Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Pain In the a** things about being a GOTH..... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Black Ayesha

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 3:36 pm
Eye make up xd

Black eyeliner first - I use the liquid variety. Too much, and it dribbles down my face. I don't like the smudged look, so this is a problem. Too little, and you're having to reload the brush, and instead of that nice sweeeep across the eyelid, you have to do it bit by bit, and it just doesn't look the same.... then you have to look down until it dries, else it smudges itself under your eyebrows...

Mascara - Sticks to the eyeliner if you're not careful, clumps it all together, and again with the problem of waiting for it to dry...

Black eyeshadow - great stuff. Just don't let any of the powder get ANYWHERE on your face except where you want it, else you're going to have to scrub to get it off, which messes up your pale complexion, which means touching up the foundation/ concealer, which doesn't always work...

But I love it anyways ^_^  
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 5:01 pm
Black Ayesha
Eye make up xd

Black eyeliner first - I use the liquid variety. Too much, and it dribbles down my face. I don't like the smudged look, so this is a problem. Too little, and you're having to reload the brush, and instead of that nice sweeeep across the eyelid, you have to do it bit by bit, and it just doesn't look the same.... then you have to look down until it dries, else it smudges itself under your eyebrows...

Mascara - Sticks to the eyeliner if you're not careful, clumps it all together, and again with the problem of waiting for it to dry...

Black eyeshadow - great stuff. Just don't let any of the powder get ANYWHERE on your face except where you want it, else you're going to have to scrub to get it off, which messes up your pale complexion, which means touching up the foundation/ concealer, which doesn't always work...

But I love it anyways ^_^

I use pencil liner myself, but it's a pain in the a** if you want to make a special effect, like three lines extending from the normal liner, or lines at the corner of your eyes or something.  

lola_siannodel

Soriana Leo

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 8:49 pm
The things that annoy me the most are as follows:

1) Being told I can't get a regular job because of my make-up and clothes
2) Close-minded people who wont take the time to get and know me better
3) People telling me "Your going to hell!"
4) Being shunned by a good amount of society that is Christian/Cahtolic orthadoxed.
5) A guy I know who works at a pizza place saying "Your gift was given to you by the devil." ( that was rich, so very rich *rolls eyes*)
6) Hot Topic and its new line of color clothing ( I'm all for black, dark green, dark purples, esct, but when you start bringing in any type of pink then no thanks.)
7) The stares, my God the stares, it feels as if someone is staring a hole into my head every five seconds/ the widdening of the eyes when I look a stranger in the face while scowling at them for staring at me so damned long.
8 - People trying to take a look at my wrists to see if I cut myself...sterotype bullshit in general..
9) Not having many friends anymore b/c they don't like how I dress
10) Being called a poser because I don't always listen to Sisters of Mercy, I like to multi-cultural with my music and will listen to German, and Japanese songs. So sue me...
11) A friend telling me "Anime isn't for goths.." Yeah, got rid of her her quickly.
12) Think I'm a Pagan/Wiccan and there for I must have a evil black cat to do my bidding. lol rofl

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 9:51 pm
I agree with so many of these, I'm getting pissed just reading them.  

SMiNKLe

DieiNoctis

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 12:41 am
I'm going to go on a small rant here for a minute.

There have been quite a few of these like "not being accepted." "people looking/staring at me" "People thinking I'm a freak." Etcetera.

Well, here's what I have to say ; Big ******** Deal.

When you put on chains and spikes, you don't do it thinking "Hey, maybe I'll blend in." and while you may not do it to deliberatly attract attention, if you're not a complete dolt you know that it will.

If it were reall all that important to be accepted by everyone, or to be treated normally by strangers, or to be overlooked like ever other Joe and Jane on the street, you'd dress normall, and act normally.

Let's face it, we love the attention, we love the stares. Becuase even though we may say we hate it, we still put the chains on, and we still blacken our eyes and pale our faces. We like the stares because they give us that aknowledgment that "Yes, you are different." The stares tell us that our method of self-expression has been noticed.

If you really hated all that much, you'd stop wearing overtly "goth" clothing. And if you're not going to stop wearing the spikes and chains and pure black, at least stop bitching about the stares.

I wear pure black. I wear chains. I wear spikes. And I certianly a** hell get stared at. And I love every moment of criticism and rebuke because I know the gear's done it's job, it's gotten my method of being myself noticed. If I wanted to blend in, I'd go shop at Abercrombies or American Eagle. And let's face it, so would you.  
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 2:23 am
DieiNoctis

There have been quite a few of these like "not being accepted." "people looking/staring at me" "People thinking I'm a freak." Etcetera.

When you put on chains and spikes, you don't do it thinking "Hey, maybe I'll blend in." and while you may not do it to deliberatly attract attention, if you're not a complete dolt you know that it will.

If it were reall all that important to be accepted by everyone, or to be treated normally by strangers, or to be overlooked like ever other Joe and Jane on the street, you'd dress normall, and act normally.

Let's face it, we love the attention, we love the stares. Becuase even though we may say we hate it, we still put the chains on, and we still blacken our eyes and pale our faces. We like the stares because they give us that aknowledgment that "Yes, you are different." The stares tell us that our method of self-expression has been noticed.

If you really hated all that much, you'd stop wearing overtly "goth" clothing. And if you're not going to stop wearing the spikes and chains and pure black, at least stop bitching about the stares.

I wear pure black. I wear chains. I wear spikes. And I certianly a** hell get stared at. And I love every moment of criticism and rebuke because I know the gear's done it's job, it's gotten my method of being myself noticed. If I wanted to blend in, I'd go shop at Abercrombies or American Eagle. And let's face it, so would you.

Hell yeah xd  

Black Ayesha

Choboxer

5,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 4:25 pm
DieiNoctis

evil you stole my rant!
I was thinkig the same thing when i was reading theses.

GASP! SOME b***h JUST GAVE ME A DIRTY LOOK!
well you do happen to have a 16 inch mohawk, a rail way spike through your ear and largely abnormal clothing. Gosh i wonder whatever for?
I KNOW RIGHT, WHATTA b***h.. HATEIN ON ME FOR BEING DIFFRENT!  
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 4:28 pm
lola_siannodel
miturn
3. hot topic going preppy

Thank you!

I am so sick of going on the online shop, and seeing all that light pink crap. And yet, the Ghetto kids still think it's a store for kids who want to kill themselves....

I rather like this new light pink and iron grey combo.
Reminds me of Edgar Gorey.

But i do agree, Hot Topic has been lamer then before with the shitty brightness and cheer of the clothing  

Choboxer

5,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

William Mondry

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 7:35 pm
chainz_the_crazy_clown
This is a list of things that are a pain in the a**...

1. Everyone thinking you worship satin.
2. The price of Tripp clothing...
3. The price of gothic things in general
4. KEEPING YOUR GOD DAMN BLACK CLOTHS BLACK
5. The weird numb arm felling you get when you put ALL 11 armbands back on your right arm, damn blood circulation....
6. The damn stereotypes
7. Your parents bitching at you, and trying to change how you look so it makes them look good...
8. The time it takes to GET ALL OF THOUGHTS CHAINS ON AND OFF, DAMN,
9. People stepping on your pants
10.The anti- depressant every wants to give us.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+

Post your thoughts what are the biggist pains in the a** you see.... I just thought this would be funny....
Good God... I hear you loud and clear... My guardians don't like it, but they accept it. Peers are a different story. Calling me a girl or a f** because I wear eye-liner... lol... ignorant wannabes.... stare  
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 7:38 pm
Nyed
lola_siannodel
miturn

Thank you!

I am so sick of going on the online shop, and seeing all that light pink crap. And yet, the Ghetto kids still think it's a store for kids who want to kill themselves....

I rather like this new light pink and iron grey combo.
Reminds me of Edgar Gorey.

But i do agree, Hot Topic has been lamer then before with the shitty brightness and cheer of the clothing
Amen...  

William Mondry

YuukiRendar

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 12:21 am
I actually enjoy it. I come from germany,but am living here on this island in the Phillipines. Im the only Goth in the whole City and its a LOT of fun.
People actualy make a sign of the cross when i walk by...hahahaha!
Mothers wont let their Kids go near me, and i have been refused entrance
into a restaurant.

The bad thing is,most people dont even know what a Goth is! The highest level of self exprecion they have here is Emo-Punk. Tsk... well,i try my best to educate and spread the Goth Spirit,but its hard.

its a pain in the a** to get new clothes here. i have to mail order them from germany then fly to the Capital (1hour) get my stuff from a relative then go back.Its damn a** expensive so i buy new clothes once every 4 months.  
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 7:14 am
yea that is very annoying  

dayafterdeath66

ringwraith10

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 4:54 pm
+L0v33ss+
1) The people that walk up and touch you and/or harass you on some dare. Then after you ignore they're lame advances of "hey you. Goth girl." they run back to their friends like they've completed some major feat. "Holy crap, I annoyed a goth and I wasn't killed by a demon she summoned! I'm invincible!"

This is my biggest thing. People seem to think that because you dress differently, that you can treat them like less of a person.
That one is pretty funny. xp Man, I have so much fun with the people who do that, though... my friends and I convinced these guys that we were going to put a curse on them when they were asking us out on dares from each other.  
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 6:03 pm
miturn
Yeah I turned to typing up "Gothic clothing" on google and saving sites I liked, they maybe hella expensive, but I guarantee no one has the same top for miles around...and it's all black and gray baby....^^~ Can't go wrong with the unheard of clothing stores. mrgreen  

Laharl Part Deux

Forever_the_child

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 6:55 pm
Heh i heart your list i can relate to # 1, 3, & 7  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items