Reply The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild
The Veil Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FayeKasumiValentine1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 3:03 pm
Ah yes the imfamous veil. I to am dying to know what the heck is behind that veil. My other HP friends and I had a very long discussion on the possiblities, and it's not just the veil but the whole Department of Mysteries that has me baffled. What is up with that place? What was the deal with those weird brains? The veil, for all I can figure is like a purgatory. You're dead, but in a sense you're still alive. You can never come back to the side of the living so in that sense you're dead, but you're also alive in that you didn't physically die. So, it's a way for the living in the "real world" to communicate with the "dead" on the side of the veil. That's my best guess. You know what I would also like explained? That little silver insturment that had the two snakes come out of it. What is that used for? So many questions..  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 3:22 pm
Now I don't know if anyone has said this but,

Luna Lovegood had said there was voices behind there.

See I think its just a portal to the other wrold and also I think all of the souls of the people Vol... you-know-who killed are behind it.

And I think the best way for J.K to finish off the series is that Harry Kills Vol... Y.K.W and all the souls of the people he killed return to their bodys and live again!

So that means Harry and Neville will be happy again,
also I think Vol... Y.K.W killed Luna's mum too! (you know the potion Aciddent, I don't think it was I think y.k.w. was behind the potion going bad, because luna siad her mum was a GREAT witch, now a GREAT witch would not have messed up a potion.

Sorry I am like a Sleuth who puts clues to (well somewhat clues) sweatdrop

But we will just have to find out.

British Rebel

Clintrea

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:18 pm
Okay this confuses me as well. I do feel like the veil is a gateway to another world and it could possibly lead to death. To me it almost seems like limbo or purgatory or something before death. That might be where the souls of the people Voldermort killed are too. It is very confusing and I hope she continues to explain it in her next book. But what about that mirror that Sirius gave to harry so that Harry could see Sirius whenever he liked? Could Harry possibly see Sirius if he used it? That itself went unexplained. or did i just not remember anything occuring with that?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:32 am
i think the veil is just some sort of blank room, where if you fall into it you die instantly....I must be because it was concelied in the MOM!! and that room it was in was a death room or something...dumbledore said it was!!??  

skeledragon

DrgnSmurf

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:27 pm
willowtree
What the heck is behind the damn veil?!? I can't stand the wait any longer!!!

I'm taking a guess on this but maybe its a vortex for spirits that can't come to the outside  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:56 pm
I bet she's saving it for the last book.  

darkzumi

3,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Autobiographer 200

Pow in the Wow

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:15 pm
i dunno >.<
mayb death eaters? lol  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:30 pm
A Touch of Irish Chaos
Well in Wiccan beliefs the Veil is the connection between the living and the dead. It is where all of the souls of the dead dwell. I'm guessing since Serius went straight into the veil body and all then that's the reason he won't become a ghost. My best friend is a wiccan she told me all about it.

wow if that's the reason, J.K. Rowling really knows her stuff!  

camouflage_girl

camouflage_girl

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:32 pm
darkzumi
I bet she's saving it for the last book.

i hope so! i'd like to know more about the veil! (even though i've never really thought much about it till now..)  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:09 pm
I bet it is like a place to wait. You wait to come back or die. Sirius must come back, he must! Every time I read that part of the book I cry! Just thinking about it now... cry crying  

Milendil

evil_black_cat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:15 am
I think Sirius is alive and will come back.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:00 am
PadfootReturns
I think she left us hanging in the end about the veil because luna mentions it to harry at the end but she doesn't quite explain it. there are a lot of unexplained things with the department of mysterys (hence the name). she called the room with the veil the death room, so it has something to do with death but we kinda already knew that.
Plus what about that room that was locked and melted sirius's key? whats behind there? she better tell us or i just might spend the rest of my life thinking of theories..
the door that melted the knife, she explained, dumbledore explains that harry has some energy in him that is all powerful, and that energy is locked in that room  

[Hollow Point]

ofbittersweetmemories

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:06 pm
I think that the veil is going to become an imperative part to the plot, I think that Harry is probably going to try to communicate w/ Sirius thru the veil, or end up going through it himself.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:54 pm
hiphopmewmint
AyameRoxs
I don't think there's anything behind the veil, I think there's some thing in the veil. Only Luna and Harry could hear the whispers or whatever right? So I'm thinking maybe it's like the Thestral, only the ones who have seen people die can see them, so maybe it's something only Luna and Harry have seen/done that makes them able to hear the whispers or something.

ya but everyone saw sirius dye, so shouldn't they have been able to hear it too??

Actually, everone else was distracted fighting the rest of the Death Eaters, so none of them seen what happened. But that's a really good theory, hearing the voices of the veil being similar to those who can only see thestrals.

[Hollow point]"[quote="PadfootReturns
I think she left us hanging in the end about the veil because luna mentions it to harry at the end but she doesn't quite explain it. there are a lot of unexplained things with the department of mysterys (hence the name). she called the room with the veil the death room, so it has something to do with death but we kinda already knew that.
Plus what about that room that was locked and melted sirius's key? whats behind there? she better tell us or i just might spend the rest of my life thinking of theories..
the door that melted the knife, she explained, dumbledore explains that harry has some energy in him that is all powerful, and that energy is locked in that room

Didn't Dumbledore say that power behind the locked door is something Voldemort can't stand? Condsidering Voldemort couldn't take over Harry, wouldn't that power be love?  

Izumi Hosoi

[Hollow Point]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:32 pm
Izumi Hosoi
hiphopmewmint
AyameRoxs
I don't think there's anything behind the veil, I think there's some thing in the veil. Only Luna and Harry could hear the whispers or whatever right? So I'm thinking maybe it's like the Thestral, only the ones who have seen people die can see them, so maybe it's something only Luna and Harry have seen/done that makes them able to hear the whispers or something.

ya but everyone saw sirius dye, so shouldn't they have been able to hear it too??

Actually, everone else was distracted fighting the rest of the Death Eaters, so none of them seen what happened. But that's a really good theory, hearing the voices of the veil being similar to those who can only see thestrals.

[Hollow point]"[quote="PadfootReturns

Didn't Dumbledore say that power behind the locked door is something Voldemort can't stand? Condsidering Voldemort couldn't take over Harry, wouldn't that power be love?yes  
The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff