Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild
General Facts Not Disclosed in the Books - Done! - Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think?
  Wow! I never knew that!!!!!
  Some crazy stuff
  Sweat!
  What are you talking about? ( me: why did you come here???? >.> )
View Results

ofbittersweetmemories

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 6:41 pm
heck ya, go mugglenet.com  
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 3:12 pm
Dragons can't be domesticated, no matter what Hagrid thinks.

[ Liquid Fantasy ]

[ Liquid Fantasy ]

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 3:38 pm
There is more to the cats in the story (Crookshanks, Mrs. Figg's cats, Mrs. Norris, etc.) than meets the eye.  
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 3:39 pm
The animal an Animagus turns into is a reflection on his/her personality.

[ Liquid Fantasy ]

ofbittersweetmemories

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 12:09 am
[ Liquid Fantasy ]
There is more to the cats in the story (Crookshanks, Mrs. Figg's cats, Mrs. Norris, etc.) than meets the eye.

Do you have a theory on the matter? I always thought that Crookshanks is an animagus or there is more to that one Cat, but I'm not soo sure.  
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 12:54 pm
ladyrampage
[ Liquid Fantasy ]

Do you have a theory on the matter? I always thought that Crookshanks is an animagus or there is more to that one Cat, but I'm not soo sure.

Well, I'm not really sure, since it's not really my theory. But I agree with you on Crookshanks.

[ Liquid Fantasy ]

skittypunk

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 7:34 pm
[ Liquid Fantasy ]
ladyrampage
[ Liquid Fantasy ]

Well, I'm not really sure, since it's not really my theory. But I agree with you on Crookshanks.

Crookshanks is smarter than you'd think he ought to be, because j.k. typed him after a cat she knew when she was younger. (jkrowling.com)  
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 9:43 pm
[ Liquid Fantasy ]
There are about a thousand students at Hogwarts. (True, that doesn't seem right, but J.K. said so, and she's the boss.)

True, she IS most definitely the boss. Unfortunately, as she herself admits, she's lousy at math. Any numbers and calculations she uses are questionable at best. (In fact, at about 10 people/house/year, there are just under 300 students at Hogwarts. 10 students * 4 houses * 7 years = 280 students at Hogwarts.)  

humantales

humantales

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 9:46 pm
And thank you, Liquid Fantasy, for putting the collection of facts up here. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 11:00 am
I learned these facts from JK's site. One of the most interesting was learning Ron and Hermione's middle names. Hermione's is Jane, and Ron's is Bilius (the same Bilius who died after he saw a Grim eek ). I also got to learn Remus's middle name is John, which I thought was very cool.

The reason Molly is so afraid of Voldemort is because some of her relatives (her brothers I believe) were killed by Voldemort,  

FayeKasumiValentine1

skittypunk

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 4:27 pm
yea, it was a brother named gideon prewett (pretty sure). she's especially fearful because not only was her brother killed, her husband regulates muggle artifacts.  
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 11:32 am
Awe, thanks for getting even more interesting facts!!!

I'll post some more.

[ Liquid Fantasy ]

[ Liquid Fantasy ]

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 11:35 am
For Hagrid, keeping dangerous creatures is all about overcoming something that could kill him.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 11:37 am
Azkaban is in a sea north of the North Sea. A very cold sea.  

[ Liquid Fantasy ]

[ Liquid Fantasy ]

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 11:37 am
You can do unfocused and uncontrolled magic without a wand (like when Harry blows up Aunt Marge), but to do really good spells, you need a wand.

The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff