Reply TokyoPop Manga Guild
Manga VS. Anime *May contain SPOILERS!* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Frosted Fai

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 5:34 pm
MANGA! anime is great but it always leaves you jipped after reading the anime cause they cut out so much!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 5:44 pm
the manga for S.M. and the anime are really different.The manga is much darker and deals with suiside and death more then the show.Like both the way they are. xd  

Capricorinations

-[ Grant ]-

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:32 pm
I think that manga is way better then anime! You don't have to waste as much time watching it as you would reading it! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 5:56 pm
I think both manga and anime have their good points. I like them both for different reasons and I don't think either is better than the other.

I like manga because its easy to get through quickly and you can read it anywhere, anytime. Also, there are lots of little details in it so you can read it over and over again, and still get something new each time. Manga has lots of character development, so you can really get into the story.

Although, with some anime, that's true as well. Some series have little details like that as well. I like also like anime because of voice actors. They can add so much to a character. Of course, anime does cut out a lot of information and character development, but that doesn't take much away. I like seeing things I read in manga come to life in anime.  

lizstar

7,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:06 pm
lizstar
Of course, anime does cut out a lot of information and character development, but that doesn't take much away. I like seeing things I read in manga come to life in anime.

Some anime add character developement...and such... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 7:07 am
Neko-Yousei
Taemuy

DN Angel: Haven't see the anime yet but have read the first two volumes of the manga.

Pretear: The manga seems to be better (I've read the first two volumes). The anime...I liked it, but there isn't much character development.

Word on the streeet (or from my buddies xd ) about DNAngel is that the anime is quite different from the manga. Krad is introduced in the 4th episode. 0__0

I thought there was a decent amount of character growth in Pretear. What do you expect from a 13 episode series???

Yeah, DNAngel the anime is strange though I haven't seen. My sister has seen the first few episodes but stopped after a while because of this difference that you mentioned. I guess I've expected too much out of Pretear. Although the anime is short (and that I like the manga better), I still enjoyed watching the anime.  

Taemuy

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 11:10 am
Taemuy
Neko-Yousei
Taemuy

DN Angel: Haven't see the anime yet but have read the first two volumes of the manga.

Pretear: The manga seems to be better (I've read the first two volumes). The anime...I liked it, but there isn't much character development.

Word on the streeet (or from my buddies xd ) about DNAngel is that the anime is quite different from the manga. Krad is introduced in the 4th episode. 0__0

I thought there was a decent amount of character growth in Pretear. What do you expect from a 13 episode series???

Yeah, DNAngel the anime is strange though I haven't seen. My sister has seen the first few episodes but stopped after a while because of this difference that you mentioned. I guess I've expected too much out of Pretear. Although the anime is short (and that I like the manga better), I still enjoyed watching the anime.

At first I wanted to pick up the Pretear manga, but I read through some of it and it was basically a carbon copy of the anime that I'd already seen...I enjoyed the anime very much. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:06 am
I got to see some of the episodes of gravitation^^" I was sooooo happy that I got to see them but I really dislike Shuichi's voice, it just doesn't fit him at all, actually I don't really think any of the voices match the characters, I think they could have did a much better job choosing the voices. Rather than that I was just excited that I got to watch one of me favorite mangas in moving action XP  

PsychoAce56
Captain

6,450 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Misaki_Chii54
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:41 pm
Neko-Yousei
Taemuy
Neko-Yousei
Taemuy

At first I wanted to pick up the Pretear manga, but I read through some of it and it was basically a carbon copy of the anime that I'd already seen...I enjoyed the anime very much. 3nodding

The pretear anime was AWESOME!!! Yea, and the manga is pretty much the same... I read the 1st book.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:03 pm
PsychoAce56
I got to see some of the episodes of gravitation^^" I was sooooo happy that I got to see them but I really dislike Shuichi's voice, it just doesn't fit him at all, actually I don't really think any of the voices match the characters, I think they could have did a much better job choosing the voices. Rather than that I was just excited that I got to watch one of me favorite mangas in moving action XP

I think one of the main reason they chose Shuichi's voice actor (Seki Tomokazu...I lurve him) is because he sing and sing VERY well. I love Ryuichi's voice actor, Kappei Yamaguchi...it's INU-YASHA!!! >w< And I never knew it till I watched Gravitation, but yeah, he can sing really damn good too. After I finish re-watching CCS third season (3 more DVDs to go) and the last 2 DVDs of Saikano, my friend (bestest) lent me her Gravitation boxset. I've only seen the first DVD. >w<
I wonder if the OAV will ever be released...Hmm  

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

anime_fan_9002

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:44 pm
Neko-Yousei
PsychoAce56

I think one of the main reason they chose Shuichi's voice actor (Seki Tomokazu...I lurve him) is because he sing and sing VERY well. I love Ryuichi's voice actor, Kappei Yamaguchi...it's INU-YASHA!!! >w< And I never knew it till I watched Gravitation, but yeah, he can sing really damn good too. After I finish re-watching CCS third season (3 more DVDs to go) and the last 2 DVDs of Saikano, my friend (bestest) lent me her Gravitation boxset. I've only seen the first DVD. >w<

Gravitation Rocks!!!!!!!! I've only read the manga but it rocks!!!! I love Inuyasha(or is it Inu-Yasha??) too.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:44 am
anime_fan_9002
Neko-Yousei
PsychoAce56

Gravitation Rocks!!!!!!!! I've only read the manga but it rocks!!!! I love Inuyasha(or is it Inu-Yasha??) too.

I suppose you are right Neko-chan, he is a very very very good singer, and his voice is teh sexy, but it just didn't seem like Shuichi's to me, but I can learn to deal with it XP Ah yes and Ryuichi's voice actor as well!!! IN MUCH LOVE WITH HIM!!!!!!!! Mostly because he is my Inu-Yasha's voice actor as well!!! Gotta love that for sure!!!!  

PsychoAce56
Captain

6,450 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:13 am
He's also Ranma's voice actor which I find terribly funny because they're both the lead roles of Rumiko Takahashi's most famous works... xd  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:43 am
^^" Now that you mention it, I was watching Ranma the other day and going, voice..... so familiar O_o... NOW I KNOW WHY!!!!!! XP  

PsychoAce56
Captain

6,450 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200

meiikko

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:12 pm
Chobits - the manga ended so quickly and so the ending wasnt very good. The anime, however, didnt have the greatest animation. So overall I prefer the manga, but the anime ending is better.

Fruits Basket - I loved the anime. But I started reading the manga, and the story goes so much deeper. So I prefer the anime just for its cuteness, but the manga has better story line. ^.^

DNAngel - While the manga series seems kind of randomly put together (although Im not done with it yet XD ), the anime was pretty good. So I like the anime. The animation was really good, and of course, wonderful Japanese voice acting. XDD

And thats all I can think of atm.  
TokyoPop Manga Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces