Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply ~The Rurouni Kenshin Guild~
The same anime, yet two worlds? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you disagree with the title "Samurai X"?
  Ja
  Nein
  Enishi is the greatest for giving away gold. ((This is if your undecided))
View Results

Tasha21

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:38 am
Bellgrape
Rise.Of.The.Dead
Ok, here listen to my extreemly stupid question... what's an OVA?... yes I know I sound like an idiot but I seriously don't know.

As for as the 2... I always thought they were the same.

Is ok to ask, that's the way you are going to learn 3nodding

Anyway here the definition of OVA

wikipedia
Original Video Animation (オリジナルビデオアニメ, Orijinaru Bideo Anime?) or OVA is an acronym used in Japan for anime titles that are released directly to retail sale, without prior showings on TV or in theaters. OVA is sometimes used, perhaps inappropriately, to refer to any extremely short anime series or special regardless of its release format.

And i also always thought that the ovas and the anime were the same thing, even if they are in diferent tones.

I have to agree. I guest some people don't understand how they are both the same. I'm American, but I like to watch the Japenese version of anime because it helps me learn the language!!  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:40 am
i dont really like the name Samurai X...
just seems to americanised. burning_eyes  

gao_kun

Enishi-san

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:32 pm
I don't know why, but it popped into my head the other night. Kenshin is really more like a ninja then a samurai...drn us US people for redoing the name. -.-  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:53 pm
-pumps air into the thread-

New people, maybe new ideas? LIVE THREAD LIIIIIVEEEEEEE  

Enishi-san

-part time ninja-

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:55 pm
The idea of them being two different worlds, is a bit ridiculous. They are all part of one large story.

The OVA is just that, an OVA made as a prequel to the Rurouni Kenshin series. The ideas ALL belong to Nobuhiro Watsuki. The animation, yes, is different... but they ARE together...and they are most CERTAINLY not 'different worlds'. One simply happened 10+ years earlier.

Though if you are saying people think Samurai X is another title for rurouni kenshin... that is wrong. Rurouni Kenshin, is most definately the title for the anime only.

...Animation is different. Stories go hand in hand.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:59 pm
xD

-poke-

Samurai X is like the spin off of RuroKen. Same characters timeline and all. A sister story.

And dat is meh opiny on.

SUDO SANDWICH

Computerized Sex Symbol

vitorssj3

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:33 pm
i know they are the same  
~The Rurouni Kenshin Guild~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers