Research or Knowledge? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Winter Black
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:17 pm
My grandmother is Christian, but it never really left any sort of impression on me. As long as I can remember, I've been more interested in researching the past, than I have with almost any thing else. A show called Mummies Alive got me interested in Ancient Egypt, and I went from there. Now I'm a Eclectic Pagan of four years, and I'm always learning more as I go along. But my belief's and idea's are all my own, and I don't take them from anyone else. I'm strongly opinionated, but I know when to listen and learn, instead of attempt to correct. [shrugs] I learn how to do things by observation, and I listen to what people say to see other's opinions, others belief's and idea's. Thats what my religion is all about. My version of Paganism is listen, watch, and learn. Then you know, and the more you know, the closer you are to being truly enlightend. <3  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:04 pm
I was researching color magic for a now-defunct story of mine, and my most trusted resource at the time was Realmagick.net. I got curious as to what the rest of the site was about, and I was like, "You know, there is a really cool religious aspect to this." So I started researching it secretly. And one of my favorite pantheons is the pantheon from the story I had started working on! (The Norse--it was a story about some traveling mercernary guy who found Loki's grave and stuff).

But I'm still seeking my proper path, though I usually bill myself as "Dianic Pagan." 3nodding

Rose Mystica

Beloved Gawker

Lady Adokenai

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:17 am
Keistera
I picked up a book at the local Metaphysical store, Scott Cunningham's "Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner". I liked the symbolism of Wicca, the information on ritual, herbalism, nature... the short-version of the Rede was interesting.

I do research on other Pagan paths, not just Wicca. I'm a member of "nonfluffypagans" on livejournal (A discussion group), and I've made a couple of friends there... so I'm learning new things as I go along. Whatever resources I can find, I pick up and learn from.

As a result of the "Instant Witch" kits, and fluffyism, I've gone back to being a "Seeker". I don't know what path I wish to follow, so I'm just going to do a little searching, internally.

Your parents are doing what they think they need to do to protect you. It's natural, and as annoying as it is to us, we won't be able to stop it until we get up and move on. Your situation.. it's best that you not tell them your faith. (Unless you have. O.o; )

That was my first book too. I'm kind of in the same boat you are, being a seeker again. I'm looking into Druidism though. 3nodding  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff