Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Online literacy quiz. Are you up to the challenge? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

IamSTRANGE

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:09 pm
Sadly I almost didn't get 10/10 I've not learned what a preposition is yet, but I just kinda guessed so I got 10/10 I've got amazing luck that way.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:52 pm
10/10 and proud. Easy questions, obvious answers. I love English, mostly because the rest of my school hates it. People are always saying things like : "Well what does it matter if we speak english or not? It's old stuff." I mean just today I made fun of my friend (Who is male, and more of an acquaintance anymore.) because he said this, word for word: "Me and my boy, we went out to play some football, and yo, the field was like 10 by 20 feet. I mean we were plowing these guys." I merely widened my eyes and let his sick mind fill in the blanks of what I was thinking. He seems to think that in a few years his sort of slang will become official language additions. Now I'm not sure about all of you, but I would much rather get arrested than call someone "My Boy." Doing so makes me sound homosexual. (And before anone comments, I am not a homophobe, I just do not like to perpetuate lies.)  

Ghurdrich

Koudoyo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:04 am
10/10... it was pretty easy. That one with the enough, tough, and rough, kind of confused me, haha, but I still got it.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:05 pm
10/10... yeah, that was pretty easy. But I'm pleased with myself now biggrin  

PsychoDagger

Sola Catella

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:38 pm
Ghurdrich
Doing so makes me sound homosexual. (And before anone comments, I am not a homophobe, I just do not like to perpetuate lies.)

Sorry, I'm not quite sure what you are trying to say. Are you saying that homosexuality is a lie? Considering that it's been observed in animals from horses to wolves to sheep and the studies saying that roughly ten percent of the population is gay, I don't quite see your logic.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:49 pm
Sola Catella
Ghurdrich
Doing so makes me sound homosexual. (And before anone comments, I am not a homophobe, I just do not like to perpetuate lies.)

Sorry, I'm not quite sure what you are trying to say. Are you saying that homosexuality is a lie? Considering that it's been observed in animals from horses to wolves to sheep and the studies saying that roughly ten percent of the population is gay, I don't quite see your logic.

It's interesting how things can be taken differently. To me, it seems like that he is trying to say that he does not want people to think that he is homosexual because he isn't, therefore making people think that he is homosexual would be perpetuating a lie.  

The MoUsY spell-checker

DarkElf27

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:36 pm
Sola Catella
Ghurdrich

Sorry, I'm not quite sure what you are trying to say. Are you saying that homosexuality is a lie? Considering that it's been observed in animals from horses to wolves to sheep...
Mostly, if not only as a sign of dominance.

This is far off topic.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:47 pm
10/10 as well. It was pretty easy.  

Kailta

Keakealani

Intellectual Elocutionist

12,850 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Timid 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:00 am
Wow. That's, like, elementary school grammar rules....really, if you don't know the parts of speech and the major tenses, you have no business calling yourself an English speaker, in my opinion. gonk I was thinking the tense question was going to be difficult, including crap like past-perfect tense which I don't really understand completely sweatdrop

~edit~
Oh yeah, and I got a 10/10 too....

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:50 am
10/10, though it was fairly easy.  

Moppeh

Keakealani

Intellectual Elocutionist

12,850 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Timid 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:00 am
IamSTRANGE
Sadly I almost didn't get 10/10 I've not learned what a preposition is yet, but I just kinda guessed so I got 10/10 I've got amazing luck that way.
That one you could have played odd-man-out for the most part, but roughly, a preposition is "where" of the sentence, things like "in", "over", "behind", and "towards" are all examples of prepositions, in most contexts. To build on that, there are prepositional phrases, which is such things like "over the fence" or "inside my mother's bedroom". At least, that's my understanding of it.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:47 am
i got 8/10.... i got the "Which is the odd one out? and Which of these words is the odd one out?" wrong. I never learned that or I just didn't get the question.  

Klandy

crazymugglegirl

Chatty Shopper

11,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tipsy 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:04 pm
I got a 9/10. sweatdrop Still, I feel a lot better about myself now. Hehehe. I thought I got a 7/10. whee  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:07 pm
I got a 10/10.. That makes me happy.. One of my high school teachers put my class through grammar hell (junior year of high school. If you don't know it by then than that is pretty sad. Unless english is not the primary language of the person). The way she did it almost half the class nearly failed that part of the semester. I was even hard pressed to get a decent grade, and I'm pretty good with grammar.  

Cassandra-neko

TheMugger

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:33 am
I'll be completely honest. I got a 9/10. I got hung up on the "Through, rough, tough, enough" question. I didn't really understand how they wanted me to group it. :p  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff