11%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 135

Forever_the_child

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:44 pm
mortsanglant
Emo does not equal cutter.

And cutter does not equal emo.

rolleyes

Thank You! for one not all depressed people cut And sometimes all happy people are not okay..but as for me yes i have had a history of cutting and i am called emo frequently*sigh*
And i am now wondering what exactly makes you an "emo"?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:59 pm
XGambit
In the blokes defense he said emo AND a cutter too. showing that there is a differentiation. Im ridiculously emo but not emo in fashion or music just i get uberly emotional at times for the smallest things. I cut once didnt even draw blood because I knew it wouldnt do s**t.

That was a revision of the origional title that was emo(cutter)
((Which is why a lot of people took it to imply that they were in fact synonomous instead of seperate thought lines that occasionally intertwine)).

Personally I have to admit to not being overly familiar with the emo subculture/music movement, and thus do not have too much in the way of relevent information to share.

As for cutting, there is a thread in the extended discussion sub forum on cutting. I would suggest that people visit it if they want to learn more about other people's stories, and what some of them have done to stop. A small reminder that cutting can be a very delicate topic for some people, so please, please, PLEASE remember to be considerate about one another's feelings in regard to that particular matter.  

lurichan
Vice Captain

YuukiRendar

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:14 pm
Im into Goth and Alternative and occasionally i like House and tribal beats.
So i guess im not Emo. And im definitly not a cutter.

Dont want to insult anyone by saying this,but i think anyone who cuts themselves because they are depressed,or just to see if they are still alive are weak. But i guess everyone deals with problems in a different way.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:17 pm
not to hurt any one's feallings but i hate when people cut themself, its just one of my demons*. but i have tired and am too much of a wuss, so i dont try or let my self think about it. and i hate the stariotype saying all Emo people cut, it used to be Goths so i know that whole shpeal

Mace
"Demons: reflexes that generate uncontrollabel moods, fantisies and even actions. Demons are often acuried as a response to a twisted environment that had to be endued during the weakness and dependeence of childhood..."

Basicly i hate cuting becase mostly to me it's suicidal, and my father hung himself in a hotel when i was eight so i kinda hate it  

MOD66

riu_xa

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:54 am
I don't really know what I am. I've been called both but sometimes more gothic than emo. I also used to cut, actually I've just gone 5 weeks without cutting. New record foe me! 3nodding The reason I don't cut anymore is becasue I promised my friends that i wouldn't and I plan on keeping that promise......or else they'll kill me gonk  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:22 pm
xXNeudachnickXx
blink146
K I just wanna know if these would be considered bad. I don't think they're that serious, but I've been told otherwise.

User Image
an X, nothing more
User Image
Safety pin to kill and create the pain
User Image
This one needed stitches
User Image
This one started out as lies, but met rust remover overnight

I don't know what to consider myself but yeah I get called emo alot. I've been doing this s**t for a long time, so if anyone needs anything or wants to stop or such, I'm happy to do what I can
How do you not think it's bad?
bad in which sense, i mean technically the whole mutilation thing is bad, some is just worse than others. I can't determine this for myself because i've grown acustomed to it and think little of it other than that i like it, as i'm somewhat of a massachist  

blink146

blink146

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:24 pm
YuukiRendar
Im into Goth and Alternative and occasionally i like House and tribal beats.
So i guess im not Emo. And im definitly not a cutter.

Dont want to insult anyone by saying this,but i think anyone who cuts themselves because they are depressed,or just to see if they are still alive are weak. But i guess everyone deals with problems in a different way.

It does seem to be rather a topic of controversy. However please keep in mind that people who are clinically depressed are unable to see things in the same light as they could otherwise, not necessarily making them weak. I cut because I like it, which is totally different and for a few people this is the case.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:29 pm
here we go with the false stereo typing again .............ok low down on cutting...and emo....emo=subculture, which also means clothing style and genre of music...........cutting= physicological disorder (where someone hurts themselves to "numb" emotional pain...sometimes enjoying the site of the blood, or create body art)...not exactly something to be taken lightly or to be generalized to bluntly because absolutely anyone can be a cutter..another misconception....cutting and suicide do not and i repeat do not...always go hand in hand....just because someone cuts doesn't mean they are suicidal .........thank you and good evening  

Fallentowards

jello_cheesecake1023

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:30 am
i'ma emo...  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:24 am
I myself am gothic but I get depressed quite a bit. I like both styles of music as well.  

Lord Blade Icestorm

Thida Fxcking Tragedy++

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:49 am
Gwarsh....
Emo=emotionally challenged hardcore punk rock.
And no matter how many people call me emo. I am not emo. Because emo is a type of music. haha. I'm SCENE RAWR

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:32 am
Definitely not me. Not a big fan of masochism.
I'm far too enraged to be emo, but most times I'm just cold and emotionless. I find that emotions get in the way. Although, I do have a mean streak, and I do enjoy taunting people different than I am.  

Plan-Galere

m a r l o w

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:20 pm
Please don't post images of arms that are all cut up and such.
It grosses me out, and probably others as well. I'm totally not against emo, but posting the pictures you took of yourself cutting up your arms/legs does nothing. If you think its makes yourself look anymore cooler, anymore emo, or anymore desperate, well fine. Go you. But I'd rather if you didn't post it here.

And emo is not a bad thing. The "true" emotive hardcore fans out there are probably not much like the emo's you see today. Emo bands don't even sound like emotive hardcore. And cutting usually doen't (and shouldn't) automatically associate with emo-- in fact, a majority of emo probably do not cut. It just a very common stereotype. And there is nothing wrong with human emotion, and being in tune with your own emotion isn't a bad thing, even if it makes you emo.

~ Dizzy
(the long lost founder of le guild who still lurks here)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:09 pm
m a r l o w
Please don't post images of arms that are all cut up and such.
It grosses me out, and probably others as well. I'm totally not against emo, but posting the pictures you took of yourself cutting up your arms/legs does nothing. If you think its makes yourself look anymore cooler, anymore emo, or anymore desperate, well fine. Go you. But I'd rather if you didn't post it here.

And emo is not a bad thing. The "true" emotive hardcore fans out there are probably not much like the emo's you see today. Emo bands don't even sound like emotive hardcore. And cutting usually doen't (and shouldn't) automatically associate with emo-- in fact, a majority of emo probably do not cut. It just a very common stereotype. And there is nothing wrong with human emotion, and being in tune with your own emotion isn't a bad thing, even if it makes you emo.

~ Dizzy
(the long lost founder of le guild who still lurks here)

thankyou!  

jcamille

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas