Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Is it true about Mew Mew? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mew Mew=Sailor Moon?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Tenko72

Benevolent Genius

13,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:13 pm
Tokyo Mew Mew and Sailor Moon are not one and the same. One can not replace the other. No one ripped off of anyone. They are both good in their own ways.

Now that I have that out of my system, I just want to say that I am big Sailor Moon and Tokyo Mew Mew fan. I love them both! I don't want to say I like one more than the other, but if I was forced to choose between them, I might go with Tokyo Mew Mew, because, right now, the sci-fi elements really appeal to me. Still, having to choose between sci-fi and fantasy are tough. I get in moods. I love them both!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:16 am
That's obserd..

heh my husband loves mew Mew power...every sat he is always like "Is Mew Mew on?" and I have to keep telling him that they took it off.. then he goes "mew mew power in ur face.." he is such a dork..  

ElaborateDream

sakurag7227

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:17 am
Mew Mew Power isnt exactly the new Sailor Moon, but the resemblences are scary. I've read the Tokyo Mew Mew series and its pretty much Sailor Moon, with very few differences. I think the little kids might like it more than Sailor Moon, just because these s turn into animals (and the fact that they'll probably never see Sailor Moon on TV crying ). But Sailor Moon is definatly better. Just look at how many more Sailor Moon products there are! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:11 am
Mew Mew? WTF is that?  

tsuyayaka1

Tenko72

Benevolent Genius

13,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:02 pm
tsuyayaka1
Mew Mew? WTF is that?

It's a magical girl sentai anime kind of like Sailor Moon. It's about five normal Japanese girls who are fused with endagered species who now are charged with the responsibility of having to save the world from aliens that got pissed off at humans polluting the environment who are now trying to speed up the process, so that they can have the planet all to themselves. I don't know how people think this is a ripoff. The story sounds nothing like Sailor Moon.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:54 pm
Tsukiusada
tokyo mew mew is another magical girls anime, so it has something similarities, but sm has a good story and cool characters and i like tmm but is different and sm for me is already the best cool

I like Tokyo Mew Mew and Sailor Moon, SM more because it's the original, and you cant get better than that =^^=

But TMM isn't so bad...  

Heavenly_Frozen

Vivi~chan64

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:50 pm
I read the manga so I have to say that TMM isn't that bad but when I saw the Anime I literally barfed. Stupid 4kids TV messed it up sooo bad that It will never compare to Sailor Moon. Plus Sailor Moon better because they made a whole lot more seasons of it, TMM they tried to have a second but it didn't work so they finished it quickly  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:46 pm
Sailorhirahmoon
I don't think so, and i love both shows. You will find similar qualities in any magic girls show, crazy battle costumes, transormations. It is like a formula and all the parts are filled in. To say it is the new sailor moon is a lie. It is more like a new magic girl show that is currently popular, but one day another magic girl show will be popular. I say the new thing after mew mew will be Pretty cure.
thank you! i mean tokyo mew mew is the new magic girl thing but it can never replace. face it sailor moon is off the air what else are we going to watch. i totaly agree with you!  

MissCatastrophee

Tipsy Bloodsucker

StarGirl~7000

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:19 am
i think tokyo mew characters are cuter but sailor moon is more interesting  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:24 am
What is the background for why they turn into animals? Are they like princesses from another world? I havent done any research on it...just seen it on FOX when it came on. x.x

*resents the fact they dubbed them as being in New York...or something like that..*  

ElaborateDream

Solar Kitty-chan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:58 pm
It was more... they were in the wrong place at the right time, really. It was more a freak accident.

The manga is definitely a better read than the dubbed anime. Tokyopop did a good job on the manga, in my opinion.

And yes, tehre are similarities because, truth be told, ALL shoujo/magical girl anime/manga follow the same basic elements...  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:32 pm
well, to start off, i hate mew mew power! they just ******** up the whole tokyo mew mew story line! sheesh! ok, now that's said, i just wanna say that tmm and sm r similar in some ways. like ichigo (zoe) and bunny (serena) both has pigtails, both r the strongest of the team, and sum other things that i don't wanna list. and there's sum plot lines that are similar... o! in this one manga (forgot which one though...) had this add for tmm and it said "if u enjoy sm, then u'll like tmm" or sumthin like that... so, i think that's where sum ppl get that idea... but tmm is so much unpopular than sm... so, don't think tmm's the new sm.  

Lay-San

Fallopian Funride

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:14 am
What!? How can you say that Mew Mew Power is not a ripoff of Sailor Moon?
I've done some comparisons.

There are five female characters, and their personalities are all-too-similar to those of Sailor Moon.

The main character in Mew Mew Power is ditzy, enthusiastic, and has a terrible dub voice. Her 'colour' is pink. She has pigtails, but no dumplings. She has the same good traits as Usagi, but doesn't seem to have any of the bad traits, which means she becomes a 'perfect' character.

The next character is similar to Rei. She has dumplings, but no pigtails. She is serious and refined, which is similar to Rei. This character is the most original in the Series, and I give kudos to that. But she still screams out 'Rei'. Her colour isn't the same.

The third character wears glasses and is very smart. She holds the team together and is the voice of intelligent reasoning, plus she's shy. She's pretty much exactly like Ami, except wth a green makeover. She's represented by insects and water.

The fourth character is basically a younger version of Minako. She's crazy, athletic, funny, and not exceedingly bright. She's a monkey, and has the colour yellow.

The final character is a wolf and her colour is purple. She's serious and tall. Because all tall characters are serious, and vice-versa. She doesn't smile much outside of scenes where it's almost entirely inappropriate. She's the strongest and is sort of... 'Standing by myself'. She's very much like Makoto.

The enemies are just a mix of the Aliens from the R Movie + the fairies from the SuperS Movie.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. + User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
=
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

They have the blond Alien that helps them out, and he seems to be somewhat original. Kudos to him for breaking the mould. They also have the blond guy that works at the cafe, and he also seems somewhat original. More kudos.

The main character's boyfriend is a younger, tanner, more romantic version of Mamoru, but with none of Mamoru's faults. This makes him sickly-sweet. gonk

But wait! I saved the best for last! This is a picture of the item the main character uses to attack, the 'Strawberry Bell' (bad quality, I apologise) --

Now, here is an image of what Sailor Chibi Moon uses in SuperS, the Crystal Carillon --

I ask you.
Similar, much?

The rest of the attacks seem to be pretty original, which is good. But this just blew my mind. How can they not see this as almost identical? o__o;

I'm hoping that the Manga is much better than this Version... It just seems to me to be an Animal version of Sailor Moon. =/ And a bad one, at that.

This is going to be a little biased, of course, since I prefer Sailor Moon, but it's just information.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:04 pm
Never seen it but I do hear people compare it to Sailor Moon . . . why is that?  

MistressBriseis

With the current

6,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:11 pm
GUH!!! I hate it when people compare tokyo mew,mew, to Sailormoon...pisses me off Sailormoon is wayyyyyyy better they can shove that mew,mew crap up their butts...*shakes fist*  
Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff