What got you started? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Asrialys

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:02 am
SammySue
Just wondering why everyone started watching Stargate SG-1. Did someone else tell you about? Did you like the movie, noticed a TV series, and decided to watch it? Flipping through channels and saw it on? What?

It was several years ago. I think the fifth season was just starting or on the eve of it. But I didn't see those back then. Since I always watch Kids WB on Saturday mornings, The WB kept showing previews of the Stargate SG-1 episode that would show at 11 a.m. I watched it a few times because I liked the movie. So that's when I started watching it, but I can't remember what season The WB was showing.

Then I accidentally came across it on Sci-Fi a long time later (they were on the season with Jonas). But I still could not watch it regularly because for some reason, my parents' TV was the only one that had that station. But we eventually got it on all TVs and I became a regular viewer when I learned all the time slots the show as in. Thank goodness for Stargate SG-1 Mondays for getting me caught up.

I think the season with Jonas is the only one I've seen the least, but that's showing on Mondays now. But I think they restarted the entire series recently.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:32 am
I saw the movie, years before, and have watched it since episode one.  

The First Seraphor

Padme18

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:34 pm
I saw the movie years ago but didn't understand it until later on. I saw the show a few times and liked it, but never really watched it until a few years ago during sg-1 mondays then I started watching it on fridays and loved it.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:42 pm
I love Egypt and thought the movie rocked. ^_^ When I heard that Showtime had created a series, I just had to watch. I've been hooked ever since, my parents have been too!  

Karasu17

mahni_evans

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 11:35 am
I"m a sci-fi freak, so it was natural when this show came out... I think it was 9 years ago now? sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 5:44 pm
First saw the movie, then heard that there was going to be a series and that RDA was staring in it. That got me hooked. Then I discovered this unheard of actor named Michael Shanks...that made me stay biggrin Didn't actually see the whole pilot until 3rd or 4th season razz  

WolfeShade

Soloikos

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:24 am
I was away of the show for a while and then I just started watching it more and more and started really getting into it. At some point along there I made a conscious decision to commit to it and began memorizing actors' names.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:32 pm
i saw the movie and i loved it and then a year or 2 later, after we got cable, i was looking in the TV schedule and i saw it and i started watching and i got hooked, then i got my brother hooked, then i slowly got my mom hooked on it... biggrin
-Merlyn-  

MerlynLover

McShortstuff

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:32 pm
My dad.....he had seen the movie and I used to watch the show when I was younger and bored. THen I just started watching it agian and it was really cool. My dad went out and bought the DVD set for season 1 and it started there.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:18 pm
So my mom's a sci-fi freak, the show was on ever scince i can remeber and when i was old to realize what the heck was going on, i was angry that i hadn't payed attention sooner. Then i saw the movie, same Daniel YaY!!!!, different Jack not yay. Now i am extremely thankful for DVDs and Amazon.com  

woolfqueen

The Stargate Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces