Back to Guilds

Tags: neopets, neopia 

Reply Neopia Central
Neopets finally gone too far with sponsors? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Has Neopets finally gone too far with sponsors and trying to make money?
  Yep.
  Nope.
View Results

Aimers

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:03 pm
Back in the old days, it was easier to pay for. Now with millions of users, it prolly gets really expensive.

I think sponser games are okay, but I will admit that the ads piss me off a bit, too.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:57 pm
Everybody can know how lutari island looks likes but you can't actually go to the places it offers unless you have it on your phone.  

P A N D A P P L E.

amandahoughton

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:45 am
i think neopets should do a donation setup like gaia. offering rare never to be released items for a small donation seems reasonable. but thats just my opinion smile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:08 pm
way too far! its hard to keep doin stuff with out havingt hose annoying ads everywhere! the ones that pop up in the screen are so annoying they wont go away!  

Mika Ishsilleh

P A N D A P P L E.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:27 pm
amandahoughton
i think neopets should do a donation setup like gaia. offering rare never to be released items for a small donation seems reasonable. but thats just my opinion smile

It's called premium. Which is a bit expensive I might say.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:48 am
I joined over one year ago, it was pretty good then. There was one banner ad at the top of every page, and often it was something to call attention to a plot, or something like that. It was a swift decline from there. There's a gamming pro avatar thing, and to get it you have to submit your score for 200 games! There aren't 200 games on the site, which means you have to play every new sponsor game that comes out. On the other hand I can't remember what the last ad I saw on gaia was. TNT is making things explode around our ears.  

Kallio

x_betrayal_x

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:49 pm
All those things help make neo free *shrugs* And I have never had a single pop up a ever.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:33 pm
*le gasp*
First we were promised no ads would ever appear on the site.
Then we were promised there would only be small ads on the site.
Then we were promised only two ads would appear on the site.
Now there are currently three ads on each page, plus ones that sometimes pop up in the middle of the screen - making RSing quite difficult sometimes.
Sponsor games and sponsor items are everywhere.
Four out of the sixteen shops on the main map in Neopia Central are sponsorship ones. There are also three in the bazaar.
You can pay $7.99 a month now to access more special features to improve your gameplay.
And now, Lutari Island, an entire new land - only accesible if you get Neopets Mobile on your cellphone?
Seriously. I'd just like to know what the ******** has happened to Neopets.
I signed up six years ago and the site had been reduced to a pile of mindless consumerism and capitalist crap.
I realize Neopets is a gigantic site and costs a lot to upkeep - but what the hell has happened?

Discuss:
- Has Neopets finally gone too far with sponsors?
- Anything else relevant to this topic.

noticed all that happened cine MTV bought it? they are money hungry evil
i do understand lutari island though because in order to allow it to be mobile they do need ALOT of money to do it =/ so the 2.99 per account does covor the fee's, i do feel they either 1) need less ebil ads ..or.. 2) find a different place that will choose better ads cfor the site =/
and sponser games are quite nice they practiclly give away neopoints blaugh , and as long as they arent like how le tea originally was i really dont think many mind 3nodding  

airo-blast

Chocolatism

Dedicated Citizen

10,850 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:40 pm
Certified Dyke

Discuss:
- Has Neopets finally gone too far with sponsors?

YES!  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:21 pm
I am getting really pissed off at the banners that flash! stressed They are so annoying!

I had to put my two cents in. ^^  

EBthePurple

Yaymeimashi

8,650 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:27 pm
I went ahead and got premium, but not because the ads bothered me. I did it becaue I was going to be at college by myself with nothing but the internet for company mosto fthe time, and I needed something to do. After I bought it, I had to get a job to pay ff my credit card. So, in essence, it did what I wanted it to do. It gave me something to do. *sigh*. And, I love the sponsor games. It's like, easy money, dudes.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:44 am
The adds get me mad, but something else gets me madder.
THE NC MALL!
Why should we have to pay for pixles that expire after 3 months?  

Elenique

Mettekka

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:50 pm
the NC mall is bullshit  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:47 am

Some of the ads I've seen....
are not really family friendly neutral

Chanirrasda

WiseWillow

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:57 pm
Honestly, the ads don't bother me. They need to make money- fine. No problem with it. What annoys me is the strictness of the filters. Honestly, what child has never heard the word damn?

Also, Neo freezes way too easily. They have control issues.  
Neopia Central

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff