Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which?
  Roy
  Marth
View Results

Popoyuanbro

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:10 pm
Roy because his fire just makes it look cooler..not to mention it does more damage 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:36 pm
roy all the way. hes so much better then marth. and i bet half the ppl thatsay marth is better havnt played with roy or havnt played agianst any 2 good with roy  

bobbygoboom91

Indigo Swordsman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:26 pm
Arc Angel Gabriel
Here, watch this:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4300975011074561942

Now get over Roy, he is NOT better than Marth.

Quoted for emphasis. Click the damn link already!

bobbygoboom91: I have played as Roy, and I have played against a good Roy kthx.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:07 am
bobbygoboom91
roy all the way. hes so much better then marth. and i bet half the ppl thatsay marth is better havnt played with roy or havnt played agianst any 2 good with roy

havent played as roy !!! i was a roy player i was pretty good at it had all teh roy strategies memorized, could do everything with him and had a good set up mindgames, and gr8 at his technical moves and combos, still most of the fights were up-hill battles, then i sw3itched to marth adn everything became so much easier because of his longer grab, better air priortiy, mingames, and combos, watch the vid and u will be amazed at how much more marth can do than roy can

i admit roy is still useful, just not as good as marth, adn remeber when u measure characters u have to assmue that each character is played by players that are comletely equal in skill cause we are comparing the characters not the ppl who play them  

Phantom_Renegade

dmoney23045

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:59 am
marth is better cause he's faster n marth sword is longer. marth has better reach  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:37 pm
dmoney23045
marth is better cause he's faster n marth sword is longer. marth has better reach

*Claps*

I read back at what Roy Were-ForUniMare had to say.

He is the only person in this guild who can say he can play Roy well and back it up with evidence by saying Sweeden's no. 1 Fox was impressed.

Well I can say that my Falco (A fast faller) I can consistenly beat King Kong.

Who is Australia's 3rd ranked player, most experienced (Played nationally and internationally) and best Donkey Kong in Australia (Raper of fast fallers like Falco).

Credentials don't change anything though.
Skill will always take presedence over character selection.

What these people in this thread are doing however, are not looking at that aspect, the fact that it takes skill to play this game, and they likely don't play alot of people with skill if they blatantly believe Roy is better.

So Roy Were-ForUniMare may be able to play Roy better, but that does not constitute Roy as being a character that is better than Marth.  

ArcVyse

RedPhantomCloud

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:14 pm
Indigo Swordsman
ChaosGENE
You guys might say Marth is better, but me personally, I like Roy. This is one of the most annoying things ever though.

When you do dolphin slash(?) with Marth, you're fast, but you're so vulnerable. That's what irks me the most, but with Roy, you do your blazer(?) and the foe goes up with you.

I prefer speed over strength yes, but I think that I'm better with Roy because of the strength. I just think that Marth's a little to weak, and the speed with Roy is just fine with me.

Indigo Swordsmen, it's your call. I'd like to have a small talk about this 3nodding

Alright. :3 I always enjoy intelligent discussion about things like this. Y'know, a break for the whole 'Link is best because he's awesome!' xd

Roy's a great character, don't get me wrong. It's just, well, Marth is broken. D:

Range - This would probably be Marth's biggest advantage over other characters. Why? Because it's crazy-a** long and it applies to all of his moves, even throws. Also, the sweet-spot of his hits is at the tip of the Falchion, which allows him to abuse the range. Don't quote me on this, but I'm fairly sure his range is the best in the game (Ganon's may be longer, I don't remember).

Priority - Marth out-prioritizes most other characters, especially in the air. This makes juggles just a bit easier since Marth is harder to swat away while in the air than Roy.

Speed - Self-explanitory. He's faster and can get more hits in, juggle better, etc. It's not that Roy's slow, it's just that Marth's pretty damn fast.

F-smash of DOOM - While Marth's dragon slayer does less damage than Roy's f-smash, it has advantages over it's counterpart. It has greater reach, which makes it easier to be hit by. It still does a decent amount of damage, and it has greater knockback. Almost all of Marth's moves can chain into a fsmash, but that's also true for Roy.

That said, I agree with your point that he's too weak. (He'd be disgusting if he were stronger, though. XD) Also, Roy's counter and upB don't suck a** while Marth's do. (I cut the dolphin slash completely out of my game and only use it to recover.)

I personally like Roy, and I like it when people take the time to learn low-tier characters. I main as Zelda, and she's even lower on the tier list than Roy. XD
Damn... im starting to like Indigo Swordsmen,
anyways dudes Roy is kool we know ,but when it comes down to it marth seems to be a better character(not meaning roy can't beat him)
so when you say marth sux to defend roy you come off sounding.. er.. newbish...
i play with roy and i believ i can beat some of the top marths with (Not Ken thoe)
but i do undestand the Tier(i think thats it) and where roy ranks.

so please:Just say that your a better player not that roy is better than marth.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:31 pm
Phantom_Sephiroth
Indigo Swordsman
ChaosGENE
You guys might say Marth is better, but me personally, I like Roy. This is one of the most annoying things ever though.

When you do dolphin slash(?) with Marth, you're fast, but you're so vulnerable. That's what irks me the most, but with Roy, you do your blazer(?) and the foe goes up with you.

I prefer speed over strength yes, but I think that I'm better with Roy because of the strength. I just think that Marth's a little to weak, and the speed with Roy is just fine with me.

Indigo Swordsmen, it's your call. I'd like to have a small talk about this 3nodding

Alright. :3 I always enjoy intelligent discussion about things like this. Y'know, a break for the whole 'Link is best because he's awesome!' xd

Roy's a great character, don't get me wrong. It's just, well, Marth is broken. D:

Range - This would probably be Marth's biggest advantage over other characters. Why? Because it's crazy-a** long and it applies to all of his moves, even throws. Also, the sweet-spot of his hits is at the tip of the Falchion, which allows him to abuse the range. Don't quote me on this, but I'm fairly sure his range is the best in the game (Ganon's may be longer, I don't remember).

Priority - Marth out-prioritizes most other characters, especially in the air. This makes juggles just a bit easier since Marth is harder to swat away while in the air than Roy.

Speed - Self-explanitory. He's faster and can get more hits in, juggle better, etc. It's not that Roy's slow, it's just that Marth's pretty damn fast.

F-smash of DOOM - While Marth's dragon slayer does less damage than Roy's f-smash, it has advantages over it's counterpart. It has greater reach, which makes it easier to be hit by. It still does a decent amount of damage, and it has greater knockback. Almost all of Marth's moves can chain into a fsmash, but that's also true for Roy.

That said, I agree with your point that he's too weak. (He'd be disgusting if he were stronger, though. XD) Also, Roy's counter and upB don't suck a** while Marth's do. (I cut the dolphin slash completely out of my game and only use it to recover.)

I personally like Roy, and I like it when people take the time to learn low-tier characters. I main as Zelda, and she's even lower on the tier list than Roy. XD
Damn... im starting to like Indigo Swordsmen,
anyways dudes Roy is kool we know ,but when it comes down to it marth seems to be a better character(not meaning roy can't beat him)
so when you say marth sux to defend roy you come off sounding.. er.. newbish...
i play with roy and i believ i can beat some of the top marths with (Not Ken thoe)
but i do undestand the Tier(i think thats it) and where roy ranks.

so please:Just say that your a better player not that roy is better than marth.

Exactly right, although the fact that none of them (cept unimare) have claimed this yet is quite damaging to their arguement that roy is better.  

ArcVyse

rhexiam

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:36 am
marth  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:51 am
ken(marth vs neo(roy):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-rI1I47olU

marth rapes roy. period.  

demonman153

colin mocherie

Generous Gawker

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:21 am
Marth is ten times better than Roy. Marth man not have the strength that Roy has,but he is easier to control,and not to mention,if your opponent has over 100% on them,hit Up+B,and hit them with the edge of your sword,and theyre dead instantly. Marths counter alsosends his opponents farther back than Roys. No matter what you say,Marth is better than Roy  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:04 am
colin_mocherie
Marth is ten times better than Roy. Marth man not have the strength that Roy has,but he is easier to control,and not to mention,if your opponent has over 100% on them,hit Up+B,and hit them with the edge of your sword,and theyre dead instantly. Marths counter alsosends his opponents farther back than Roys. No matter what you say,Marth is better than Roy

wut..?
Marth's counter=almost pointless.
ten times better? nope, you say damage 100% or over and you have an instant kill? Hhaha i laugh at the disrespect you gave sephken, neo is good so ken has to get him to around 104 ,but other people can be killed much earlier.
oh and Roy starts smashing you off the screen to your deth around 56% rofl  

RedPhantomCloud

RedPhantomCloud

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:06 am
demonman153
ken(marth vs neo(roy):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-rI1I47olU

marth rapes roy. period.

true... love the vid it was a good fight ,but don't give marth as a character credit because Ken being so good! evil  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:01 pm
There should be a Puff option. B)
Marth would pwn Roy. -the end-  

Muffs

Noob

demonman153

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:55 pm
phantom true. ken owns. but marth does rape roy 80% of the time.  
Characters

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff