8%
 8%  [ 17 ]
cosplayers scare me....
8%
 8%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 191

Demon of Cute

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:03 am
There were an absolute ton of cosplayers at the last con here in Australia, but the female Sasuke cosplayer was by far the best one 3nodding
However I plan to top all of them by making the best Neji costume wink BTW I really love that cosplayer of Kakashi, he looks exactly like him biggrin How'd he get his hair like that? And the cosplayer of Gai-sensei is cool too, but much more funny than anything else whee  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:20 pm
bump  

Zrana

7,650 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100

|_Amari_

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:27 pm
Zrana
|_Amari_
Urg..No. Cosplayers scare me. I wouldn't even dress like that at HOME. I don't know how people can dress up like that. You guys aren't kids anymore. It's ok to like some kiddy stuff, but you don't need to take stuff to the extreme. Sorry to " flame " anyone, but that kind of stuff makes me look cool. o_O

You flame to look cool? That's stupid, flaming to look cool makes you look like a jackass in my book.

I don't care if others don't like to cosplay. Yes, there IS such a thing as bad osplay, but it's an expression of oneself so I don't care if others don't like it.

I think fewer people would bash cosplayers costume quality if they ever tried to make a costume of any difficulty themselves. It's ain't easy, sometimes you just don't have the sewing or construction skills, other times you just CAN'T find the right material and have to make do with what you have.

And I don't think of it as kiddy. And awesome costumes knows no age, otherwise there wouldn't be a costume designer for movies, and without good costumes some movies would look sucky as hell. Ever seen a killer halloween costume? I bet it wasn't a little kid wearing it. Little kids go well with cutesy costumes. Anime characters are all little kids, so thus we have older people cosplaying.

I mentioned movies. Movies have actors. Actors have costumes. Cosplay comes from "Costume and Play". So cosplaying is like role-playing. ALL AGES of people like to role-play, so cosplay can be taken in that way.

People at Scifi conventions sometimes wear costumes, from a cheapo Star Trek uniform shirt to full out Storm Troopers and Klingons. Gaming conventions have alot of Vampires running around (usually from a LARP aka Live Action Role Play--and LARPs are PG-13 deals usually at teh LEAST), and other various fantasy creatures from Elves to Wizards and then some. And then there's SCA and other re-enactment groups. Those period outfits are costumes, and is dominantly teens and adults--not little kids.

So dressing up in costumes isn't a little kid thing. Costumes aren't just for trick-or-treating.

But if you don't like it, no problem. You may not understand it, but others do, so it's never going to go away. 3nodding

Erm..No, when I said " That kind of stuff " I meant cosplaying, not " flaming " people. o_O But it's just my opinion which doesn't count for much. Lol, you don't need to defend what you like, it's your business. I'm simply saying I wouldn't do that. But hey, if ya'll can go out looking like that, then I have to say ya'll some brave people.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:44 pm
|_Amari_
Erm..No, when I said " That kind of stuff " I meant cosplaying, not " flaming " people. o_O But it's just my opinion which doesn't count for much. Lol, you don't need to defend what you like, it's your business. I'm simply saying I wouldn't do that. But hey, if ya'll can go out looking like that, then I have to say ya'll some brave people.

Oops. Careful how you string sentences together, I didn't mean to misunderstand that bit.

Cosplaying helped me get over my self-consciousness.

All throughout middle school and highschool I was always afraid to stand out and risk embarrassment. Even though I had nothing to be ashamed about or hide, I'd always whear a shirt over my swimsuit, etc.

When you choose to make a costume like this:
User Image
That in itself teaches someone to be comfortable in their own body.

I'm an artsy type, was always into playing dress up and 'make believe' as a kid, so Cosplay immediately became the thing for me.

Plus at my first con, everyone I was staying with cosplayed, so I thought it was the thing to do too--I didn't want to be left out!  

Zrana

7,650 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100

RedCrow108

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:24 pm
I went as Sexy-no-jitsu Gaara, because I'm the wrong gender for all the cool characters, plus I have dreads. I'da gone as Shikamaru otherwise.

I figured: Gaara doesn't give a damn about his hair. If it were long, it would probably be tangled. So I got hair gel/paint and dyed 2/3 of the lengths red, and the botom half black. It ended up looking like I had blood caked in my hair, and it left smears on my neck. It was awesome.

After that there was a red-tank-top, black pants I had serious trouble getting on and off, mesh gloves, face-paint, the sandles (very complicated: black socks and spray-painted flip-flops) and a large black over-coat thingy. And I found this big tube that was black, an about ten inches in diamiter. I painted the MWM's on it.

I'd post my pic, but I ended up sneezing at the critical moment and them my didgital camera ran out of juice.

Suffice to say, I had a hella good time, although the Naruto cosplayer group at Comic-con was patheticly small.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 7:39 pm
I haven't cosplayed yet, but I am planning to at Otakon 05... I wanna be

TSUNADE

I only saw one Tsunade at Otakon 04 and it wasn't that good.

Wish me luck!  

QuasiAngel

Fnargh

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:27 am
Its a pic of me... Im Gaara! http://www.kramkalas.com/functionPage/fetch_image.php?userid=48646&reference=Gaaragumman  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:04 pm
some naruto cosplay of mine and some others from AX this year...

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=167584
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=167582
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=167576
http://images.cosplay.com/photo.php?photo=14008&exhibition=117&u=407-174  

persimon

CatEarzRSexi01

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:01 pm
Zrana
bump

wait Zrana I thought u said no bumping in this guild????  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:03 pm

OO coooool... are you the Orochimaru?  

Camui
Crew

CatEarzRSexi01

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:06 pm
it's funny people who in Naruto mostly age 13 cosplayers age 23. lol  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:06 pm

OO coooool... are you the Orochimaru?

hai hai!!
orochimaru is me ^^  

persimon

Reprieve
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:12 pm
K4kashi
Zrana
bump

wait Zrana I thought u said no bumping in this guild????
If a crew member sees a dying thread that is still a very good one they are welcome to bump it once, but once only for that time since one post will jump you to the first page anyway, lol.

Such cool cosplay everyone! ^_^  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 1:47 am

hai hai!!
orochimaru is me ^^

XDD You make an awesome Orochimaru!!  

Camui
Crew

Titicko

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 9:01 am

LOL. F-U-N-N-Y.  
Naruto Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]