Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Nintendo Guild
Would Nintendo be as popular if the sega company was still a Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would sega beat nintendo
Yes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No
76%
 76%  [ 10 ]
It would be a tie
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Neither would win
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 13

D000M

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:02 pm
teekee603
KAZ Joker
darkphoenix1247
Not a chance. This is probably a little biased, as I love Nintendo, but I still don't think so. The games that it had were not nearly as good. Obviously, this does not apply to Sonic and Crazy Taxi, but has anybody heard of any other games for Sega? I haven't, but I know there were others, showing they just weren't good enough to be popular.

Actually, I own one and I still can't think of any others. stare

LOL.That is true.What was I thinking sweatdrop

Toejam & Earl, Ecco the Dolphin, Shinobi, Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, Virtual Fighter, Shenume, Space Harrier, Phantasy Star, Monkey Ball, Chu Chu Rocket, Alex Kidd, Skies of Arcadia.

stare

I love Nintendo, but I still have love for Sega, too.

Anyway, no; I don't believe that Sega could beat Nintendo, because they ******** up royally with the Sega CD, and 32X add ons for the Genesis.

The Sega CD was not successful for obvious reasons (*cough*FMV games*cough*), though the CD did have a few gems (Sonic CD, Snatcher, Lunar, etc.). Then they released the Saturn just a few months after they released the 32X and stopped supporting the system with games. Many people who bought the 32X were pretty pissed off (and rightfully so).

The Saturn is probably still the greatest system for 2D graphics, but it did not have the sufficient 3D hardware, in a time when we were moving into that age. It could do 3D graphics, but it was much more difficult to acheive, and they didn't look as good as the PS or N64's.

By the time the Dreamcast dropped, everybody ignored it, because they wanted the PS2, even though it was a great and innovative system, with great games.

In the end, Sega killed themselves with their poor console marketing. By the time they made up for their mistakes and released the Dreamcast, the damage had already been done.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:05 pm
Edymion
Skies of Arcadia isn't online wink Phantasy Star Online has non-online play, and you can go multi-player.

Sonic Adventure Battle 2 is a decent/good game.

Skies used to be online when it was on Dreamcast.  

D000M

_CFTM
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:29 am
I think the Dreamcast is still somewhat alive in Japan, since there are still Dreamcast games being released over there, though not too many.

As for whether Sega would have beaten Nintendo, I'm likely to think they wouldn't. Since I don't know too much about Sega, I'll just paraphrase what somebody told me: "Sega makes good games, but not always the best systems."  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:10 pm
I respect SEGA I really do but they meesed up with the consoles and now are doing better with Nintendo.......but I kinda miss the Mario VS sonic war sweatdrop  

Digital Knight07

Aekea Hero

9,625 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Brandisher 100
Nintendo Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers