View Results

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 1:38 am
I think this is a delicate post that makes people want to flame...

For instance, I like classical, rock, pop, hip hop, metal, classical guitar, J-pop, J-rock, folk, industrial, blues, jazz and alternative. Never heard any bands that fit the goth style of music. And I still say I'm a goth. A proud one!
I really don't think it's a purely music thing.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 2:07 am
There is more to Gothdom then Music. Yes,its a very integral part of being Goth,but you can be one without likeing the music. You can be into the other aspects of Goth, Art, Literature or Fashion. Just like you can be Emo without the Music.... you just gotta complain a lot...  

YuukiRendar

pain is the power

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 8:24 am
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 8:42 am
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageThe Forgotten...

Well, I'm not exactly sure... I wasn't drawn into music until recently. First, it was Disturbed and then it was MCR. Later, started to get drawn in by Dreadful Shadows and more goth bands. But before that, everyone used to ask me if I was goth (or emo). I think it's just the matter of being yourself. No, I don't think that you have to like the music to be goth.

...are the Forbidden.User ImageUser ImageUser Image

[[Hostile_Darkness]]

cwthewolf

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 6:12 pm
Quote:
This is just something that occurred to me the other day and i thought would make a good discussion, but i didn't know where to post it then, now i do! icon_whee.gif
Music seems such a big part of being Gothic or dark, or a Gloom Cookie, or spooky or however you lot describe yourselves; whether it be the originals : The Cure, The Banshees, the Damned, Theatre Of Hate, Sisters Of Mercy etc or the Finnish bands that hark back those day like HIM, The Eyes, Charon or even the mainstream acts MCR, Evenescence etc.
So is it possible to just love the literature, style, and dark nature of being a goth without any interest in the music?

Well if being Gothic is strictly about listening to that type of music, I'm in the wrong guild.  
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:43 pm
YuukiRendar
There is more to Gothdom then Music. Yes,its a very integral part of being Goth,but you can be one without likeing the music. You can be into the other aspects of Goth, Art, Literature or Fashion. Just like you can be Emo without the Music.... you just gotta complain a lot...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Exactally what I was going to say.
XD
I rarely listen to music at all (when I do, it's classic rock, foriegn pop/rock, soundtracks or just random crap XD), yet I love other aspects of what are considered "goth", so you could consider me one of those persons that are sort of mapped out in the first post.

BabyEaterLad

[[ neon.bonbon ]]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:38 pm
Emperor Lothar
Depens on who you ask but id say no. Cant be a goth without listening to goth music just like you cant be a metalhead without listening to metal.

But on the other hand, being a metalhead is pretty much all about the music, while being a goth is more than that. So I say, yes.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:01 pm
Personally, I don't see a person as being a person without a love for music. Even in the actual gothic times, they had some type of music. There weren't Band gowns or anything, but you get the idea! xd  

Dracula Vampirate

Rosmarin

Virtuous Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:31 pm
yes, it is possible. the subculture of 'goth' is based around inteligence, art, pain, and beauty. though music is a type of art (it really technicly is) as long as that person still indulges in other art forms as well as the darker beauty of the world, they would still be gothic....  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:36 pm
I see no reason why one couldnt be goth and not be intrested in the music.
My personal view is as long as you have a goths mentality and attitude for the most part thats all that really matters.  

Al-aaraaf

mee_shee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:05 pm
Yes, music is only one type of art that you can listen too.

Any type of art will do fine. Just find out what you like best and get into that some more.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff