Welcome to Gaia! ::

The KoS Guild: The AMv capitol of the universe!

Back to Guilds

Reply The AMV Guild
Introductions Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nalaness

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 3:00 pm
Rammu! ^_^

Name: Kirsty or just Nala
Likes: Anime, shopping, eating, sleeping, computer stuff..GAIA!
Dislikes: waiting in line..gah!

history with AMV? I download them xd I don't know how to make them and personnally i don't think i have the patience.
Music vids i got: DBZ, Lain, Naruto,NOIR

Story: I usually just go into one of the shops and randomly pick an anime from the shelf and see if i like it, but i decided a new method! I would search for AMV's and if the vids were good then i would consider watching that anime...and it's worked for me! I got a Naruto vid with the song "Somewhere I belong" with Zabusa and Haku..it's soo sad..i liked it so much i borrowed 80 episodes of naruto off my friend!

PM me if you wish to know more, or even if you would like me to see your work, i know i'm not a creator but i enjoy watching them ^_^  
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 3:06 pm
Nalaness

How can you be 17 and go to college? Doesn't the UK have High Schoool through 18 or is that just the US?  

SC Seung Mina

TommyRude

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 12:35 am
'Ey, I started college at 16. It can happen. razz  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 6:07 am
TommyRude
'Ey, I started college at 16. It can happen. razz

Well technically I started when I was 15 because of my advanced Math class but I don't count that as actually going to a university. I still tell people I am a High school student.  

SC Seung Mina

FallenMarvel

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 8:37 am
Name: Kyle (kajin_phoenixlord)

Occupation: Just graduated form college with Associate's after 17 1/2 months in Graphic Design. Now until a find a career starting job I just download and create AMVs at home. The greatest hobby I have besides playing video games.

Favorite Anime: Mostly action and comedy anime like Fatal Fury, Street Fighter, Rurouni Kenshin, FLCL, Full Metal Alchemist, etc.

Favorite Music: Alternative Rock, New Age, Rap, Sometimes J-Pop, and VGM (Video Game Music). mrgreen

Extra Info: Since I am an AMV maker I am willing to let anyone who wants to see my work, get them. All you have to do is ask. I'm a nice guy like that. Just be sure to let me know what you think of them after you see them.  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 3:39 pm
To quote one character, I hope you have some talent to match your enormous pretention. razz  

TommyRude

diverguy

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 8:21 pm
jim
student
watch some vids, ideas, plan to make one.
general anime fan, going to my first convention in end of june...  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:51 pm
Name: John
Occupation: Transitioning from University student to graduate school student.
Favourite Anime(s): Hellsing, Full Metal Panic, Tokyo Underground, Bleach, Tsukuyomi Moon Phase, and many others
Favourite Music: (Power) Metal, but I also loves me lots of others
Favourite type of AMV: Well done paradies, Trailers, Summaries, Character profiles (pretty much any type if done well)

I haven't made any videos yet, but I think this summer sounds like a good time to start. You'll be seeing a whole lot of me.  

Balcerzak

bokugakowaii

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:22 am
Name: Rokuro
Favourite Anime(s): Hagaren no Renkinjutsuji, Chrno Crusade, Pita-Ten, Inuyasha
Favourite Music: (Power) Metal
Favourite type of AMV: Well done parodies, Upbeaten videos, Trailers, Summaries, Character profiles (pretty much any type if done well)  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:20 pm
Copied from the .org.

# User Name: SQ
# Member Since: Friday, November 8, 2002, 8:11 PM
# Studio: ANIMETRIC PRODUCTIONS
# Location: GA, USA
# Homepage: http://animetricproductions.tk [not current]
# Email: animetricproductions@gmail.com
# Forum Info: Profile Posts (2641)
# Usefulness: 319.1 with 67 opinions
[average 128.9 of 136972 opinions; standard deviation 1009.4 ]
# Profile:

Wow. Two years of making AMVs already! Time flies by. So far I've entered more than 50 videos into the catalog.

Not that I can say any of them are good, in fact, the only ones I can sit back and watch and not shake my head and say "What the hell was I thinking?" are the only ones that are currently downloadable. Well, aside from local-hosted videos I can't delete. (Note to self: stop abusing the donut! XP)

So, remember that. It's not how many videos you make, it's how well they turn out.
I can honestly tell you that I spent a lot of effort on each and every one of them, and in my videos' cases, it was usually too much effort, leading into headache. Which leads to bad editing.
It's a proven fact that you do better when you have fun. If you hate the video while you're working on it, it will most likely suck in the end. It can also go the other way. If you love your anime too much, you may not want to cut it up, and then you have a bad video with scenes going on for too long.

I have to say I've been a victim to that one too many times.

I first started editing after I saw Meri's old AMVs. But back then, I didn't have the computer nor the knowledge to make my own videos. So I did the next-best thing. I got a downloadable software named RealSlideShow(no longer available).

As I progressed through my slideshow making, I got to know the software inside and out, knew it's limits and did what I could with it for about a year, until I got one of the best presents of my life.
My brother gave me Dazzle, Adobe Premiere 6.0, Photoshop, and Windows Movie Maker for Christmas.

Unfortunetly, I had no DVD-Rom, yet a plathora of anime DVDs. So I compromised by recording my TV while the DVDs were playing with a camcorder. When I fed it into the computer, Premiere wouldn't read the files, so I was stuck using WMM for awhile unless I used downloaded footage, which only happened twice.

Well, time passed by, and I was really getting into editing. It was fun and I loved doing it. By the time I made my second video and started taking Video Productions in High school, I found this site. I had seen a few of AtomX's AMVs from Kazaa. I loved FFIX, and I was awed by what scenes he was using. He kept repeating scenes, and I was tired of it, convinced I could make a better video then he could.

Well, I failed miserably with my third video, but I guess it was the idea that counted. "A Part of FFIX" had been my first AMV using Premiere, since I had downloaded the footage. After it was created, I found myself more and more interested in the program and began using it more often.
But I ran into a problem- my computer didn't have enough power to handle it, causing most of my efforts to make videos blow up in my face when the computer crashed randomly.

Well, Christmas came around again, and I was appauled with the incredible gift of a custom computer with a DVD-Rom, CD Burner, much more RAM, and hard drive space.

Windows XP Professional was added to the computer, as well as all the afore mentioned programs from my last computer. After that, my anime collection went into over-drive, and so did my creativity. I made an onslaught of AMVs, none of which I'm very proud of, but the point was I had fun doing this, and it was much more then a hobby to me. It was an obsession.

Fortunetly for me, a few great videos came out from the crowd I created, one of my most memorable being "The Twin Star". However, I can honestly say I am shitty with compression, so most of my AMVs are crappy looking.

Now, I am really looking to edit good things, instead of crappy noob-looking videos. I'd like to have a carreer in editing, and I have to be a decent editor to get there. I've got the passion, I've got the experience and embarassment. Now all I need the talent and degree...

---

I'm 17, almost 18 (october 5th), and am graduating highschool in December, woo.
Dunno what I'm going to do after that.  

[Q]

Elder

Wensday1986

1,400 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:03 pm
Name: Wendy
Occupation: Umm... nothing yet... still looking for work. sweatdrop
Favourite Anime(s): To many to list xd
Favourite Music: Pretty much anything I think's decent...
Favourite type of AMV: Ummm... I'm a Yaoi/ slash/ yuri (boyxboy girlxgirl) fan, so mostly like those type of AMVs, and anything else that tickles my fancy. ^^ especially if it's cute and/or funny.

Umm... oh what to say... I mainly joined this because I wanted more opinions on my AMVs I've made... I'll make a new thread asking you guys about what you think of them... I guess that's about it. ^^  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 4:38 pm
Name: Melyssa
Fav. Anime: To many to list
Fav. Music: Everything except Country
Fav. type of AMV: Oh I like anything as long as it doesn't have GORE to the extreme

Reason: The reason for joining was because I make music videos myself...if you want to look em p my username is Meru-Meru. Actually me and my friend have a joint account which is all good since I learned how to upload videos on it not so long ago. But if you watch my videos plz leave opinions to make em even better thank you! 3nodding  

Izumi-chii

o_o_kitten_o_o

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:32 pm
Hey guys sorry i havnt posted!!

name: Reiome
Fav anime to AMV with: Inuyasha, fruits baskets
Fav music to AMV with: fast happy songs/sad romantic songz!

-x-  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:24 pm
Name: In AMV Circles, I am The Mysterious Passerby
Occupation: One of the most hated men in America, a Telesurvey guy! Oh, and a College Student...
Favourite Anime(s): DBZ, Hellsing, Tenchi, And some others...
Favourite Music: Anything, except I'm not a rap fan...
Favourite type of AMV: A Good one. But good is relative... confused

Search Passerby on AMV.org and you will find one of my vids! Granted, it's only a 3-star average rating, but with my limited resources I'm proud to get a 3-star from probably the toughest group of AMV critis in existence.  

Jared Cervantes

Norran Dupree
Vice Captain

Anxious Entrepreneur

4,200 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:27 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
The AMV Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]