Paganism and Homosexuality Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Can the two mix?
  Absolutely!
  Not for me no.
  Hmm. That's a thinker.. gimme some time..
View Results

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 6:36 pm

LawrenceIII
Jameta
Nihilistic Seraph
LawrenceIII
Im bisexul and so is every body i pray with so yes cuz love has no gnedar or race

Go ORPHEUS
Orpheus? What does Orpheus have to do with homosexuality?
I'm curious, myself. question
he is the only greek god i pray to and greeks aceepted homosexals
Ah, that makes a bit more sense now. Ganymede, the cupbearer, is more associated with homosexuality, as well as Eros (the creator and match-maker of Uranus and Gaia), although Eros is associated with all sexuality.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:30 pm

[ Message temporarily off-line ]

MOD66

LawrenceIII

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:15 pm

stupid chirstians they think they rule every thing and they think they judgemnet is the right jugdement well duck off
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:08 pm

Hey hey, don't judge all Christians by Bush. There are some nice ones around.

And don't bother packing for new Zealand, just head up to Canada, it's closer, and we get nice snow mrgreen

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:08 pm

Nihilistic Seraph
Hey hey, don't judge all Christians by Bush. There are some nice ones around.

And don't bother packing for new Zealand, just head up to Canada, it's closer, and we get nice snow mrgreen
And hey, the Senate killed the gay marriage ban, so we're doing ok. mrgreen
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:50 pm

The founding fathers...I'm so glad they had the foresight to make amending our Constitution so difficult, or this might have actually passed. What happened to the Declaration of Human Rights, which expressly says that someone should have the freedom to marry who they choose?

Oh, I forgot...we helped draft it, write it, bring it to fruition...yet we failed to sign our names on it!! >_<

Azana Brown

Supercharged Protagonist

40,975 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Battle: KO 200

Harvested Sorrow

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:26 pm

I don't see the issue, personally, as I can't think of any particular laws that forbid it. That said in many Pagan cultures of the past (albeit, Neo-Paganism does follow a different set of standards it seems) bisexuality and homosexuality was quite common. Albeit, that seemed to go along with a general sense of hedonism within the cultures and both seemed to increase at the same time. So I suppose the most one could make out of it is a "spirituality vs. hedonism" issue.
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:28 pm

Azana Brown
What happened to the Declaration of Human Rights, which expressly says that someone should have the freedom to marry who they choose?

Oh, I forgot...we helped draft it, write it, bring it to fruition...yet we failed to sign our names on it!! >_<

Not exactly a fair statement. There's a line to draw between having rights and changing the meaning of a word to suit your whims, so the issue is still up in the air.

Harvested Sorrow

Guitarhero356

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:47 am

Haha! That is one thing I love about pagansim. Noone gives a damn if you're a different sexuality!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:49 am

Guitarhero356
Haha! That is one thing I love about pagansim. Noone gives a damn if you're a different sexuality!
Actually, there are some rather sexist and biased pagan sects. Hard-core Dianics do'nt alow men into thir rituals, and ignore the God directly. In Gardenerian Wicca, the High Priestess is asked to step down when she s no longer young and beautiful.

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Guitarhero356

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:25 pm

Nihilistic Seraph
Guitarhero356
Actually, there are some rather sexist and biased pagan sects. Hard-core Dianics do'nt alow men into thir rituals, and ignore the God directly. In Gardenerian Wicca, the High Priestess is asked to step down when she s no longer young and beautiful.
Really? That's sort of ridiculous........
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:20 pm

[ Aradia ]
Merry meet everyone! How are you finding yourselves today/tonight? First off I'd like to say that I know this isn't exactly a new discussion within the Pagn community. But I thought it might be nice to get a viewpoint from fellow guild members. biggrin

To me personally, I feel that there is one Spirit. That Spirit is broken down into the various aspects of life, duality included. There are male and female. Light and dark. Etc. Etc. And I think that homosexuality absolutely fits in. I think since we each biologically have male and female aspects, why not spiritually?

How do you all feel about the combination of a homnosexual lifestyle and the idea(s) of their being the God and Goddess (and variations thereof)? Please keep it civil.. I know you will!

*Storm*
Interesting how you used the idea of duality in oneself to explain homosexuality. Your point kinda makes sense. smile

And of course homosexuals can be pagan. If they're not allowed to be Christian, that certainly doesn't mean that pagans have to follow suit and also shun them.

ringwraith10

Anii Christ [saves!]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:38 am

i always thought the duality of deity was meant to express the inherint duality in humans, and that all humans had both male and female aspects, and could choose which one they most identified with. you love who you love. *shrug*
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:23 pm

ringwraith10
And of course homosexuals can be pagan. If they're not allowed to be Christian, that certainly doesn't mean that pagans have to follow suit and also shun them.

That is a generalization not every Christian hate or deny gays of their religious rights. I know more Christians that hate gays then accept them but that dose not mean they don't exist.

MOD66

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:51 pm

Guitarhero356
Nihilistic Seraph
Guitarhero356
Really? That's sort of ridiculous........
Tell that to them. >.<

Well, the Gardenerian one is understandable. Their High Priestess is supposed to represent the Maiden aspect I think, so you can see why they'd need the High Priestess to step down when she was no longer in her Maiden aspect of life.
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff