Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you wear them?
  yes
View Results

DreamerSpirit

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:46 pm
I never wear them... they're not much my style... sweatdrop

However, I accidentaly broke one of my ex's bracelets once, not having a clue what it meant, and ironically enough what tha color represented ended up happening within the week, and on top of that it was somthing I never thought would happen as soon as it did... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:38 pm
When I was in middle school nobody wore them, but we still got this huge lecture in health about their meaning and why they were "dangerous." It was incredibly stupid.  

cwthewolf

A Sleeping Darkness

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:22 pm
I think their actually called jelly braclets, but then they started selling them at the school I go to and then everyone there started calling them sex braclets or at least that's how I found out about them. I think it's really stupide, can't even wear something anymore without it being called something different.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:44 am
Funny enough, they were never popular at my school. I wore them all the time when I was in high school, and I wear them on occasion now, mainly out of sheer laziness to put them all on is why "on occasion". I knew about the whole sex bracelet game but thought it was dumb, and did not apply to me since that is not why I wore them.

I never had anybody say anything to me about "sex bracelets" up until I met my friend Justin last year, because that's what he really wears them for.  

0157-H7

ringwraith10

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:31 am
If someone brings that up, I just laugh and ignore it. People who wear them know that's not what they're for. I, personally, think it was something made up by paranoid parents who didn't want their kids wearing those bracelets because they thought the bracelets made them look like "those bad kids who do drugs and kill people". sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:33 am
cwthewolf
When I was in middle school nobody wore them, but we still got this huge lecture in health about their meaning and why they were "dangerous." It was incredibly stupid.
3nodding That's not the true meaning of the bracelets, just as the true meaning of paganism is not devil worship, and the true meaning of the word "b***h" is NOT a curse word.  

ringwraith10

Yamin0

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:35 am
Fenderstratogirl
Whats up with these things?! THEY ARE JUST BRACELETS! I wear them and people are always like "Why are you wearing sex bracelets?" Im like "Uhhh"

Why do they call them this?

And what do all of them mean?

Im just curious...

I was told this not too long ago. I guess they have a certaini meaing to the color. If they break off due to someone you have to do the thing the color means.

black=sex
purple=butt smex

fourtunatly those are the only ones I know...effin people have nothing better to do than come up with new meanings for things don't they?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:45 am
...You know what? This is the most retarded thing on the face of the planet. (Ok... ALMOST the most retarded thing on the face of the planet.)

I mean come on! This is ridiculous. This 'game' has died out.

You know what? A school I went to BANNED these bracelets... BANNED them. It's a freakin bracelet! It's not like there's a sign attatched to it that says "BREAK THIS AND I'LL ******** YOU!" ...Geesh.

You'd think that people would grow brains eventually... I thought social darwinism would have killed out the retards by now.

Kupo Ikari

PauJon

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:32 am
What a childish game...i'v never even heard of sex bracelets much less this little game until I read it here. Though it actually strikes me as similar to the BDSM hanky codes for when attending one of those functions. You put one or more in your pockets, symbolising what your limits or likes is. Its a way of keeping the people you don't want from talking to you and the ones you want to talk to away. Its not a game there though, just a usefull little bit of etiquete.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:58 pm
BabyEaterLad
XD Are they really called "sex bracelets"?

I do wear some, and the ones I do wear, my money went to certain causes such as medical research and creating literacy.

(o___O);; That's why I wear and have mine at least.

Theres an organization, that you pay 5 bucks, and they give you one, and the money is for helping kids or so  

ChatuRRa

ringwraith10

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:12 pm
KupoWrath
...You know what? This is the most retarded thing on the face of the planet. (Ok... ALMOST the most retarded thing on the face of the planet.)

I mean come on! This is ridiculous. This 'game' has died out.

You know what? A school I went to BANNED these bracelets... BANNED them. It's a freakin bracelet! It's not like there's a sign attatched to it that says "BREAK THIS AND I'LL ******** YOU!" ...Geesh.

You'd think that people would grow brains eventually... I thought social darwinism would have killed out the retards by now.
Sadly, our society protects the idiots now, at their expense, of course. We have lawyers who will help sue anyone for anything because they'll get a little money. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:57 am
ninja -sneaks around-  

Neon Green Pirate

KoRnfucius

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:49 am
I don't wear them. I never have. And I never heard of their "meaning" until my 12-yr. old stepsister told me proudly one day. I was horrified.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:28 pm
They're just colourful and fun. Those things shouldn't be taken seriously.

Some of the meanings of those things are just absurd whee  

Funkyblueeyes

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:37 pm
*is still trying to read this without her brain melting into primordial gloop from trying to comprehend people are stupid enough to think this true*

. . . . . . Ok, let me get this straight......people genuinely believe that jelly bands denote what you like to do in bed?.......*tries not to kill herself from laughing so much*

That's got to be the best thing I've heard all day rofl We have them in the UK but they're just bracelets that were fashionable about ten years ago and are now back in the shops.

There are also charity bands that are a lot thicker available, and it used to be suggested that the different colours you chose showed whether you were gay, bi or straight among other things, but most of the general public threw it out for the steaming pile of horse poop that it was xd  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff