Poll Guild of DOOM liek totally doomy and stuff 

Tags: Poll, DOOM, Elephant, Guild, Silly 

Reply Literate Hell
Atheism vs Christianity Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

If you don't feel offended, what are you?
  Atheist
  Christian
  Hindu
  Buddhist
  Other....
View Results

prettikittibaby

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:46 pm
I'm new to this whole Christianity thing... or atleast... the real part... I've been around the horrible, most unbiblical "Christians" in the "Bible belt" for a long time.

Anyways, my boyfriend and I have been praying for some things, involving parents, and they've both been answered this week. *shrug*  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:17 am
Taka Seiyaryu
Angel of Music
Taka Seiyaryu
Used_Bookstore
Just for the record Jesus was real and did walk on this earth. Whether you believe He was a prophet or was the son of God is up to you but there are countless number of records outside of the Bible that say He was real. And just out of curiosity how are you sure there is no God. What kind of proof are you looking for? I'm asking in all seriousness. I'm not asking to get a rile out of you or start an argument; I genially want to know why. And it sounds like to me that you are basing Christianity off of church and church functions. And if you are going to look at the Christian faith don't base it off of church. Base it off of God's word and from your experience with God. There are a lot of hypocrites in the church, and when I say church I mean the entire Christian church not just the Catholic church. sweatdrop I believe personally it's one of the worst things about being a Christian. While I believe church is important to the Christian walk, since it gives you a place to gather information and support from other Christians there is a lot of hypocrisy and it's one of the biggest reasons why most unbelievers don't become a Christian. I hope you are not basing your view of Christianity just because of that. Also it seems that you have dealt with people who were pushy or arrogant as you said. I'm sorry you were treated this way and I personally don't fell its right to push your religion on to someone else. Talking about it is fine but pushing it on to someone is not the right way to go about it. But honestly from what I've gathered from your post; granted I might be wrong since I don't know you, but it sounds like you are the arrogant one. You say there is no God yet you offered no proof to say He isn't real and you seemed to have based your views of Christianity off of a select group of people. Like I said before I'm not saying this to stir up trouble but I'm just expressing my opinion and this is just my response to Taka's post ^_^

I say there is no God because there has been no proof of such a being shown to me. When I was little I too used to pray to this possibly-nonexistant being. Ever since I even started bad things kept happening to me. My mother would abuse me, my grades would suck, and it seemed like no matter what I did I always got yelled at. Even when I stopped praying, the abuse would continue and more abuse was added to it. I almost lost my best friend because of my mother's abuse. I had to take matters into my own hands because this so-called "God" apparently didn't want anything to do with me. burning_eyes And since I declared myself an Atheist, all of these things have stopped. Since then I have been leading a good life with my father. I'm in love with a guy I can trust, and Mother has basically dropped right out of the picture.

Now, whether this proves the existance of God or proves the NON-existance of God, I have yet to decide for myself. In answer to your question "What sort of proof are you looking for", I search for physical evidence, if possible. If this "God" thing is real, he should be able to come before me face-to-face and prove his existance to me. If he can't or won't, then I have every right to believe that he does not exist.

Okay first of all God is a spirt now and he won't be back until the end of the world but he is here now for he is all around us.

I'm really sorry for what happened to you. Thats awful. But you can't blame God. God wasen't the one who abused you. Sometimes when you pray for something the answer doesn't come right away but if you keep having faith God will answer your prayers. Hes answered a lot of mine. I lost a best friend because I was to "good" for her taste. Guess what happened to her? She steals now and shes into some bad stuff.

All I can say is God died for you. There is the bible to prove it. And if your not greatful for that than thats to bad. If your gonna hold a grudge on God for something bad that happened in the past that wasen't even God's fault than thats to bad. I understand it must be harder for you to believe now but talk to your Christian friends, listen to them, open your mind. I'm not gonna try to force my opinion on you but I just feel it's to bad that after what happened to you, you can't be greatful that eventually you did get through it and have been blessed with a lot.

Oh, how convenient. Spirit, eh? Well then the least he could do is show his face to me in a dream or something. If he wants me to believe in him so bad he's got to prove he exists first. The Bible does nothing for him. In my eyes, it's just another work of fiction written ages ago. And, grateful for what? He didn't die. Jesus did, and he was nothing more than a prophet. I do not blame God for what happened to me. All I'm saying is praying to him does nothing for me. He doesn't want anything to do with me, apparently, so he has made no attempt to answer my prayers in any form or way.

Since he was nice enough to answer your prayers: good for you. He likes you. You can go hang out in Heaven and I'll go hang out in Hell and try to become a general like Azazel. 3nodding

Jesus was the son of God. God gave up his son. Which is hard. Sometimes answering prayers just takes time. But look at what you have now? Don't you think things have turned up. I can't make you believe or anything but there are answers to your questions and sometimes we just don't know and its a mystery as to why God doesn't always answer our prayers right away. I do know that he loves all of us equally. Including you.  

Angel of Music

LimeyFish8

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:16 pm
Angel of Music
Taka Seiyaryu
Angel of Music
Taka Seiyaryu
Used_Bookstore
Just for the record Jesus was real and did walk on this earth. Whether you believe He was a prophet or was the son of God is up to you but there are countless number of records outside of the Bible that say He was real. And just out of curiosity how are you sure there is no God. What kind of proof are you looking for? I'm asking in all seriousness. I'm not asking to get a rile out of you or start an argument; I genially want to know why. And it sounds like to me that you are basing Christianity off of church and church functions. And if you are going to look at the Christian faith don't base it off of church. Base it off of God's word and from your experience with God. There are a lot of hypocrites in the church, and when I say church I mean the entire Christian church not just the Catholic church. sweatdrop I believe personally it's one of the worst things about being a Christian. While I believe church is important to the Christian walk, since it gives you a place to gather information and support from other Christians there is a lot of hypocrisy and it's one of the biggest reasons why most unbelievers don't become a Christian. I hope you are not basing your view of Christianity just because of that. Also it seems that you have dealt with people who were pushy or arrogant as you said. I'm sorry you were treated this way and I personally don't fell its right to push your religion on to someone else. Talking about it is fine but pushing it on to someone is not the right way to go about it. But honestly from what I've gathered from your post; granted I might be wrong since I don't know you, but it sounds like you are the arrogant one. You say there is no God yet you offered no proof to say He isn't real and you seemed to have based your views of Christianity off of a select group of people. Like I said before I'm not saying this to stir up trouble but I'm just expressing my opinion and this is just my response to Taka's post ^_^

I say there is no God because there has been no proof of such a being shown to me. When I was little I too used to pray to this possibly-nonexistant being. Ever since I even started bad things kept happening to me. My mother would abuse me, my grades would suck, and it seemed like no matter what I did I always got yelled at. Even when I stopped praying, the abuse would continue and more abuse was added to it. I almost lost my best friend because of my mother's abuse. I had to take matters into my own hands because this so-called "God" apparently didn't want anything to do with me. burning_eyes And since I declared myself an Atheist, all of these things have stopped. Since then I have been leading a good life with my father. I'm in love with a guy I can trust, and Mother has basically dropped right out of the picture.

Now, whether this proves the existance of God or proves the NON-existance of God, I have yet to decide for myself. In answer to your question "What sort of proof are you looking for", I search for physical evidence, if possible. If this "God" thing is real, he should be able to come before me face-to-face and prove his existance to me. If he can't or won't, then I have every right to believe that he does not exist.

Okay first of all God is a spirt now and he won't be back until the end of the world but he is here now for he is all around us.

I'm really sorry for what happened to you. Thats awful. But you can't blame God. God wasen't the one who abused you. Sometimes when you pray for something the answer doesn't come right away but if you keep having faith God will answer your prayers. Hes answered a lot of mine. I lost a best friend because I was to "good" for her taste. Guess what happened to her? She steals now and shes into some bad stuff.

All I can say is God died for you. There is the bible to prove it. And if your not greatful for that than thats to bad. If your gonna hold a grudge on God for something bad that happened in the past that wasen't even God's fault than thats to bad. I understand it must be harder for you to believe now but talk to your Christian friends, listen to them, open your mind. I'm not gonna try to force my opinion on you but I just feel it's to bad that after what happened to you, you can't be greatful that eventually you did get through it and have been blessed with a lot.

Oh, how convenient. Spirit, eh? Well then the least he could do is show his face to me in a dream or something. If he wants me to believe in him so bad he's got to prove he exists first. The Bible does nothing for him. In my eyes, it's just another work of fiction written ages ago. And, grateful for what? He didn't die. Jesus did, and he was nothing more than a prophet. I do not blame God for what happened to me. All I'm saying is praying to him does nothing for me. He doesn't want anything to do with me, apparently, so he has made no attempt to answer my prayers in any form or way.

Since he was nice enough to answer your prayers: good for you. He likes you. You can go hang out in Heaven and I'll go hang out in Hell and try to become a general like Azazel. 3nodding

Jesus was the son of God. God gave up his son. Which is hard. Sometimes answering prayers just takes time. But look at what you have now? Don't you think things have turned up. I can't make you believe or anything but there are answers to your questions and sometimes we just don't know and its a mystery as to why God doesn't always answer our prayers right away. I do know that he loves all of us equally. Including you.

Would a loving and caring, omnipotent diety allow half of the world to starve? Would it allow famine, pestilence, and war to tear countries and people apart? You say that it answers a lot of questions, that is what religion is for. Suspend, for a moment, your acceptance that there is a god and think about why religon would be invented with out one. Just think about that. This issue is so difficult to debate because neither side is willing to consider the possibility that the other might be right. I have spent a lot of time thinking about it and while saying that there is a god answers many many questions, but for me it doesn't answer them satisfactorily. Its a personal issue and in debate the impass that is most commonly reached is wether or not there is proof for either answer.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:47 pm
Angel of Music

*cackles* Love? LOVE?! If he loved us so much, why would he let us SUFFER?! Oh, is it part of his "master plan" for us?! Hah! Jesus was NOT the son of "God", but a mere prophet with a multiple personality complex! xp

*cough* ninja If you wish to argue with me further, I suggest we take this to PMs, so that I don't get kicked out or anything... ninja  

Taka Seiyaryu

Phaeton

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:27 am
Sure there's historical accounts to a Jesus however, he can't be the son of someone who never existed. The whole premise of faith is believing in something that has NOT been proven logically or empirically. So it boggles my mind when people go and say they're proud of their faith. They're proud of believing in something that isn't true. All I'm saying on that matter is if you know it's real, prove it. If you're going to use the idea of faith and believing in this "God" (Rather arrogant to assign a noun to a pronoun) you have to accept the possibility of being wrong.

The absence of evidence isn't the evidence of absence, but it's a damn good indicator. And for ******** sake an old contradictory mythological book written by 40 old guys is not evidence, not to mention it's basic parts are just stolen mythology from pagan religions (The virgin birth prophet, the single deity, origin of man, resting on the 7th day, blah blah blah...). Quite frankly centuries of bloodshed and war aren't worth it for something that may not even be remotely true.

How comfortable is this lie? Under the lie you're subject to the wrath of a greedy vengeful angry deity who places you under specific rules he himself doesn't follow. Supposedly we spawned from what started as only 2 humans; it's their fault for our current state and somehow this omnipitent , omnipresent, and omniscent deity blames us for something that he could have easily stopped. To top it off, to forgive past and future sins this omnipotent god sacrifices his only son (Who's he trying to impress?) in a bloody execution. Still this deity wants you to love and worship him for granting you the ability to exist in life just to suffer then die to either become a tool of his use in heaven or suffer some more in hell. I personally find that to be more attrocious than comforting.

Still people have the freedom to believe what they want to, just keep it out of school, quit handing out pamplets, and quit assaulting those who go against your beliefs.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:30 pm
LimeyFish8
Angel of Music
Taka Seiyaryu
Angel of Music
Taka Seiyaryu
Used_Bookstore

Would a loving and caring, omnipotent diety allow half of the world to starve? Would it allow famine, pestilence, and war to tear countries and people apart? You say that it answers a lot of questions, that is what religion is for. Suspend, for a moment, your acceptance that there is a god and think about why religon would be invented with out one. Just think about that. This issue is so difficult to debate because neither side is willing to consider the possibility that the other might be right. I have spent a lot of time thinking about it and while saying that there is a god answers many many questions, but for me it doesn't answer them satisfactorily. Its a personal issue and in debate the impass that is most commonly reached is wether or not there is proof for either answer.

God didn't 'allow' all these things to happen. The world did. If everyone gave a little more, helped out a little more, than maybe there wouldn't be so much famine. In the bible God says to give 10 percent of what you earn to the church, and give to others and help out. You can't simply blame God for everything bad that happens in the world. It's not God's fault we're in the middle of a war right now. God didn't declare war on Iraq. So you can't just say that he allowed this to happen because he didn't. Bad things happen. Thats why this is LIFE and when we die there will be a perfect Heaven, and a punishment Hell. A lot of people wonder why God would 'allow' people to go to Hell. It's Satin's doing though. He holds the place of Hell for those who don't except Jesus and his reward of eternal life.  

Angel of Music

Angel of Music

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:37 pm
Phaeton
Sure there's historical accounts to a Jesus however, he can't be the son of someone who never existed. The whole premise of faith is believing in something that has NOT been proven logically or empirically. So it boggles my mind when people go and say they're proud of their faith. They're proud of believing in something that isn't true. All I'm saying on that matter is if you know it's real, prove it. If you're going to use the idea of faith and believing in this "God" (Rather arrogant to assign a noun to a pronoun) you have to accept the possibility of being wrong.

The absence of evidence isn't the evidence of absence, but it's a damn good indicator. And for ******** sake an old contradictory mythological book written by 40 old guys is not evidence, not to mention it's basic parts are just stolen mythology from pagan religions (The virgin birth prophet, the single deity, origin of man, resting on the 7th day, blah blah blah...). Quite frankly centuries of bloodshed and war aren't worth it for something that may not even be remotely true.

How comfortable is this lie? Under the lie you're subject to the wrath of a greedy vengeful angry deity who places you under specific rules he himself doesn't follow. Supposedly we spawned from what started as only 2 humans; it's their fault for our current state and somehow this omnipitent , omnipresent, and omniscent deity blames us for something that he could have easily stopped. To top it off, to forgive past and future sins this omnipotent god sacrifices his only son (Who's he trying to impress?) in a bloody execution. Still this deity wants you to love and worship him for granting you the ability to exist in life just to suffer then die to either become a tool of his use in heaven or suffer some more in hell. I personally find that to be more attrocious than comforting.

Still people have the freedom to believe what they want to, just keep it out of school, quit handing out pamplets, and quit assaulting those who go against your beliefs.

Okay first of all not all of us hand out pamplets, and assault others who are against our beliefs.

Second of all, you are very confused and it's ovious. The bible isn't just a book. It's a historical document. If anything is true the bible is. Also if you do your research you'll find that while the bible is hard to believe it's the most believable explanation for the earth. Do you seriously believe the big bang therory? Have you watched the movie? A star exploded and now there are stars and water and people. Right. rolleyes

Read what I said to Limey...

God didn't 'allow' all these things to happen. The world did. If everyone gave a little more, helped out a little more, than maybe there wouldn't be so much famine. In the bible God says to give 10 percent of what you earn to the church, and give to others and help out. You can't simply blame God for everything bad that happens in the world. It's not God's fault we're in the middle of a war right now. God didn't declare war on Iraq. So you can't just say that he allowed this to happen because he didn't. Bad things happen. Thats why this is LIFE and when we die there will be a perfect Heaven, and a punishment Hell. A lot of people wonder why God would 'allow' people to go to Hell. It's Satin's doing though. He holds the place of Hell for those who don't except Jesus and his reward of eternal life.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:33 pm
Saka Kazima
Well, I have been in many fights about religion now and want to knwo other points of view.

Many people don't believe in Jesus, and that is your lifestyle I suppose, but being a Christian, it just concerns me slightly. Many atheists have started to go on and on about how Jesus isn't coming back, that he never existed and so one, but I don't see how that is. There is more scientific evidence to show that Jesus did live than there is to prove that bacteria exist.

With the Davinci Code coming out, even more people's belifs are being swayed. Now, I haven't seen the movie myself, and not because I go to chruch, just because I'm broke, but I know what it's basically about. Many people think that it is based on facts, but it isn't. It's just a work of fiction by a very talented writer.

So why is everyone so concerned about the Rapture, even if they don't believe in it?

Sorry, I know that didn't flow, it's just a bunch of stuff in one post...

the Bible is also pretty much a work of fiction. So whats to say the Davinci Code is less real than the bible...Time, if we give The Davinci code time, I think it might actually spark a religion. It sounds crazy but it could happen.  

brutitus

Kyomii Kitsune

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:55 am
Saka Kazima
Well, I have been in many fights about religion now and want to knwo other points of view.

Many people don't believe in Jesus, and that is your lifestyle I suppose, but being a Christian, it just concerns me slightly. Many atheists have started to go on and on about how Jesus isn't coming back, that he never existed and so one, but I don't see how that is. There is more scientific evidence to show that Jesus did live than there is to prove that bacteria exist.

With the Davinci Code coming out, even more people's belifs are being swayed. Now, I haven't seen the movie myself, and not because I go to chruch, just because I'm broke, but I know what it's basically about. Many people think that it is based on facts, but it isn't. It's just a work of fiction by a very talented writer.

So why is everyone so concerned about the Rapture, even if they don't believe in it?

Ok here we go...

First off, even though I'm not Christian, I have to agree with you that YES they do have proof that Jesus existed. What they do NOT have proof of are the miracles and the actual events of his life. They cannot PROVE he is the son of God, etc. I'm not going to argue that he didn't exist, because as far as evidence goes, you're right.

Along these lines, my belief is that he was actually more like the potential that we all have inside of us. For one thing, they found some of Jesus' own writings that the church doesn't want you to read because it is Jesus himself saying that church, and God, is INSIDE you, that you don't need a structure or a roof or a priest to be close to Him. This is what I have heard that they discovered when they found a set of scrolls buried in the earth. The church doesn't want people to know that because they need people to come to church in order to have a purpose and to have power. Though some people, regardless, would still go anyway because it is a vital community in their life, which is fine as well. My point is, I honestly think people got the wrong impression. I think Jesus was merely humanities potential manifested, that he was a step above us in the evolutionary ladder. I'm not saying I don't think he did "miracles," I just think they portrayed him inaccurately.

Taking into acount scientific proof though, they have an extreme amount of more concrete proof of Darwin's Theory of Evolution. How can the Bible and Darwin's Theory co-exist? They have carbon dated prehistoric humans going back hundreds of thousands of years...BEFORE Jesus and the Bible.

It would seem that Aetheists would make those kinds of predictions mostly because it's not their faith. Let them believe what they want while you stay secure in your own faith.

In regards to the Da Vinci Code, you're right in some aspects. It is true that parts of the book are in fact based on proven facts. The Knights Templar for example, really existed. Most aspects though, such as the Priory of Scion were in fact made up by the author. Most of the book is fictitious, but a lot of people never get around to finding that out so they jump to conclusions, and the church freaks out and everyone is in a heap of confusion. Though you have to admit, he did a pretty good job whee some of the points seem very convincing, so much in fact that people ACTUALLY believe them.

Now for the real headcruncher: What if that's what happened with the Bible itself? What if it was just a story written by a really great author, but based on some actual real life events and people? Is it possible? You bet.

In regards to why people are concerned when they don't believe in it, well, there can be a number of reasons. For one thing, Christianity affects an enormous amount of the population, both believers in it and nonbelievers. It's in politics, it's in schools and literature, it's in movies and advertising. It's pretty hard to avoid. So wouldn't you be concerned about something that was connected to so many parts of your daily life? There is a movement towards Theocracy in the US as of recently. Now I don't know about you, but for me, being a non-Christian, that's not too appealing to me, especially since our nation was founded on freedom of religion.

Another reason is an absurdly simple one. They just want to argue. They may be so set in their ways they just decide that they are right and want to prove you wrong. It really may be as simple as that.

Ok...I think I'm done now...Wow I just lectured...but that's what this is for right? sweatdrop

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:25 am
Angel of Music
Okay first of all not all of us hand out pamplets, and assault others who are against our beliefs.

Second of all, you are very confused and it's ovious. The bible isn't just a book. It's a historical document. If anything is true the bible is.

Oh boy here we go...

I hate to double post, and hopefully someone will post something by the time I post this, but I couldn't NOT reply to this. I'm sorry but I can't disagree with you more. There is no proof that the Bible actually IS a historical document. There just isn't. And to be honest I don't think there will ever be a way to prove it. But, that also mean's it can't be concretely disproven. But still, it is not a historical document. It's a book of faith, a chronicle of stories that may or may not be, to any given degree, true. There is no sure way to prove them right or wrong.

Angel of Music
Also if you do your research you'll find that while the bible is hard to believe it's the most believable explanation for the earth. Do you seriously believe the big bang therory? Have you watched the movie? A star exploded and now there are stars and water and people. Right. rolleyes

One thing you should note is that "research" and "beliefs" don't usually cooperate well in an argument. Research is based on observed truths, and beliefs are based on human intuition, which cannot be scientifically proven to be true. I find it easier to believe that tangible pieces of matter came together by scientifically proven means such as gravity to form the earth, and that evolvution (which has also been scientifically proven to exist) took over and life evolved from basic forms over billions of years than it is to believe that some omniscient, intangible, invisible, all powerful "God" decided that there would be light and animals and water etc. out of nothing. Did you know its also a proven fact that matter can not be created or destroyed, merely manipulated? So that seems to throw the whole creation out of nothing theory out the window.

The way you worded everything you said just feels like your are forcing it down peoples throats, which isn't exactly "handing out pamphlets," but it's pretty darn close. And to be honest it really sounds like an assault on them, even though you claim that you don't "assault others who are against our beliefs." You spoke with such disregard for their views, and such possessive and rude dialogue that it just makes you look exactly like the kind of person you said you are not.

Kyomii Kitsune

soybean04

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:59 pm
brutitus
Saka Kazima

the Bible is also pretty much a work of fiction. So whats to say the Davinci Code is less real than the bible...Time, if we give The Davinci code time, I think it might actually spark a religion. It sounds crazy but it could happen.

it wouldnt suprise me....  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:47 pm
Kyomii Kitsune
The way you worded everything you said just feels like your are forcing it down peoples throats, which isn't exactly "handing out pamphlets," but it's pretty darn close. And to be honest it really sounds like an assault on them, even though you claim that you don't "assault others who are against our beliefs." You spoke with such disregard for their views, and such possessive and rude dialogue that it just makes you look exactly like the kind of person you said you are not.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!! I really needed to see someone else post that. I agree with you fully.  

Taka Seiyaryu

Angel of Music

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:03 am
brutitus
Saka Kazima

What proof do you have that its fiction? Hm? We KNOW its a historical document. Its very true. But its your choice to believe it. Just don't go around saying its fiction when you have nothing to back it up.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:09 am
Kyomii Kitsune
Angel of Music

Second of all, you are very confused and it's ovious. The bible isn't just a book. It's a historical document. If anything is true the bible is.

Oh boy here we go...

I hate to double post, and hopefully someone will post something by the time I post this, but I couldn't NOT reply to this. I'm sorry but I can't disagree with you more. There is no proof that the Bible actually IS a historical document. There just isn't. And to be honest I don't think there will ever be a way to prove it. But, that also mean's it can't be concretely disproven. But still, it is not a historical document. It's a book of faith, a chronicle of stories that may or may not be, to any given degree, true. There is no sure way to prove them right or wrong.

Angel of Music
Also if you do your research you'll find that while the bible is hard to believe it's the most believable explanation for the earth. Do you seriously believe the big bang therory? Have you watched the movie? A star exploded and now there are stars and water and people. Right. rolleyes

One thing you should note is that "research" and "beliefs" don't usually cooperate well in an argument. Research is based on observed truths, and beliefs are based on human intuition, which cannot be scientifically proven to be true. I find it easier to believe that tangible pieces of matter came together by scientifically proven means such as gravity to form the earth, and that evolvution (which has also been scientifically proven to exist) took over and life evolved from basic forms over billions of years than it is to believe that some omniscient, intangible, invisible, all powerful "God" decided that there would be light and animals and water etc. out of nothing. Did you know its also a proven fact that matter can not be created or destroyed, merely manipulated? So that seems to throw the whole creation out of nothing theory out the window.

Thats what faith is for. And second I told them whatever they want to believe I don't care. This is a literatate thread meant for opinions and this is mine. A lot of people here were rude to me as well and if you can't see proof that there is a God how can you see proof that there isn't? Making up excuses for why God doesn't exist won't get you anywhere. We have more than just the bible for proof as I've discussed with Limey. Oh yeah and there are miracles. If you have ever witnessed one you would know they are not just councidences. A boy cannot magically be cured of cancer and have a handprint appear on his cheek and last for three days. I know this boy. So if you intend to prove me wrong give it up. I'm a firm believer and none of your 'proof' can sway my faith. Science also hasen't proven either of those things. It's basically just a theory but they don't have actual proof that supports their theory.  

Angel of Music

Angel of Music

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:14 am
Taka Seiyaryu
Kyomii Kitsune

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!! I really needed to see someone else post that. I agree with you fully.

Says there girl who was rather rude herself. If I get a little annoyed I think thats resonable considering the rude dialogue I recieved. Especially over pms some people have been awful. So if I challenge you a little I don't see how that makes me 'possessive and rude'. It's not my probelm if you go to Hell and if you believe in other things. But don't come up with all these reasons why God doesn't exist because we know he does. I made some good points and you have to admit that. I quieted down some people here and although this isn't my idea of fun I'm feel compelled to get my point across.  
Literate Hell

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff