Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:27 pm
It had been some time since Ravenna had taken quite a stumble, much less face plant in front of someone as surefooted as Atheron. By the time he'd helped pull her out of the snowbank, she could feel herself flushed with embarrassment. But nothing seemed broken, which she was grateful for -- though her shawl was completely trampled in the snow.

When she was able to turn her eyes up to Atheron, who was so sweetly brushing her off, she gave a quick shake of her head. He looked so worried, looked so alarmed, she wanted nothing more than to let him know she was fine. "Wounded pride aside, I'm all right, I promise," she was quick to reassure, her silver eyes bright with warmth. She reached up to give his hand a gentle pat, leaning her cheek against it. "Please, you don't have to apologize--and no, you're not stupid, not at all!" How could he think such a thing? Ravenna wouldn't allow it.

They had been having such a nice run together, and now he seemed all a fluster. "It was my fault. I'm not as sure footed as I thought I was, at least not on ice," she confessed with a smile, reaching her own hand up to take his hands into her own. "How sensible of you to manage to keep your hooves beneath you, and not follow suit. I'm just glad you're all right," how would she live with herself if he'd gotten hurt because of her? "But you're sure you're all right? I am sorry I ruined our run." She could have run much farther with him, and had been enjoying the shared activity.

The spirits had seen fit to interrupt them, though why, she couldn't say. Ice spirits were mischievous creatures, after all....And maybe it wasn't a meddling spirit at all. It well could have simply been a bout of bad luck.

EvilSilverDragon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 5:48 pm
Each brush of snow and ice by his free hand accompanied less and less snow. More of the movement set her hair to right, gently teasing out tangled strands. Panic and worry took up all his brain power other wise he'd have noticed the steps way too far and probably seized.

He let out a breath he didn't know he was holding when she reassured him she was alright, the warm air turning to mist just to the left. His hand remained, thumb gently stroking her cheek. Her warmth the proof she was still with him.

"I shouldn't have pushed for a run, especially alone this far out." He would never contradict her, but the guilt ate at him. How many times had he eaten a snow bank? Letting his heart get the better of him got her hurt.

He really felt stupid. And selfish.

Shaking his head, he leaned forward touching his forehead to hers. "It isn't your fault. It would never be your fault." She was blameless on a good day, this day fell solely on him. Pausing his movements, Atheron let her take his hands without complaint. He curled his larger palms around hers just holding her.

He had to tell her with a chuckle, "I've slid so much the last few weeks, I've just about got the hang of it." Absolutely had lots and lots of practice falling, and just a little bit of practice NOT falling. "You didn't ruin anything, so long as you are alright. It felt real while it lasted, and a lot of fun." He'd never be able to live with himself had she gotten seriously hurt.

Now with her shawl less help then a wet blanket, he offered, "If you need to warm up, I am sure we can find a cave or less hostel snow fort." She could still get sick if she was too cold and wet.

Uta
Spirits: cupid gets a bow and ARROWS! why shouldn't we get potentially deadly ice? Only fair.

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 3:28 pm
Atheron made short work of the snow and ice that had covered her hair and shoulders. His concern was so palpable, it hung on the air between them, and Ravenna could only hope to soothe his worries. His heart was too pure for this world, and it made hers flutter, especially with him standing so close.

The feel of his hand upon her cheek felt pleasant and warm--and it had nothing to do with the fact she was now a partial icicle. But though she was cold, she couldn't help but feel warmed, even perhaps a bit flushed--simply due to his close, almost intimate, proximity. There really was no denying her interest, her budding feelings, standing hand-in-hand together, especially when he pressed his forehead against her own. For just a moment, she could see everything so clearly -- just the two of them, brought together by fate. Did he feel that way too?

"No, please," she hastily assured once more, holding on to his hands a bit more tightly, as if she could somehow keep him exactly where she was. "I'm glad we were able to run together. It was nice, just the two of us together. I think I understand better why you enjoy it." Centaurs were born to run,after all. "I've spent so many of my days running from others, it was nice to run simply for the pleasure of it....especially with such good company." Dear company, was more like it.

"Perhaps you can teach me some tips then, should we decide to have another go of things on this journey," she smiled, up at him, still not quite letting go of his hands. Of course, his question about warming up seemed to bring with it the beginning of snow. While the sky had been darkening during their journey, she'd chalked it up simply to the time of day. But the flurry of snow that began falling now had her wondering if the weather was taking a turn... and the did still have quite a ways to go.

Her tail flicked, and Ravenna looked thoughtful. Finding shelter now would be wise as opposed to trying to outrun the weather -- and there was no saying if this was merely a passing flurr or the start of something heavier. "Perhaps finding a bit of shelter might not be such a bad idea. But what do you think? We can carry on if you're in a hurry to return -- but it would likely be easier to find some shelter now, as opposed to later, especially if the snow lingers." She would be open to Atheron's opinion though -- if he wanted to push on, then they could do so.

She was a bit chilled... but she wouldn't comment on it. No sense making him worry further.

EvilSilverDragon
Hey, if it works, it works. ;D What's a little snowstorm to force a budding couple to share some time together.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 5:13 pm
His eye stayed laser focused on her, probably the first time he'd ever been that keyed on anything. He searched to signs of pain, distress or displeasure. Trying to read and anticipate what she might be feeling. With their foreheads touching, the brief moments of closing his eyes and just feeling probably told him more then he could ever see.

That and the chill going up his own body was getting harder to ignore and he wasn't even the one taking a full snow bath this time. He'd done that more times then he could count already this season.

Wrapping his free hand over hers, he gently rubbed the top of her hand. There was a solid attempt to not flush too hard at her reassurance. "Running, especially together was so important part of every major part of life. I didn't think I'd ever get the chance." Not again, chance at all.

He really had to stop being selfish and stop metaphorically eating his own hoof.

Tips at least pulled him back enough to add, "I learned to power into the slide, some times you get through before your hooves know they are supposed to slip. Snow helps a lot with grip. Not running would probably be more useful at the moment." Yes, very helpful.

He tried flashing her a smile, reaching down to pick up her shawl turned ice sheet. Straightening himself up to look around, he had to pull his face away from hers but he made no move to remove his hands. At any moment the spell was sure to be broken, holding on a second longer was worth the second more.

"I am no expert but sheltering feels like the best option. At least til we warm back up and the skys clear." He hoped she might know of somewhere. Caves were usually enough to spot but with the snow, he didn't know.

Chilled as he was, his sole worry was for her. That was overriding a lot of second guessing.

Uta
Best way to warm up is share body heat XP Snuggle up lovebugs!

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 6:14 pm
Ravenna had known his previous band had been quite nomadic, forever on the move, and she had known Atheron loved to run, to be active, to be in motion. What she hadn't known was that running seemed to have more importance to him than simply a base instinct and need to move. In fact, it seemed to be incredibly important to him. This was the first time she'd had the opportunity to run with him... She'd have to make more an effort to do so again, if he was willing.

"I always knew it was something you enjoyed to do but I wasn't aware of just how important it was to you and your culture...but I'm glad to have been able to run with you. Even with my resultant tumble." Ravenna's words were sincere, and she looked up at him, perhaps with a bit more eagerness than she should have. "I hope we can do so again sometime, just you and I," she added the last bit, trying to get a better read on him.

Thankfully, Atheron had yet to pull away. Ravenna was well aware of her hand within his, she was not ready to release it. Why end something that felt so natural? There was no discomfort in his closeness, no awkwardness; any feelings of uncertainty was just not knowing how he might feel, and guilt she was taking advantage of their friendship with her deeper interest. But maybe... Maybe it wasn't unreasonable. Friendship could turn into something more, couldn't it?

"Well, we'll see what the rest of our adventure brings. Perhaps there will be more opportunities, spirits willing," she mused, leaning against him just a little. She didn't want to nyx the idea of running completely. Glancing around as he picked up her shawl, she kept hold of his hand. She knew where they were in terms of getting to the fearie garden and blessed waters, but this was the first time she'd needed to seek shelter.

"There are some hills and thicker pines if we head off the trail, if memory serves," she glanced up at the sky. The clouds were coming in quickly, and already the snow was falling hard and fast. A sudden, sharp, gust of wind sent another shiver up her spine. No, the spirits weren't just playing--someone out there had kicked up a storm and she didn't wish to be caught out in it. "Shall we?" She continued to hold his hand, taking a few steps off trail to head into the thicker part of the woods.

She wasn't going to mention it, if he wasn't. And if she twined her fingers within his, or gave his hand a small caress with her thumb, it couldn't be helped.

EvilSilverDragon
Exactly. The spirits are pulling out every cliché in the book this winter, hahaha. Feel free to send more trouble their way, or have them find a nice shelter of your choice! :3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 6:43 pm
It surprised him too. This band was his herd, he embraced it without reservations. Yet certain rituals and customs still resonated in his bones. Even more so when it came to her. "I am glad we could run together." Not that it would mean the same thing as it would to a mare from his former herd.

At least he didn't think so. What she said next completely surprised him, even his ears jumped at the start. Did she know? He was fully a shade or two flushed darker. " I can think of nothing more under the moon to want than to run,just us." To have her next to him, ruining towards that bond together.

He could easily fool himself into believing that was what she could want as well. It would have been smarter to learn what courting rituals existed in the herd, or followed her form her old herd. Instead, he ran full force with his. It got her into a tumble but at least she didn't seem hurt. Or bothered by his over leaping for his actions went farther than a step over.

Listening to her description of what was up ahead, he started to look towards their true surroundings. A hill with an unoccupied cave would be nice, thick enough trees could proved a wind break.

The sharp wind gust jolted the stallion, it was the only thing that could pull one of his hands away from hers. The one twined fingers with fingers remained steadfastly hers. The act was only for a moment as he impulsively threw his arm around her pulling the smaller mare close to his body.

There wasn't much he could do to truly block the wind but the boy tried his hardest. Curving his opposite shoulder towards her, he used all of his frame to try and protect her from the angry weather. What body heat he had was hers as as well.

"The spirits could do to calm down. They took my shouting lesson comment a little too seriously."
He swore he could almost hear laughing in the howling winds. Though he grumbled at their predicament, he followed beside her, each hoof step matching hers.

Only deviation was when the winds decided to kick up on the wrong side, then he shifted to pull towards a calmer side. Usually when his old band followed the wind, it wasn't this bitting. Following the wind usually lead to safe places once they reached the end of its arm.

Here, here they moved into the thicket of tall trees allowing a break from too much of the wind. Too used to his beaten down woodline, an exposed root caught his hoof leading to jerked stumble. He didn't fall, but was encouraged to hold her tighter. The idea of letting go soundly discouraged. "Watch your step. I haven't been here yet." There was an edge of a joke there, touch of playful returning over the deep concern.

Up ahead, several trees had fallen over the years providing a lean-to like shelter. The area was pretty narrow. The two were going to be forced to remain close together if both were going to fit. The rocky ground could allow a fire for warmth with the smoke able to escape out of the lean-to.

"That might do it." He'd remain outside the shelter should that be her desire. Shifting of branches and the threat of fresh snow blankets remained above their head.

Uta
Are the spirits trying to help or hurt? Hard to tell XD Probably both

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:01 pm
Ravenna certainly didn't know what running together in his old herd meant, but it was a way to perhaps get more time with him that didn't revolve around work. Additionally, it was nice to share an activity with him he so enjoyed. If she noticed his flushed skin, she didn't say a word -- instead she simply smiled, silver eyes twinkling with pleasure. "Then we shall make time to do so, on less icy ground. And until then, we can always enjoy the walk together." It wasn't a run or a race, but they could still walk together on this journey.

A colt couldn't run before it could walk, after all. Perhaps the same was true with them.

Of course, this was not walking weather, and any moonlit stroll she might wish to take with him would have to wait until the weather cleared. Instead, the ice and cold only seemed to whip around them. The temperature had been cool before, but now it seemed absolutely frigid -- quite a change from earlier. The north winds were blowing fiercely, whipping the large, flakes around them in a great flurry. Ravenna didn't object to being pulled closer -- though she felt poorly that the stallion was trying so hard to keep the wind off and away from her. He didn't deserve to take the brunt of it -- for he would surely be at risk of suffering a cold.

Thankfully, as soon as they made it to the thicket of trees, the blustering wind was better shielded. Of course when Atheron took a small tumble, she held on tight -- as if she could keep him from falling if he did lose his footing. His good-humor did cause her to smile, and she gave a small chuckle. "You are quite the expert when it comes to flattening the earth. I suppose it's only fair the earth spirits give you a little trouble when they can." Still, she didn't let him go, staying as near as she could -- and it wasn't just to take advantage of his warmth.

Thankfully, the earth did give them a nice little shelter -- and while her cloak was an iced mess, she had brought some provisions for the journey. "Thank the spirits," she breathed, hurrying towards the lean-to. It would be a tight fit, but she certainly wasn't going to keep Atheron out in the elements. In fact, she refused to give him an option, hurrying her steps to reach the shelter, and pulling him along with her as she entered.

"Much better, don't you think?" She asked, grudgingly letting go of his hand so they could both turn about and get comfortable. Her cloak could be used as a little hide if hung near the entrance -- it wouldn't stop all the wind and snow from coming in, but it could help. She slipped the small pack she'd been carrying off, setting it between them. She'd brought some food, a canteen of water, a small blanket, a few herbs and bandages, and a bottle that held a few breaths of Fire Elemental. Perfect for setting fire to even wet tinder.

"If we can get some kindling, we can make this right comfortable." She had some dry roots and herbs that could be used to start the flame -- but they'd need something larger to feed it. Thankfully, the forest and even the lean-to would well provide.

EvilSilverDragon
Baby it's cold outside.... Bahahah. Spirits trying hard to set the mood.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:32 pm
Yes, walk together. Much less dangerous in these conditions. Breaking something out here would be disastrous. Not to mention putting a bad impression on their experience.

He bore the biting cold without complaint. For what little he could do for her was worth the frozen bones. His opinion of snow as swiftly souring. Earth wasn't doing much better after the trip. Her comment earned a chuckle after he wrinkled his nose at the offending root. "Better timing would have been nice." He wanted to chide the spirits for competing at ways of making their lives harder. Only that seemed like a great way to goad more trouble their way.

Following her lead towards the shelter option, he swiftly took the hint that she wasn't going to allow him to stay out of the shelter. The option would have given her more room but also limited their warmth sharing options.

He liked to think she just wanted to stay with him.

Funny how when she let go of his hand, he felt less 'free' then when she held fast to him. Backing up just a few steps, he turned his bulk around out of her space before backing himself into the shelter.

No doubt about it, they were going to be touching the whole time they were in there. It was only because she didn't seem phased by it that he didn't suggest finding something else.

They were both fortunate she came prepared. All he had on him besides a basic knife was the nightshade he'd tried to offer her at the beginning of their journey and a mostly empty pouch.

Kindling sounded like a lovely idea. First he had to give snark to the Earth,"I know the perfect root, its our first volunteer." With a flick of his tail, the act causing it to brush against the mare at his side, he let that 'grudge' drop. Rather, he offered, "I can go out and get the kindling." Leaving without her leave just seemed rude, that and his reluctance to leave her gave pause.

Even as he stood, he was looking at the large logs of the fallen trees making up their shelter. Reaching up, he just 'picked' at the bark. It was curiosity and need that had him looking at their shelter for the answer to the wood issue. The trees were nice, had an earthy almost cinnamon fragrance to them.

Uta
Few things more romantic than sitting around a slow fire with nothing but each other for company. Wonder if the spirits have a Berry White album XD

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:04 pm
To be clear, Atheron's hope wasn't off the mark. While she certainly wouldn't have turned him out into the snow and cold for her benefit--a small part of her did want to keep him near. And why shouldn't she? They were good friends, and he was handsome...It was like her eyes had been opened to something she hadn't known she needed, or wanted, but was there all along.

It wasn't an unpleasant change ... in fact, it was one she quite liked.

The lean-to already was providing them with a shield against the wind. Taking her trampled and snow covered shawl, she reached up and fit it over a few of the roots and branches of the fallen trees. It was long and large enough to help keep the worst of the elements out. Ravenna did give a small chuckle at his joke, giving him a little nudge with her shoulder as she did so. "I'd encourage your vengeance, if I didn't think the root already covered in a layer of snow," she mused, reaching out to give his arm a reassuring pat. That they were stuck close to one another didn't escape her notice, nor did the feel of his tail brushing against her flank.

When Atheron offered to get the kindling, she smiled. "Only if you're sure and promise not to go far. Though..." Ravenna glanced up and around them. "Perhaps you might not need go far at all. Are there any branches that we might use?" She would thank the earth spirits for the bounty they gave us after they were warm and settled. "The fire needn't be large -- this breath of the fire elemental has some magical properties to make it ideal for travel." Even as she spoke, she leaned down to create a ring upon the earth with a small, orange crystal attached to the neck of the jar. It glowed softly, but otherwise looked nothing more than a piece of jasper or citrine.

The fire would run hotter than normal -- but it also would remain within the circle she'd drawn. Any embers it might spit would remain within the circle -- and so long as they periodically gave it kindling, it would burn hot throughout the night. And good thing too because the wind was starting to whip up good, and even within the shelter, she could feel the temperature drop. A shiver ran up her spine, and she unconsciously leaned closer to Atheron.

EvilSilverDragon
The spirits pulling every trick in the book to get them to cuddle

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:41 am
With a deep chuckle, he gave her a wide grin as she played along with his 'plan'. She was probably right, the offending root was likely safe under its layer of deceptive snow. "It has the advantage of stealth, this time." He remarked, leaning into her a moment as she had done to him.

He watched her preparations. That bottle she had seemed so..normal. Only he knew her far better than to assume she had a favorite pet rock. He was beyond fortunate that she actually came very well prepared. He had night shade and a knife.

Ready to set out and find their kindling, he assured her, "I won't go far or stay long." Just as he set one hoof forward, the sky cracked and lit up like midday. There wasn't even the cutesy of rumblings before it lit up the first time.

His very first reaction was to throw an arm around Ravenna again. Holding her against him and 'shielding' her from the threat. There wasn't anything a centaur could do about a thundersnow but no one told his first reaction. "I was just thinking heavy snow and freezing temperatures weren't enough, clearly we were missing a lightning snow storm." He quipped glaring out at the snow tensed up ready to bolt if their shelter became a casualty.

The next hit felt like it was right outside their lean-to. The act shook their shelter sending several branches and a few sheath of bark raining down. He put his other arm up as a shield but it didn't seem completely necessary, most of the bounty landed in front of them. He did wear a bark hat for a few seconds before it was brushed off with irritation.

"I think we are set now." There was no interest in leaving her and going out in that even if the violence seemed to have paused for the moment. She'd need to work to get their fire going but he wasn't letting go until he had to. Between the shared warmth and protective desire to keep her close, it was hard to convince himself.

He wouldn't hinder her, though, just let her set things up as she needed to.

Uta
A rock light show was probably a bit dramatic of them XP

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:54 pm
After having had to leave everything behind in the Sun Herd, Ravenna had learned to become perhaps a bit overly prepared. She always had some basic supplies on her, or near -- and knowing that this journey was likely to be a longer one, she had wanted to prepare for the unexpected. Winter on the island could be as wicked as it could be beautiful -- as the sudden onslaught of snow and ice and wind was proving.

The shock of light and the loud boom which followed did startle Ravenna, admittedly. She gave a sudden jump back--or rather into--poor Atheron, though his arm was welcome relief. For all that she loved nature, thunder and lightning still made her anxious. She'd been raised in the Sun Herd, which was a sprawling complex away from many of the elements. So when she'd run off with Aiolos, they'd had to weather out some awful summer storms with little protection. A few had been particularly bad -- hiding away the stars and moon that gave her such comfort.

She hadn't expected a snowstorm to put on such a display. With her heart racing, the next crack of light and thunder had her actually hiding her face against Atheron, body quivering in sudden fear. It took all her strength not to panic and bolt like a filly. It was, admittedly, embarrassing to have the fear grip her so. She was supposed to be strong, supposed to be a comfort and guiding hand for the herd.

What would they think of her if they saw her sudden startlement and fear? She hid her insecurities and personal fears from everyone, trying hard to be strong and wise and pretend that she knew what she was doing. But in reality, she was just a lost mare, doing the best she could, hoping the Moon Gods blessed her. Sometimes she wondered if she was nothing but a fraud... worshipping the moon and nature, but sometiems still feeling so very, very lost.

Hopefully, Atheron didn't think less of her.

"I didn't realize snowstorms came with such uh.... ferocity," she spoke, peeking back out as she tried to steady her nerves. Of course, the storm gave them exactly what they needed by way of timber -- but she felt it could have been accomplished in less startling ways. "Thankfully the world provided," she forced a smile, though it would take a few minutes more for her body to really relax.

Grudgingly, very grudgingly, she stepped up to the small circle, and leaned down to place some of the kindling within its boundaries. Her hand shook as she took out the small bottle with the glowing jewel. She popped off the cap, and using the gem, dipped it into the bottle. When she removed it, the tip of the gem glowed like an ember, and she pressed it against the branches and bark.

Immediately, a flame burst forth, far faster and quicker than a natural fire. The heat warmed the lean-to immediately, lighting up the small enclosure as it fed. Another rumble of thunder had Ravenna retreating back further into the lean to, and back against Atheron if he let her. He seemed so solid, so fearless.

"I do enjoy a good rainstorm, but thunder and lightning?" She gave a self-conscious laugh, deciding to just admit her fear and be done with it. Hopefully he wouldn't look too poorly upon her for such a fillyesque fear. She had her reasons, of course...but that didn't make them any easier to handle.

EvilSilverDragon
Where's Jim Cantore!? He'd love it. Or I guess in Mythikos his name might just be Jim Cantaurie, haha. Though I just found out Ravenna's a little afraid of thunderstorms, poor thing.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:57 pm
A youth spent running in storms, the spirits of nature known like family. Her obvious distress kept him from indulging in light shadows. Fleeting games of foalhood played in the rare shelters in the worse of the storms. Instead, he held the memories while he held her.

Rather than speak at the moment, he just held her and glared out at the weather tormenting her. She is the beloved of the Moon, and of his heart. That anything could harm her spirit like this was unforgivable.

Trying too soothe, he remarked, "The faster and harder they hit, the quicker they tend to move on." Not fast enough for how much it bothered her. Watching her work, all he could think was of awe. Awe of her endless abilities.

Welcoming her back at his side, he swiftly placed an arm around her again. Holding her close, he reached over to gently stroke her hair as he whispered, "You are remarkable without equal, Ravenna." Resting his check against her temple, the stallion held on to the moment for as long as it could last.

The heat made the need for being close less pressing. There was no interest in creating distance unless she wished it.

Uta
Need more winids for him, Jim loves kite weather XD

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:51 pm
Usually, Ravenna could tell when the weather would turn with summer storms. Nox Lunae had plenty of shelters, lean-tos, and even homes for the herd, built in harmony with the land -- so storms were less threatening. While she was still uncomfortable with them, she had her own little sanctuary and could focus on the herd, or at least have a little time to prepare for the oncoming thunderstorm.

But here?

She had expected the snow and wind, but not thunder or lightning--so it caught her completely off guard.

Thankfully, Atheron was kind and didn't laugh at her--though she still worried she might let him down. He seemed to think so highly of her, she worried he might be dissatisfied if he saw her follies and flaws. It wasn't something she'd thought of until now--likely because she was only beginning to realize that she wanted his approval--more than anyone's.

But he was kind to hold her, and she appreciated the comfort he so freely gave. The feel of his fingers as they brushed through her hair, or the curl of his arm around her waist, left a heat running through her that had nothing to do with the fire. His comment about being remarkable did have her give a little laugh and a shake of her head. She did peek up at him, certain her cheeks were flushed--and it had nothing to do with the fire.

"I don't know about that," she countered gently. "An illustrious Moon priestess afraid of thunderstorms? Hardly the stuff legends are made of," she teased herself gently. "Sometimes I'm surprised the herd is doing as well as it is," she confessed with a small sigh. It was easy to lean against him, easy to be honest with her feelings... or at least, most of them. "Thankfully, there are plenty of fine additions to keep the herd going, even when I falter. Like our distinguished trailblazer and Waxing Gibbous Leader," she smiled, eyes brightening.

Had he known he was now considered the herd's Head Guard?

Well.

If not, he just found himself with a new promotion. She wouldn't have entrusted the role to anyone else.

Though the fire warmed their enclosure, she didn't want him to let go. The lightning and thunder seemed to have passed, but she did rather like this new arrangement. It felt nice to be close to him. Nice to be near He didn't seem uncomfortable, and if she slipped her arm about his waist, to more comfortable lean against him, she hoped he didn't mind. She was getting a bit bolder with her interest, testing just a little where his boundaries were, and what it might meant.

Did she bring it up or mention this new world? Or did she pretend not to notice how very friendly the two of them were being?

EvilSilverDragon
So next time they go on an adventure and need some drama, they run into a hurricane. Good to know. x3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:35 am
So close he could swear he could feel her heart beating, Atheron found something akin to calm and still. His attentions split between looking out of the lean-to for signs of danger, and being drawn to her as a moth to moonlight. The shaking of her head pulled his eyes down to gaze into hers.

He could wonder, about the additional color dancing along her cheeks. There was a lot about these last few hours to try and understand. At least her words he could better put to context.

Just why did he want to lean into her more?

Clearing his throat softly, he kept himself still and just listened. Her fears, that thread of insecurity brought on by trying to be everything all at once. He felt it as much as heard it. "Herds run together." The reminder probably meant a lot more to him than it would to her.

Working on trying to make sense of himself, his mouth decided to trot out of the barn without the rest of his brain, "If anyone asks, it was a flock of 20 thunderbirds having an argument." He even tried to offer a big smile. Still felt a little like he was chewing on his hoof again.

"Do you know why centaur don't live alone?" Some probably did, but as his former matron taught, centaur were meant to live in herds. They were meant to be together. Not running off on nonsense adventures by themselves when the herd needed help cleaning up camp. Last part was probably more relevant to yearling Atheron then to this situation.

"Each of us has our part, when played together we run strong. You are our guiding light and the heart. The moon doesn't see its own glow, only when its reflected upon the land it cherishes. We- I see it." There was a very, very real feeling he was about to do something incredibly stupid. It was telling that he was even aware of it.

Every reasonable brain cell pushed him to abort course.

The hand in her hair dripped, to her cheek again, a thumb gently brushing across tenderly. Then he pulled his hand back, asking to hold her free hand a moment. So wrapped up in that one moment, Atheron nearly missed his promotion.

All sorts of silly bows and declarations flitted through and out again, this time not staying long enough to go into action. "I'll always be right here for you." Guarding the herd was his life's mission. For in the middle of that herd was her.

Long had he known she was at the center of it all, that she lived in his heart. Like the moon, admiration from a far was safer. Too close like this and he risked a step too far. A step that could crush something that would never regrow.

Uta
Ooo, yess, the stronger the better!

had to look up what gibbous meant. What it means in Latin is making me giggle XD

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 4:44 pm
Ravenna's silver eyes gazed up at the stallion next to her, taking in the sight of him as shadow and light danced over him form the crackling flames. She considered his words, how herds ran together. It was a simple comment, but there was truth behind it... In fact, everything he was saying, was a boon to her heart.

She wasn't alone, of course. Aiolos was there, and Atheron. The herd had grown and there were now families and individuals that that helped make it someplace great. They were all together, all there to support one another, all there to make it home. Even now, feeling insecure as she did, Atheron was helping to lift her up, and reassure her spirit.

He had always been sweet to her. So eager and willing to help the herd, despite his own hunt for his lost band. He'd fast become a pillar of Nox Lunae, and she hoped he knew how important he was. Not just to the herd, or for his help in supporting it... but to her, personally. He could make her laugh, could bring a levity and lightness to even the most bleak of situations--and no matter what she needed, he always seemed to bee there, ready to give.

Gazing up at him, she could believe him, readily. "Atheron..." She spoke his name, almost like it was the first time she'd said it aloud.

The thunder, the lightning, the storm -- it was all forgotten. It wasn't just the coziness of the cave, wasn't just the atmosphere of the crackling fire. Something on this trip had changed... and Ravenna needed to know if it was worth pursuing or would lead to a dead end. She could ask him. She knew she should ask him. Often in the Sun Herd, mates and marriages were arranged or planned well ahead based on rank and position and career. But Ravenna had always been more secretive, more shrouded in darkness, like the Moon.

"I don't want to live a life alone.," she began, reaching a hand up to shyly reach for his face. She let her thumb trace over his cheek, cupping the side of his face, feeling every edge and curve. Gazing up at him, she had to fight to look away, though she was certain the color in her cheeks had deepened.
No, this was important, and she needed him to know it was not said lightly, or as some joke. "... but I also don't want to live a life without you in it. You've come to mean so much to me..." It was as close a confession as he should say.

Would he spurn her?

Would he understand that it wasn't just as a companion?

She had to make it clear. If she misunderstood his intentions, then at least she'd know--and work out any awkwardness before they continued on the journey. No, pulling him down closer, she moved in for a kiss. He could turn away, or pull back; he could object, he could stop her if he wished... But rumor had it you could always tell how someone felt about you in their kiss.

EvilSilverDragon
Ahahahah. I had to look it up myself. xD Whelp, here goes nothing....

[IC] Chimereid Island RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff