Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Characters
Why Roy is NOT I repeat NOT!!!! better than Marth!!!!!!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LemonManX

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:13 am
Hmm... me sensing lots of people thinking Roy is better than Marth because they can beat Marth's with their Roy's.

How good are those Marth players? Marth has so many advantages over Roy its hardly even funny. Poor Roy, as a Roy player I cannot even defend him.

He is a fun character to play and I'll use him in special Low Tier tournaments. But in the big leagues I'm afraid Marth destroys Roy.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:10 am
hes right roy may be good but marth is dangerous if you damage is to high he will kill you roy has to be really careful try to get to do something stupid then follow up quickly show him no mercy twisted  

Soul the demon

Magical Girl BunnyWinx

Angelic Spirit

9,675 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:11 pm
The entire basis of this argument is moot.

The characters of SSBM cannot... CANNOT be ranked as being worse or better than any other character. The success of any given character is due ENTIRELY to the skill of the player.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:26 am
Can't they? Wasn't aware that was proven.

I will pay the fact that it can depend on skill, but there are some characters who are pretty bad. Roy is one of them, Marth has more options that Roy does in terms of combos.

Roy can be used like a novelty, plus he's fun to play. But Marth is better.  

LemonManX

Dynasty_77

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:30 pm
Roy was my original main, back when i sucked, so he'll always be dear to me lol but i eventually realized marth pwns roy especially due to ken lol but i still enjoy whipping roy out evey now and then its like playing with a handi cap smile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:46 pm
Mmm Roy has novelty.  

LemonManX

goanime33

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:24 pm
That video really proves nothing. Who knows if the person playing Roy is really bad or just sucked for the video. You never know. Besides I am roy and I bet Marth all the time. Like Magical Girl Yossy said, all it depends on is the player.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:13 am
Roy has less match-ups that can be weighed into his favour though.

I'm good with Roy too, but he's not better than Marth. Marth > Roy.

Also I can't believe someone called Vyse a dumb a**... anyway, Roy while fun to play as has a fair few cons to his style that Marth doesn't suffer from.  

LemonManX

Spartan05089234

Unbeatable Genius

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:16 pm
Marth is my character. I used to use link, but he got annoying, so now I'm always white marth.
It sucks, though. the only person I know who can ever beat me at SSBM uses roy as his backup character, and he can win with him. (his main character is Cap'n Falcon, who he is pretty much god with.)  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:25 am
Well, its not impossible to win with Roy.

But if your having trouble just remember Marth has the advantage. Tipper his rear-end to Hell. The phire can't save Roy from a Marth with enough skill.  

LemonManX

Gear Sage

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:01 pm
OH YEA! MARTH PWNS!!! marth is also my favorite/best char. because he is fast and can pull off a lot of attacks for a short amount of time, to me nintendo sacrificed too much speed for power, so usually any of my friends who is really good at SSBM and with roy usually get mass murdered by me, because marth rulez!  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:17 am
The only thing I will disagree with is SephirothKen being the best in the world.  

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

crusnik 09

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:18 pm
roy is my favorite character since he has decent strength and range but marth lacks strength but makes it up in combos when u combine hime with the bunny ears making marth second but roy and marth's swords do more damage in certain places marth at the tip roy near the center

i dont see how sheik is the best  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:11 pm
crusnik 09
roy is my favorite character since he has decent strength and range but marth lacks strength but makes it up in combos when u combine hime with the bunny ears making marth second but roy and marth's swords do more damage in certain places marth at the tip roy near the center

i dont see how sheik is the best

1) Items are not used professionally.
2) Shiek, if you want to judge by tier list, is not best.  

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

ArcVyse

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 3:10 am
Man, I posted this a year ago.

I would have the world believe Dope and his Falco is the best player in the world if I had my way wink

Fox and Falco are the two best characters in the game as they are the only two characters ranked in SBR's top tier for SSBM.

---

Roy players can get good, VERY good. Look up videos of NEO playing as Roy, he is considered the best Roy in the world.

Now look up videos of Neo playing in tournaments, instead of using Roy, he'll be using Marth and Sheik.

You have to ask yourself why he wouldn't play Roy in tournaments.  
Characters

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff