Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
How long are you planning to be goth? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[x] ichi-hane enzeru [x]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:32 am
as a recent high school graduate , i can honestly say that my high school had little influuence on my vampiric (spelling) behavior. my friends and most of my past loves influenced me more than my class mates. i have always liked the taste of blood and i think i always will.

but my children will not have to travel down the same road i lived on, they won't have to fight for life cause i will be there to fight for them. i will attempt to assimilate myself into normalicy ( my skin just crawled)
later on in life, after i settle down with a family to call my own. i cann hardly wait, for the family part at least.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:38 am
celebie.exe
*sighs*

I have been trying to ignore this topic for the last several hours now and it seems to creep to the top of the main forum again and again.

Here is my opinion:

It, for me, is IMPOSSIBLE to determine if or when I will ever stop being "gothic." I view my present persona as a manifestation of past incidents and circumstances; I am who I am because of select events. Unless those events become unimportant in my future life or more relevant future events negate those of my past, I shall forever be "gothic."

Same....  

RobynCorynne

RaynieDays

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:28 am
Finally someone acknowledged what celebie.exe wrote! I completely agree with celebie. Who you are now is a build up of all those little and major events that brought you to this point in your life. I'm "goth" because of the things I've seen, the things I've done, and the people I've met. Who I am now is always changing. One day it may change me to the point where I become a new stereotype. I'll always be just me though.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:20 am
YuukiRendar
I always wondered to myself how long im gonna be an goth.

My whole life? Till i get a family?

I never thought much bout it,but do i really want my little kids growing up around a Guy that looks like a vampire?

Its not like im gonna be a father anytime soon,but im just planning...

Maybe be goth only a few days a week,and the rest like everyone else (shudder)?

i would like to have your points of view...

Wheather you stay, or wheather you change, remember this,

follow YOUR feelings, YOUR heart, YOUR soul,

Just make sure whatever you end up doing, you do with all guns blazing. Once you make a stand, DONT back down.  

Solomon 469

Merry Platypus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:55 am
I'm not a goth. I never was. People are ignorant of my true thoughts and feelings, therefore they label me a goth. It is sad that my depression and general melancholy has begun to define me.

I am of like mind with those who claim to be such, therefore I tend to look for gothic people since I enjoy their company. We have similar ideas about society and the state of the world.

I understand your feelings about adulthood. It would make things easier on your child if you conformed to normal standards. Even if you change outwardly, your ideals will be the same. I wouldn't worry about it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:02 pm
I think you are who you are, and when you meet someone and have a kid with them, they should love you no matter what. And your child doesnn't care what you look like. Just always stay true to yourself. heart  

Yamin0

Dirzdra

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:00 pm
Actually, I have to say, I did not even consider myself goth until someone called me that. I don't know, I guess I'll stop being goth when they stop calling me that. This is not meant to sound like I am playing a part, but it does *sigh*. Hm... let's think of an easier way to explain... think... think!!! I am me. They call me this, so people think of me as this. You know? So, when they stop calling me a goth (for no particular reason), I will then, in a way, stop being a goth. You know?

As for kids, I plan on it someday. I will raise them on basic morals, not religion or any kind of stereotype.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:46 pm
I don't know if I'll ever stop being goth. It's just who I am. If I DO stop being goth, oh well, I'm still me & loving it.  

Alex_The_Strange

.+Melanthios+.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:06 pm
AlexSakuraPendragon
I don't know if I'll ever stop being goth. It's just who I am. If I DO stop being goth, oh well, I'm still me & loving it.

i admire your induviduality  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:01 pm
you dont plan to be anything. if you're goth, you're goth for life. you might not keep the appearance, but it's still a part of who you are. i, for one, plan to be who i am for the rest of my life.  

DR490N

.+Melanthios+.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:32 pm
DR490N
you dont plan to be anything. if you're goth, you're goth for life. you might not keep the appearance, but it's still a part of who you are. i, for one, plan to be who i am for the rest of my life.

good point  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:06 pm
The way I see it, I am who I am. Before I became goth, I was fake. I felt artificial and wrong in that body. As soon as I became goth, I immediately felt more comfortable. Like I had changed from having clothes that were too small to having clothes that fit just right. I feel more like myself now than I ever have and I'm never going back to that ill-fitting feeling again. My children (If I have any) can choose to live how they want. I wouldn't want them to have the ill-fitting feeling I had. 3nodding  

Dracula Vampirate

whore27

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:53 pm
you never know till it happens.....i mean it's a big part of your life right now and there is no way to tell unless you were just dressing like this cause otheres were ....but for me i think i'll always have my tripp and my band t's.....but it's still hard to know how long this'll last or if it's just a phase but phase's dont last as long as what i'm going through so it aint a phase...lol  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:11 pm
Tsubaki89
The way I see it, I am who I am. Before I became goth, I was fake. I felt artificial and wrong in that body. As soon as I became goth, I immediately felt more comfortable. Like I had changed from having clothes that were too small to having clothes that fit just right. I feel more like myself now than I ever have and I'm never going back to that ill-fitting feeling again. My children (If I have any) can choose to live how they want. I wouldn't want them to have the ill-fitting feeling I had. 3nodding
I'm with you. I think Evanescence and the gothness they brought into my life kinda saved me from becoming some kind of fake blonde whore, and if that's what gothness can do to me, I'm sticking with it. Goth, for me, is fun. And I like being the kind of goth who wears an Evanescence wristband and Joe Boxer smiley pajama shorts to bed; the kind of goth who is addicted to manga and rock music; the kind of goth who tries to wing out the black eyeliner past the corners of her eyes a little and hope her parents won't notice... y'know, like that. And once I'm all grown up, I am going to have so much fun being a gothic mother. Don't be surprised if you see me stuffing a Christmas tree into the back of a hearse, or if you see me sewing little goth-lolita dresses for my children, or if you hear my children's classmates saying, "Are you a vampire?" 3nodding  

EvFaerAshlynn

Ndoki

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:32 pm
Well since goth to me isn't about how I dress, I'm going to be one forever. Now appearance-wise, probably the same. I'm already decided on naming my first born son Vlad, and I'm going to dress him up in little suits, and my girl will wear frilly black gothic dresses. 3nodding

But yeah, goth is about how you act, and that I can't change.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff