Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Naruto Guild
So Naruto anime isn't coming to America? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

cherryblossom_chan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:41 pm
Yomei
Tazmo even said it was an April Fool's joke...
thnak godness it's a joke..  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:35 pm
I don't know if it's a joke, i thought i saw something a few weeks back on Narutofan about naruto coming to america.  

liz_bliz_inc

Wolfstar27

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:43 am
hey i wish it dont come to america or england because there going to turn naruto into a pokemon theme cartoon where its only based for little kids and make it a childrens franchise, and im sure they will cut huge loads outta the cartoon like the blood bits and when they dub it they aint gunna have the swearing in it. like "s**t" or "b*****d" what do you guys think?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:52 pm
Wolfstar27
hey i wish it dont come to america or england because there going to turn naruto into a pokemon theme cartoon where its only based for little kids and make it a childrens franchise, and im sure they will cut huge loads outta the cartoon like the blood bits and when they dub it they aint gunna have the swearing in it. like "s**t" or "b*****d" what do you guys think?

what do you expect.? thats what it essentially is.. a kid's cartoon.  

Chrisss

liz_bliz_inc

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:17 pm
Cybercoin
I hope it's not coming to America. Cuz what's cooler? Japanese voices or stupid coverups for that.

Some of the jap voices don't sound right for the characters either, like Neji sounds like he's possesed by a 25-year-old with an extra deep voice. But yeah, the dub would probably make it even worse.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:10 pm
oh please!!! oh please!! dont come to america! we love the japanese version better! all my friends are freaking out cause it might come to america and be dubed!! >_< NOO!!!! stressed  

Ninja Alchemist

darkwind shinobi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:33 pm
........Bad news to all..It is coming to America..and its on Toonami NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO -dramic cry-........I wanted it to stay the same....in japanese.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:36 pm
That announcement's total bulls***. Why would they care enough to post it on Gaia?  

Rammenstein

Sike Redwolf

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:48 pm
It has to come out or I shall die!  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:38 pm
........well..its not like I dont mind like to see the english voices too.  

darkwind shinobi

Owenlars2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:23 am
who bumped this? shouldn't this ancient hoax of an aprils fools joke be locked?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:29 am
Mizuneko2
Viz Unlicenses Naruto 3.1.05
In a stunning announcement, Viz/ShoPro Entertainment revealed its plans to sell the the North American television, home video, and merchandising rights to Naruto back to it original licensors, TV Tokyo and Shueisha Inc. "We began to feel uncomfortable with the idea of making piles of cash from the show," a Viz representative told ANN. "After several parent advocacy groups showed us the error of our ways, we felt it was the only logical decision." ANN also contacted Cartoon Network, which had planned to broadcast Naruto later this year.

"Thank God, I can use my mailbox again," said an executive VP at the network. "Within minutes of our broadcast announcement, we were flooded with thousands of e-mails claiming to be from enraged mothers." "They were all the same. 'Naruto Uzumaki, he's a mischievous little brat!' 'By choosing to broadcast this show, you are directly responsible for the moral decline of our country's youth.' They said I would rot in hell, and that my family would face eternal damnation if I allowed Naruto to reach American airwaves." When asked how this would impact their licensing plans for 2005, the Viz representative gave another stunning response. "With California's new stem cell initiative and the breakthroughs at Johns Hopkins in placing human stem cells in rats, we asked ourselves: why not hamsters? Imagine, a real-life talking hamster! That would shut up all those folks who keep mocking Hamtaro."
Source: ANN
overkill xp  

Shadow_of_a_hedgehog

III-Kai-III

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:30 pm
It can't be true. They would be fools to give up that much money.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:16 pm
That April Fools joke is pretty old... and they clearly stated on ANN that it WAS a joke afterwards. Besides, why would "complaining mothers" keep them from earning as much cash as they are going to? Secondly, how would mother's even KNOW about Naruto? XD

A lot of you are still freaking out... I know I freaked out a bit when I heard about it (the day it WAS licensed, actually), but I've grown out of it. There's nothing we can do but ignore any crap the dub brings, if any, and stay true to our Japanese sub. Just avoid all the new, rabid, and brainless fan groups that squeal "omgz s4suke ish teh shmex!" and you'll be fine. -_-;  

chouzan

fonbebbles

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:08 pm
i bet that there is going to be an american version of naruto but i'm pretty sure they are going to butcher it like they do with all anime  
Naruto Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff