The Columbine Shooting Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WeissVicious

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:50 pm
slipknot_him_slut
i think it was just a few kids that were pushed too far and fought back in the worst way....then after it manson was blamed for those kids stupidity when those kids wouldn't of done it if it wasn't for stereotypes and bullying...it was society's fault and i think it was well deserved of em all

i very much agree. it is retribution, punishment, repent, for bullies and the socaial ladder for their vanity. However I am deeply deeply sorry for those who were innocent of the shootings, I really am. but those who tortured the shooters, deserve it, because making other people feel less than human is wrong, but now that i think of it i believe death is not a fitting punishment, I think they should have learned what the sting of being scorned by your entire social community is like, but like they say "life isn't fair".
I also believe this was meant to be, to show that all should be treated dispite their wardrobe or the the things they like or whatever because or else shootings will happen. And as I see things have gotten better, but not much. but like I said, it is repent for vanity and using their social level as a way to hurt others to make themselves feel better about their own insecure selves. It shows that anybody, nerd, jock, average joe, is capable of mass murder. Columbine is one of many reasons why i treat every human being with respect and kindness, I know what it is like to be insulted and shunned because I hadn't played sports or like to hang with the guys or b a real cute guy. It hurts to be disliked because of the way you look or the things you like or don't like and I have learned to be a good person through these experiences, and I find the Columbine Shooting simply retribution to society as Slipknot_him_slut says.

(also, i believe one of the shooters were clinically insane so i don't know about him)  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:07 pm
My opinion? Stuff like that happens all the time, same with 9/11, yet America are the only ones who cry and whine about it for years on end. I'm not referring to anyone here in specific, I just think it's sad that if a horrible massacre happens anywhere else in the world, it may be in american news for.. maybe a day at most. The titanic? Wasn't the wost ship accident, not even CLOSE, but I believe the record holder was filled with.. germans was it? I dunno, either way you never hear of it. What about the hundreds of thousands of innocent people who are being killed in Iraq? Nope, we only mourn the dozen or so american soldiers killed. So in summary, I choose to focus on the more important tragedies that can be fixed and avoided, not saying that any other tragedies are less important, just that I think all the time and energy used for mourning these things that stopped years ago, we should focus our attention globally on current issues.  

Ndoki

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:54 am
Ndoki
My opinion? Stuff like that happens all the time, same with 9/11, yet America are the only ones who cry and whine about it for years on end. I'm not referring to anyone here in specific, I just think it's sad that if a horrible massacre happens anywhere else in the world, it may be in american news for.. maybe a day at most. The titanic? Wasn't the wost ship accident, not even CLOSE, but I believe the record holder was filled with.. germans was it? I dunno, either way you never hear of it. What about the hundreds of thousands of innocent people who are being killed in Iraq? Nope, we only mourn the dozen or so american soldiers killed. So in summary, I choose to focus on the more important tragedies that can be fixed and avoided, not saying that any other tragedies are less important, just that I think all the time and energy used for mourning these things that stopped years ago, we should focus our attention globally on current issues.

Actually, no. School shootings of this type are extremely rare, and almost completely limited to the United States. The terrorist attacks of September 11th have had no equal anywhere in the world. Generally, when there is a major terrorist attack, people do know and care about it. Look at the terrorists who took a school hostage in Moscow or the Hindenburg. As for people in Iraq dying, the difference is people were dying before the invasion. Now, United State troops are dying, which is different.

Of course people will care about the people from their own country more than people from another. It would be impossible to care if not. Think about how many people starve to death every year in your country. In less than a decade two genocides happened, yet most people never knew or cared. If a teenager dies in a car crash in your city, you will know about it, but somebody in another state will not. It is how humans are, and i doubt it will ever change.

The death of one person near you is far more important to you than the death of a hundred people in another country. Is it good? No, but it is the way people are. If you cared about each individual who died as much as all the others, you could not care at all.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:26 pm
Broken~Namine
Today is the seventh aniversery(please excuse my spelling) of the shooting at the Columbine High School. Share your thoughts about it, if you want to.

I never really cared. It just pissed me off. It's stupid that those two idiots got everyone thinking that Goths would do the same.

Those kids weren't even Goth. They were Neo-Nazi morons.

I personally celebrate 4-20 as Shakespeare's Birthday and National Weed Day and go get some rum with my pothead friends because I don't smoke. And then read some Shakespeare. mrgreen  

2aetH

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:29 pm
Columbine was a tragic event on multiple levels. Even beyond the immediate deaths of the students and attackers, the fact that the event occured whatsoever spurred a change in society which is still felt today. It acted as inspiration for a number of other events like it, and while none were as severe, the combined total of deaths from school-shootings inspired by Columbine far surpass Columbine itself. On another note, Columbine was one of a number of events which built up mainstream intolerance to goths. While the shooters themselves were not goths, the media innaccurately drew the connection. This resulted in the largest backlash against goth, and remains as a driving point of argument against goths, despite the fact that the goth scene had absolutely nothing to do with the event.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:03 pm
One of my friends was almost expelled because of a bomb threat at my high school. He wasn't a goth, though. He was more of an anarchist, but that's beside the point. Anyway, someone saw him coming out of the restroom and then saw the threat and reported it to the office. They automatically thought it was him and he got a lot of s**t for it.

On a related note, the year before that, a bunch of drunk FOOTBALL PLAYERS at the high school bled a rabbit and smeared it around the back staircase. Me, my sister, most of my friends, and some other people I don't know were suspected. I was even told someone said I did it! What kind of s**t is that! I lived 20 something miles from the school, I didn't have a car, how the hell am I going to get to school in the middle of the night and more impotantly, Why would I go there anyway. I spent 13 years of my life waiting to get out of school. I'm not gonna go there to start s**t, I get enough of it.  

Elochai Sammael

Ndoki

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:42 pm
zz1000zz

Actually, no. School shootings of this type are extremely rare, and almost completely limited to the United States. The terrorist attacks of September 11th have had no equal anywhere in the world. Generally, when there is a major terrorist attack, people do know and care about it. Look at the terrorists who took a school hostage in Moscow or the Hindenburg. As for people in Iraq dying, the difference is people were dying before the invasion. Now, United State troops are dying, which is different.

Of course people will care about the people from their own country more than people from another. It would be impossible to care if not. Think about how many people starve to death every year in your country. In less than a decade two genocides happened, yet most people never knew or cared. If a teenager dies in a car crash in your city, you will know about it, but somebody in another state will not. It is how humans are, and i doubt it will ever change.

The death of one person near you is far more important to you than the death of a hundred people in another country. Is it good? No, but it is the way people are. If you cared about each individual who died as much as all the others, you could not care at all.

Yes school shootings may be rare, but there are much bigger worse things going on in the world, and yes, 9/11 is nothing compared to what GW is doing in iraq, but I don't see many people mourning about that. So you're saying it's different because they are american troops? So americans are special and iraqies are worthless? Even all the innocent women and children dying? That's pretty sad if that's the case, and I don't see how anyone could rationalize tens of thousands of innocent people killed. Frankly, I don't see anything in the news about people starving to death, but I see lots about invasions in iraq, and no, one person dying near me isn't more important than hundreds dying far away, I'm not selfish enough to have that mentality. Either way, it may be human nature, but I don't find that an excuse to not care, as a matter of fact, I find it more of an excuse to try harder. Goths are supposed to be known for being intellectual and looking at the bigger picture instead of just following the crowd. What ever happened to that?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:35 pm
I believe they felt that killing those people would solve their problems. They also might have been looking for attention, but I highly doubt that's why they did it. I've felt before that killing someone might solve or eliminate my problems. I'm not justifying what they did, because it was the wrong thing to do, but I think I understand why they did it.

Lexiegirl

Ndoki

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:52 pm
I personally like Chris Rock's take on it.

"They were upset because people picked on 'em, they didn't have any friends.. they were the outcasts... There were SIX of the mother****ers! I didn't have six friends in highschool! I don't got six friends now! And people are all like 'what were they listening to? Was it the movies? Was it the records?'. Why can't they just be crazy? When I was in school, kids were just crazy, and we seperated the crazy kids from everyone else."  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:08 pm
Ndoki
I personally like Chris Rock's take on it.

"They were upset because people picked on 'em, they didn't have any friends.. they were the outcasts... There were SIX of the mother****ers! I didn't have six friends in highschool! I don't got six friends now! And people are all like 'what were they listening to? Was it the movies? Was it the records?'. Why can't they just be crazy? When I was in school, kids were just crazy, and we seperated the crazy kids from everyone else."

rofl and that is why Chris Rock is a comic genius, take something violent, horrific and sad, and makes it damned funny  

Isobel Bellamy

Ndoki

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:10 pm
Actually I have tons of respect for him, his comedy acts always have a real meaning behind them. Most of the time while laughing my a** of I can say "You know, I completely agree!". He is definately a genius.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:13 pm
Ndoki
Actually I have tons of respect for him, his comedy acts always have a real meaning behind them. Most of the time while laughing my a** of I can say "You know, I completely agree!". He is definately a genius.

screw gun control what we need is bullet control rofl

He has a point there, you'd definately wonder wtf some did if they have £50,000 worth of bullets in them xd  

Isobel Bellamy

Ndoki

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:25 pm
Isobel Bellamy
Ndoki

screw gun control what we need is bullet control rofl

He has a point there, you'd definately wonder wtf some did if they have £50,000 worth of bullets in them xd

Yeah, or homosexuals in the military. "What's the two big gay issues? Can't get married, and can't join the military. MAN! Who's got it better than that?"

rofl  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:32 pm
Ndoki
Yeah, or homosexuals in the military. "What's the two big gay issues? Can't get married, and can't join the military. MAN! Who's got it better than that?"

rofl

lol, I don't find stand-ups very funny most of the time but Chris Rock is one of the few that actualy makes me more than smile, quite an achivement, mostly because it's so damned true 3nodding  

Isobel Bellamy

Vivi.The.Pimp.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:04 pm
Well I feel sorry for those people who died and those two boy with there stupid actions. I never heard about this so I kind of feel stupid. Two of my bestest friends had gotten suspended from school, The first one was for having a knife in her pocket that she didn't even knew that it was there, it fell out in the middle of her social class. The only reason she carries a knife with her is for protection because there's people out in my city who are looking for goth kids to beat the s**t out of them. Then the next day my other friend Josh got suspended for listing all the flaws that could happen to the school, like bombing. They had to talk to the schools cancellors after this "Goth meeting" we had at school, were they brought all the goth kids together to talk about the triple murder that had happened and how it had affected our lifes because we knew people who did it and the family. One of the murders was gothic and the other punk.. But media label them both goth.

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff