Reply Characters
New Character Speculation Thread. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AllAces93

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:21 pm
I think that the following characters should be added: SONIC, TAILS, KNUCKLES, SHADOW, MEGAMAN, ZERO, PROTOMAN, DIDDY KONG, WALUIGI, TOAD, SORA, RAICHU, RAYMAN, SHY GUY, and CLOUD. They should add KYOGRE, GROUDON, RAYQUAZA, LUCARIO, SHADOW LUGIA and JURACHI to the pokeballs  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:25 am
I have some things to say about this list...to make it easier to read, I'm putting my comments directly in the quote, bolded.

nitnit
I made some jokes about this in another thread, here's my serious list of possibilities (items included)

Also note that if Adventure mode is expanded upon, there will be more enemies, and possibly boss characters.

Very Likely

Waluigi - He's Luigi's enemy, and has been becomming a regular mario cast member No. Just no. For starters, he has only appeared in Sports/Party games. He hasn't even appeared in any Wario games or canon Mario games. Add to that the fact that he's pretty unpopular, and he seems not very likely.

Captain Olimar - Since he's a miyamoto character, and he has potential (peach style pikin pulling and throwing anyone?) he's a good possibility. Also look out for his brother making an appearance, whether or not he's a character clone is debatable. If Olimar dosen't make it as a char, I bet the pikmin will be an item of some sort (think mister saturn) - OR peach will have a chance uprooting a pikmin by mistake I hope so. Pikmin is an awesome game series, and I think that Captain Olimar would make a cool character with a variety of Pikmin themed moves. Also, for the record, Louie is not related to Oilmar...he's just his sidekick.

KingDeeDeeDee - DDD is more famous than metaknight (who's in the game). He's also got the perfect feel of a SSBM char (think stronger ice climber). If he dosen't make it as a character, he will most likely be an enemy of some sorts. This one's a bit iffy. I could really care less, and that seems to be most people's opinion. He could make it, but something tells me he won't. Sakurai says that the reason that he never included Metaknight in SSBM is because he didn't want to seem like an ego maniac and include a lot of characters from his games. So I think Sakurai is too humble to include Dedede (which, for the record, is how you spell his name)

Toad, Boo, Koopa Kid, or other Mario related chars - These guys have been popping up as playable characters in almost all the Mario games lately, so it would make sense to let them join in the fight. No. With the exception of Toad, we do not need a lot of generic Mario characters running around. This isn't Super Mario Bros. Brawl. That said, Toad would rock.

Wolf and Krystal - since SF assault, Wolf and Kystal have gained quite a bit of popularity, it woulden't be unlikely to see them here. Also look out for Andross as a boss, he would be sort of like master plus crazy hand with a face. I think Wolf would be awesome as long as he isn't a clone. Krystal is only allowed in if she has a moveset themed around her staff and the abillities it had in Starfox Adventure.

Something Final Fantasy Related - In case anyone's noticed, every final fantasy game before 7 has been released, and rereleased on a nintendo console. There've even been some extra ones, including Crystal Chronicals and Tactics Advance. It woulden't be a longshot if a moogle was included as a character or item. NO NO NO NO NO! NEVER! You see, the company that owns FF is Square-Enix. But Square-Enix happens to own another character that would fit in SSBB much better. I'm talking about Geno, from Super Mario RPG. Geno is a lot more awesome, and a lot more deserving of a spot than any FF character. And if a FF character did make it, I would rather have a Black Mage or a Fighter from FF1 than a stupid Moogle, because that way Nintendo could sneak an 8-Bit Theater reference into SSBB.

Metroid Enemies - while they probably won't make it as characters (ridley probably woulden't work out that well) Ridley, Kraid, Mother Brain, Space Pirates, and the Metroids could make it as enemies for the adventure mode. Ridley is more likely than you think. I wouldn't count him out yet.

The FLUDD and Polterguiest are very possible to be items. Eh, I don't really care...I think Luigi's vacuum should be his grab, and have suction power equivelent to Kirby's B move.

Moderately likely (it's possible, but don't count on it)

Lyn, Eliwood, Hector or another Fire Emblem character - The first NA fire emblem game was relatively successful, so it would make sense to put one of the characters in. I'm hoping for Lyn (since she's hot blaugh ) I haven't played FE, so I can't agree or disagree.

Longshots (these probably won't happen, but could) -

BanjoKazooie - BK1 and 2 were two of the greatest games I've ever played. They are only on nintendo consoles, and Rare has shown desire to put them in something (a couple E3s ago they put Banjo in a few secs in a trailer). However - since Microsoft owns rare now, this possibility is reduced greatly. Yeah, this one is really iffy. If Nintendo could convince Rare to put him in, I would be very happy. But I'm not going to hold my breath on this one.

Sora - Sora/Kingdom Hearts has had a ridiculous amount of popularity, AND Chain of Memories was a GBA game. Plus, he has the look and feel of a SSB character. NO! See my Geno argument under Final Fantasy. Also, Sora is stupid.

Chrono Trig. Characters - Again, I'm putting this as a longshot. Even though there's a huge fanbase, when people think of nintendo, they don't really think about Crono. No, and only because they would mean no Geno.

Viewtiful Joe and Sexy Silvia - It's possible, joe and sylvia play like SSB characters in their own game, but it isn't very likely. I wish! The only problem is making abilities like Slow and Mach Speed and Close Up work or have some equivelent in SSBB that makes sense. Also, Capcom has plenty of other character to choose from. So sadly, Joe is very unlikely. And I firmly believe that since there are so few 3rd party slots, each company will only have one character. So Silvia never had a chance.

Golden Sun characters - This is possible, it was one of the more popular GBA RPG games, but they don't really have the feel of SSB Never played the games, so I can't say.

Theories I'd like to shoot down:

Bomberman - Putting bomberman in the game woulden't be in the best interest of Hudsen since they recently screwed him over with Bomberman Zero. Putting him in as classic Bman would make the new bomberman seem abandoned, and putting in the new one would just suck. Agreed.

Sonic Characters - There is a HUGE demand for this character. However, I have a few reasons why he probably won't make it:

- Since Sonic is probably the most demanded fighter to be made, they probably would have announced him at E3 (they used Snake as their trump card instead though) Maybe they didn't announce Sonic because they didn't have the rights to use him yet back then. Snake was the first third party character they secured the rights to. They didn't start thinking about other 3rd party character until after Snake was already in.

- Sonic himself isn't very SSBey, Sonic himself never uses his fists... however, knuckles and amy have the feel of SSB characters. Sonic once had his own fighting game, and may I also add that it is never impossible to make a moveset. Captain Falcon has never appeared out of his racer before SSB, yet they gave him a moveset. Fox and Falco don't seem like they would use their fists either, but they do. This argument is just dumb.

- Sonic has always been a bitter rival of mario in the marketing world... not putting Sonic in would be Miyamoto's little way of claiming superiority. Miyamoto doesn't make SSBB, Sakurai, the guy who also made the Kirby games, does. And besides, I think it was Miyamoto who said he wants Sonic in SSBB.

Master Chief - WTF guys, that's not possible at all. Anyone who seriously suggests MAster Chief needs to have their face ripped off.

4th gen. Pokemon - There won't be enough time for NA players to have enjoyed these pokemon to include them. Not to mention there's never been a playable pokemon beyond 1st gen. OBJECTION! Pokemon Diamond and Pearl will come out in America on April 22nd. We have no clue when SSBB comes out. It could come out in December for all we know. Also, the only 4th Gen Pokemon who deserves a slot is Lucario, who is already well known among American Pokemon fans. So his chances are pretty good.

My biggest problem with you list is the complete lack of Geno, yet you suggested three other Squeare-Enix franchises. Geno appeared in a Mario game, and is higly requested. His chances are much better than any other Square-Enix character.

AllAccess93
I think that the following characters should be added: SONIC, TAILS, KNUCKLES, SHADOW, MEGAMAN, ZERO, PROTOMAN, DIDDY KONG, WALUIGI, TOAD, SORA, RAICHU, RAYMAN, SHY GUY, and CLOUD. They should add KYOGRE, GROUDON, RAYQUAZA, LUCARIO, SHADOW LUGIA and JURACHI to the pokeballs

You fail for:
1) Listing multiple 3rd party characters from the same company.
2) Listing way more 3rd party characters than there will be in this game. There will only be 2-3 3rd party characters, maybe 4 at the most. And that's counting Snake.
3) Suggesting Lucario as a Pokeball Pokemon, and not as a playable character.
And perhaps your biggest crime of all...
4) Suggesting Sora and Cloud, the two stupidest, most overrated Square-Enix characters that don't belong in this game because they belong on the stupid Playstation. Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories may technically give them a chance, but that chance is, at most, 1% for Sora and 0.00001% for Cloud.  

Tel-Jilad Squirrel

Headstrong Bookworm

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:21 am
Tel-Jilad Squirrel

Your previous post was one of the most logical I've seen yet.

Although I too would love to see Geno, I think Chrono Trigger has a wide fan base as well. I agree, Geno would make a welcome addition to Brawl. Personally, I'd like to see Crono and Magus. biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:02 pm
SilentBlackTiger
Tel-Jilad Squirrel

Your previous post was one of the most logical I've seen yet.

Although I too would love to see Geno, I think Chrono Trigger has a wide fan base as well. I agree, Geno would make a welcome addition to Brawl. Personally, I'd like to see Crono and Magus. biggrin

Well....I used to spend a lot of time on the GameFAQs SSBB boards ( I don't much anymore ) and between all the crap topics and fads, the few on topic topics were full of logic, intelligence, the ocasional n00bish comment, and awesomeness.

The only reason I support Geno over the almost as deserving Chrono Trigger characters is because Geno was in a Mario game, and I played Super Mario RPG and Geno was one of my favorites. I've played Chrono Trigger, it is awesome, and the characters from it are much more deserving than any Final Fantasy character  

Tel-Jilad Squirrel

Headstrong Bookworm

Magical Girl BunnyWinx

Angelic Spirit

9,675 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 6:01 am
Tel-Jilad Squirrel

4) Suggesting Sora and Cloud, the two stupidest, most overrated Square-Enix characters that don't belong in this game because they belong on the stupid Playstation. Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories may technically give them a chance, but that chance is, at most, 1% for Sora and 0.00001% for Cloud.

OWNED.
rofl

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:09 pm
I think it's not too out there for sonic to be in brawl. They did mention they were trying to contact sega for the permission, so anything's possible.  

sniperfodder

Reaper1120

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:10 pm
i know it wouldnt happen but it would be kinda cool to play as your mii but not go aganst normal charatcers mabye they could just make a game mode of mii fights that or have an item that calls a mii stampede hittting all the players except you but that most likely won't happen  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:29 pm
AllAces93

Why would they add Sora or Cloud? Neither of them are even nintendo.  

clownrus

3,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200

Tigerzero

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:34 am
Lucario is stupid.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:25 pm
Tigerzero
Lucario is stupid.

No, he isn't.

Lucario is awesome.  

Tel-Jilad Squirrel

Headstrong Bookworm

elf_hero66

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:24 pm
shadow_llama
Some more Pokemon would be kool

I agree. The Pokemon characters have always been really good. You may not think so, but Jigglypuff can REALLY kick butt. Pikachu's really good too.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:34 pm
clownrus
AllAces93

Why would they add Sora or Cloud? Neither of them are even nintendo.

I like a lot of those characters, but Protoman? And I think instead of Shy Guy they should put Amy in. Not many people to my knowledge care much about Tails, but he's an original sonic character. It's possible that instead of Raichu, it would be Meowth. He's been a main pokemon in the show with Team Rocket since the beginning. But I'm not so sure if he would be that good...but if Raichu and Meowth are in ssbb, Raichu would probably replace Pichu. Raichu was my favorite pokemon. Also, if you go to the official site, www.smashbros.com, Groudon and Deoxys are in poke balls. Don't know about the others, but it's likely.  

elf_hero66

Emo_Azn_Dude

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:30 am
is ikea or wat ever his name is better than roy  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:09 pm
Hmm, I'm starting to think that they may put Sonic in the game, they could boost sales for the upcoming game "Mario & Sonic: at the Olympics".
http://www.1up.com/do/gameOverview?cId=3158302  

MONKIE LAD

MONKIE LAD

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:12 pm
sniperfodder
I think it's not too out there for sonic to be in brawl. They did mention they were trying to contact sega for the permission, so anything's possible.

Well, I believe Nintendo basically owns Sega and Sonic...  
Characters

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff