Yanma are without being seen. Then, when you spot Carnavine, pop out from below the water and give em your Scary Face!" Ryan explains in detail to his Croconaw. Niles nods and slips below the water and gets into position. Now it was just a waiting game.

The trainer pair would have to wait awhile, the Carnivine were slow moving and occasionally stopped to see if they could scope out other prey but still moved on at a relatively consistent pace. After what felt like an eternity but really only about thirty minutes the first pair of Carnivine would show up.

The rest of the group would slowly appear as well, immediately spotting the Yanma and proceeding to disappear into the foliage around the pool. Eventually the fly catcher Pokemon would begin to move in, slip through the reeds and submerging themselves partially in the water, moving slowly as to not alert the Yanma.

The Yanma were made uneasy however by movement they couldn't quit figure out and were corralled together at the center of the pool, like the Carnivine around them intended. Closer and closer they shifted through the reeds and water and soon the Grass types would be in striking distance of the group of Yanma roosting on the dead trees. Now was Niles' chance.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:41 pm
SubonicXP

The trainer pair would have to wait awhile, the Carnivine were slow moving and occasionally stopped to see if they could scope out other prey but still moved on at a relatively consistent pace. After what felt like an eternity but really only about thirty minutes the first pair of Carnivine would show up.

The rest of the group would slowly appear as well, immediately spotting the Yanma and proceeding to disappear into the foliage around the pool. Eventually the fly catcher Pokemon would begin to move in, slip through the reeds and submerging themselves partially in the water, moving slowly as to not alert the Yanma.

The Yanma were made uneasy however by movement they couldn't quit figure out and were corralled together at the center of the pool, like the Carnivine around them intended. Closer and closer they shifted through the reeds and water and soon the Grass types would be in striking distance of the group of Yanma roosting on the dead trees. Now was Niles' chance.

NIles could see the Carnivine moving in. Once they had gotten as close as they cloud, Niles would burst out from the water right under the Yanma, which should startle the them. The Croconaw then gives the Carnivine a most terrifying Scary Face. This Croc was not to be messed with!  

RCCaughtem

Interesting Guildsman

5,200 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Married 100
  • Citizen 200

SubonicXP

Captain

Mega Sex Symbol

5,725 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:41 pm
RCCaughtem

NIles could see the Carnivine moving in. Once they had gotten as close as they cloud, Niles would burst out from the water right under the Yanma, which should startle the them. The Croconaw then gives the Carnivine a most terrifying Scary Face. This Croc was not to be messed with!

Immediately, upon the Croconaw's appearance, the Yanma would flee in all different directions. The Carnivine jumped to snap at them but were caught by Niles gaze, filling them with a sense of dread and forcing their 'fight or flight' sense to kick in of which flight won out as they too scurried. All except one that is.

"Carniii..." Hissed a particularly large Carnivine, its vine-like tendrils much longer than a normal one, its green spots also sporting a faint purple hue. You could tell this one was the big bad of the pack and it was not afraid of Niles in the least.

"That's not good." The Ranger named Taylor spoke up as he swam over to Ryan's side on top of his Bibarel. "They call that one Bone Dissolver. Weird name, right? It got that name for its tendency not to swallow its prey like Carnivine normally do but instead it uses the acids it was born with via the Egg Move Acid Spray to dissolve and drink its prey. The locals find it horrific and have petitioned Wake do remove the Carnivine but he insists on letting native sort it out, which I agree with but this thing is brutal." He explained. "Pin it down and I'll use my Capture Styler to tame it and relocate it somewhere safer."

As if the large Carnivine had heard Taylor and decided to show instead of tell it began to spew from its large mouth a spray of watery acid at Niles, the acid rapidly dissolving the dead tree branches it came in contact with.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:10 pm
SubonicXP

Immediately, upon the Croconaw's appearance, the Yanma would flee in all different directions. The Carnivine jumped to snap at them but were caught by Niles gaze, filling them with a sense of dread and forcing their 'fight or flight' sense to kick in of which flight won out as they too scurried. All except one that is.

"Carniii..." Hissed a particularly large Carnivine, its vine-like tendrils much longer than a normal one, its green spots also sporting a faint purple hue. You could tell this one was the big bad of the pack and it was not afraid of Niles in the least.

"That's not good." The Ranger named Taylor spoke up as he swam over to Ryan's side on top of his Bibarel. "They call that one Bone Dissolver. Weird name, right? It got that name for its tendency not to swallow its prey like Carnivine normally do but instead it uses the acids it was born with via the Egg Move Acid Spray to dissolve and drink its prey. The locals find it horrific and have petitioned Wake do remove the Carnivine but he insists on letting native sort it out, which I agree with but this thing is brutal." He explained. "Pin it down and I'll use my Capture Styler to tame it and relocate it somewhere safer."

As if the large Carnivine had heard Taylor and decided to show instead of tell it began to spew from its large mouth a spray of watery acid at Niles, the acid rapidly dissolving the dead tree branches it came in contact with.

Ryan glances over at Taylor with the 'Now you tell me?' look. He then spots the Carnivine going to attack. "Niles! Dive!" Ryan shouts as he reaches to his belt and calls out Undine, his Brionne. "Undine! Icy Wind!" Ryan orders. Undine nods and blasts the Carnivine as Niles dips under the water to avoid the incoming the attack from the Carnivine. "Sorry, but I can't let this one harm my pokemon!" Ryan says to the Ranger.  

RCCaughtem

Interesting Guildsman

5,200 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Married 100
  • Citizen 200

SubonicXP

Captain

Mega Sex Symbol

5,725 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:48 am
RCCaughtem

Ryan glances over at Taylor with the 'Now you tell me?' look. He then spots the Carnivine going to attack. "Niles! Dive!" Ryan shouts as he reaches to his belt and calls out Undine, his Brionne. "Undine! Icy Wind!" Ryan orders. Undine nods and blasts the Carnivine as Niles dips under the water to avoid the incoming the attack from the Carnivine. "Sorry, but I can't let this one harm my pokemon!" Ryan says to the Ranger.

As the Icy Wind swept across the Carnivine it roared in pain, letting out a hiss at Undine afterwards. "I know but, just don't go too far!" The ranger pleaded with Ryan.

The large Carnivine would promptly retaliate after Undine as it lashed out at her with Vine Whip, a cluster of the tendrils that dangled from its body stretching out and flying towards Undine hoping to ensnare them in their grip. If successful Carnivine would launch another round of Acid Spray at its prey, hoping to dissolve it to goo and make a nice lunch out of Undine.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:07 am
SubonicXP
RCCaughtem

As the Icy Wind swept across the Carnivine it roared in pain, letting out a hiss at Undine afterwards. "I know but, just don't go too far!" The ranger pleaded with Ryan.

The large Carnivine would promptly retaliate after Undine as it lashed out at her with Vine Whip, a cluster of the tendrils that dangled from its body stretching out and flying towards Undine hoping to ensnare them in their grip. If successful Carnivine would launch another round of Acid Spray at its prey, hoping to dissolve it to goo and make a nice lunch out of Undine.

"I'll try but I make no guarantees! So if you want this ended without this Carnivine KOed, you better get the Styler of yours going!" Ryan tells the Ranger. "And I'm about to give you your opening! Undine, Protect! Niles! back out and Ice Fang! Latch on!" Ryan shouts to his pokemon. Undine raises a protective shield to deflect the incoming vines, meanwhile, Niles bursts up and out of the water, using Ice Fang to snap onto the Carnivine and hold on for the ride that he knew was incoming.  

RCCaughtem

Interesting Guildsman

5,200 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Married 100
  • Citizen 200

SubonicXP

Captain

Mega Sex Symbol

5,725 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:41 pm
RCCaughtem

"I'll try but I make no guarantees! So if you want this ended without this Carnivine KOed, you better get the Styler of yours going!" Ryan tells the Ranger. "And I'm about to give you your opening! Undine, Protect! Niles! back out and Ice Fang! Latch on!" Ryan shouts to his pokemon. Undine raises a protective shield to deflect the incoming vines, meanwhile, Niles bursts up and out of the water, using Ice Fang to snap onto the Carnivine and hold on for the ride that he knew was incoming.

The vines would wildly bounce off of the Protect as the savage creature whipped away in vain, leaving it wide open for Niles to pop back up out of the water and sink its teeth into the Carnivine, causing the Pokemon to roar in pain. That was when the Ranger saw his opening.

"Now, Bibarel! Use Mud Sport! Pull your Pokemon back, Ryan!" The Pokemon Ranger ordered. As soon as Niles let go Bibarel would take a big gulp of swamp water and with a rumble in its stomach would unleash a massive spray of muddy water which would rapidly gain density in midair, landing upon the Carnivine in the form of thick mud which would bog it down and restrict its movements, but only for a short amount of time but this was all the Ranger needed.

"Capture...on!" He called out as he whipped out a red device with a long antenna-like stick on the end of it. Another device would shoot out of the handheld one, this one looking like a toy top which would fly at the Carnivine and fall towards the water around it, stopping just short of splashing in as it spun around and around, hovering in place.

With a flick of his wrist the Ranger would command the top to make larger circles around the Carnivine as the flycatcher began to throw off the mud, trying to free its self. As the beast resisted the Ranger would make his circles smaller and smaller until a bright flash of light went off and suddenly the Carnivine became extremely and uncharacteristically calm as it began to look around confused, as if it didn't even know where it was.

"Capture was a success!" The Ranger said with a cheer, his Bibarel clapping for him.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:56 pm
SubonicXP

The vines would wildly bounce off of the Protect as the savage creature whipped away in vain, leaving it wide open for Niles to pop back up out of the water and sink its teeth into the Carnivine, causing the Pokemon to roar in pain. That was when the Ranger saw his opening.

"Now, Bibarel! Use Mud Sport! Pull your Pokemon back, Ryan!" The Pokemon Ranger ordered. As soon as Niles let go Bibarel would take a big gulp of swamp water and with a rumble in its stomach would unleash a massive spray of muddy water which would rapidly gain density in midair, landing upon the Carnivine in the form of thick mud which would bog it down and restrict its movements, but only for a short amount of time but this was all the Ranger needed.

"Capture...on!" He called out as he whipped out a red device with a long antenna-like stick on the end of it. Another device would shoot out of the handheld one, this one looking like a toy top which would fly at the Carnivine and fall towards the water around it, stopping just short of splashing in as it spun around and around, hovering in place.

With a flick of his wrist the Ranger would command the top to make larger circles around the Carnivine as the flycatcher began to throw off the mud, trying to free its self. As the beast resisted the Ranger would make his circles smaller and smaller until a bright flash of light went off and suddenly the Carnivine became extremely and uncharacteristically calm as it began to look around confused, as if it didn't even know where it was.

"Capture was a success!" The Ranger said with a cheer, his Bibarel clapping for him.

Ryan recalls Niles. "Not a bad team up there, yeah? So, with our Carnivine friend here subdued, I take it that we have managed to complete our objective out here?" Ryan asks the Ranger. He was kinda done with the super killer plants at the moment.  

RCCaughtem

Interesting Guildsman

5,200 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Married 100
  • Citizen 200

SubonicXP

Captain

Mega Sex Symbol

5,725 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:07 pm
RCCaughtem

Ryan recalls Niles. "Not a bad team up there, yeah? So, with our Carnivine friend here subdued, I take it that we have managed to complete our objective out here?" Ryan asks the Ranger. He was kinda done with the super killer plants at the moment.

"Not bad at all." The Ranger agreed as the Carnivine floated on over and began to nuzzle up to him, the man chuckling nervously. "But yes, I would say this definitely means mission complete. I'll find a safe place to relocate our friend here too and the other Carnivine should follow in order. Thank you for all your help."  
Side RP Board

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff