Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Weekly Show and/or Tell: May 15 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 4:02 pm
this just shows I'm the crafter of my family! xd
so when I got up today, I knew that my mom and her sister were going to go do somthing today, and my ant had left some fabric for my with a knote asking if I could make her some curtains for her offace. xd
first time making curtains, and I don't think they cmae out all well as they could, but there not bad.
well I'm off to go knit down town in a coffee shop.  
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 4:05 pm
Lee Kushrenada
like I said I have never used it, so I don't know.
but the hat look's great! I love how you have so manny picturs up for all your stuff. 3nodding

thanks. i like having the pictures since so much of what i end up doing is for other people smile  

firrantello

firrantello

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 4:06 pm
Lee Kushrenada
so when I got up today, I knew that my mom and her sister were going to go do somthing today, and my ant had left some fabric for my with a knote asking if I could make her some curtains for her offace. xd
first time making curtains, and I don't think they cmae out all well as they could, but there not bad.

whee! glad they turned out ok.
knit + coffee... sounds great.  
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 5:27 pm
firrantello
Lee Kushrenada

whee! glad they turned out ok.
knit + coffee... sounds great.

don't it...to bad it didn't happen! crying
they weren't there...and I didn't really feel like knitting by myself in the same coffee shop with a bunch of business men. sad well...there go's my fun for the day.  

Lee Kushrenada

Peppermint Elf

Moonlight Warrior

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 8:15 pm
Lee Kushrenada
I'll have to learn how cord... have you ever noteced that all the men's sweaters are all 'death by cording'? o.O what is up with that!
Perhaps its the women who make the patterns that think men want sweaters like that. Personally, I think this sweater is the kind of sweater a man would want. Not only is it simple and elegant, but very slimming. I like the rolled collar and the cuffed sleeves. If I were a guy... I'd make this one. xd

BTW.. great job on the sweater! I have a machine made sweater that has the loose cuffs. It's a bit of a pain because they drip in everything. Maybe one day I'll remove the sleeves and knit them up proper-like. xd

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 11:04 pm
Peppermint Elf
Lee Kushrenada
I'll have to learn how cord... have you ever noteced that all the men's sweaters are all 'death by cording'? o.O what is up with that!
Perhaps its the women who make the patterns that think men want sweaters like that. Personally, I think this sweater is the kind of sweater a man would want. Not only is it simple and elegant, but very slimming. I like the rolled collar and the cuffed sleeves. If I were a guy... I'd make this one. xd

BTW.. great job on the sweater! I have a machine made sweater that has the loose cuffs. It's a bit of a pain because they drip in everything. Maybe one day I'll remove the sleeves and knit them up proper-like. xd

oh yes I like that one too...was thinking about making it for myself too.
and the slimming could be a good thing. mrgreen
to bad that it might as well be summer over here and I can only wear my sweater at night, God how I hate the hot... I woould be much happer if it was just the fall and winter... I know that sounds crazzy but I'm really not big on the sun, and I really like my winter clothes.
maybe that would chage if I was slimmer and could take off my shirt every not and then, but I'm just not big on sun... the only thing I like about it is I can wear my flip-flops.

oh and thanks for the complement, I just love that I can share what I'm doing and people wont think I'm a nut for thinking that its cool that I just made my first sweater.  

Lee Kushrenada

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 9:14 pm
Sorry I didn't make it back to this thread until now. My daughter's dance recital was this weekend and we spent the whole week getting ready. I didn't get much time to work on my project either, I kept getting drafted to help out.
I think that one of my next projects will be to get pictures of what I've made up in a photo album somewhere so I can show off a bit.

Lee, congratulations on your first sweater! It's a very good first sweater. I still haven't attempted one yet, not even in crochet.

firrantello, that's a great hat even though it turned out a little big. I'm sure it will be appreciated.  
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 10:45 pm
ForestGreen
Sorry I didn't make it back to this thread until now. My daughter's dance recital was this weekend and we spent the whole week getting ready. I didn't get much time to work on my project either, I kept getting drafted to help out.
I think that one of my next projects will be to get pictures of what I've made up in a photo album somewhere so I can show off a bit.

ho what kind of dance is it?
I know what you mean about not having any time...I've been working like mad the past 3 days and am hoping to get payed soon so I can go out and buy what I need to make...well any thing.  

Lee Kushrenada

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 11:28 am
The studio where she takes classes teaches almost everything from ballet to hip hop. They've got a musical theater class too, and they've just started offering instrument lessons. My daughter takes a hip hop/jazz class, she had been taking ballet too but dropped it in January. She's got friends who take ballet, jazz, and tap classes as well as the musical theater class.
For the recitals they tell a story with acting and dance, this year it was Aladin. Each class has their own dance that gets blended into the story and the theater class has spoken word interludes to tie everything together.
On a craft note, I'm completely finished with 3 pieces of the wedding gift. And I've almost got the aplique sewn onto the 4th piece. I still have to sew an aplique onto the second oven mitt and decide aplique placement for the dish towels so I know how many more skulls to make.  
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 1:24 pm
that's really cool. I have gone swing dancing a couple of times and I would love to put dancing into my life some day.
I have a friend that dose hip hop, and she has startted her own group of people that she teaches and they have preformances every now and then, there really good.

well I'm going to get payed soon so I can go and buy more yarn and what not.
is there any thing that I should make? like one of those 'every knitter should make one of these' kind of things?  

Lee Kushrenada

Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces