Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 21: ...And the Cow Jumped Over the Moon...
How did the cow jump over the moon? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you believe it?
  yes
  no
  gold
View Results

riny_mew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:41 pm
I think that the cow wasn't intending to jump OVER the moon...he wanted to take a bite of it
(cuz its made of cheeese DUH)
but over shot the target...i find that logical dont u?
of course u do!
can i have a cookie?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:52 pm
I know I'm not the only one to ponder this(obviously). How did that cow jump over the moon? Could it fly? Of course not. The song, after all, does not say "and the cow flew over the moon," now does it? That also leaves out the possibilities of a rocket ship, jetpack, levitation, and telekinesis. Did he use a trampoline, perhaps a giant pogo stick? Now that's just silly. A trampoline could never launch someone that high, nor could a pogo stick. What options does that leave us? Was it a miracle of God? Unlikely. Why would God waste a miracle on a jumping cow? I've thought about this subject, and I believe I have an answer.

If you take into account there is no true "up" in space, I could, technically, be over the moon right now. While the moon is over me and Earth below, this would not be true were I on the moon. Were I on the moon, the moon would then be below me and Earth over me. As Earth would now be over me, so would all the people on Earth. Therefore, as I am on Earth, were I to jump, I could technically be jumping "over" the moon. The term "over" is all a matter of perception, and is not defined in the poem/song as to whose perception it is, nor where that person is at the time.

Angel_of_Vengeance

[.Inside Joke.]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:57 pm
The cow could never jump over the moon. I ate it before it could run away! biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:39 pm
^ eek  

TintedShades

Angel_of_Vengeance

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:11 pm
[.Inside Joke.]
The cow could never jump over the moon. I ate it before it could run away! biggrin
*WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!*  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:14 pm
He had really bouncy shoes.
3nodding  

Siharu

TintedShades

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:07 am
Rubber hooves, perhaps?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:02 pm
Tsk tsk tsk.
The cow jumped over the moon by...
*drumroll*
... eek
How did it jump over the moon..?
ZOMG.
I bet it flew! *Goes to make some calculations*

[x] C L I C K !

Ms Jo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:25 am
the boy was laying down in the meadow they were in and didn't see the bee sting the cows nose, only noticed it kick up it's heals in response and from his view point, seemed to "jump over the moon" ... or maybe it was when the dog that herds the cows nipped the cow on the ankle, ... or when the little calves get frisky the boy said it was a cow because it sounded better just like the boy on "To Think I saw it on Mulberry Street" ...  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:29 am
    It.. was an acrobat? surprised

Sapphire Zelda

TintedShades

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:14 am
It was a mutant space cow 0_o  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:23 pm
Im pretty sure the cow jumped over the moon. One time in physics I did a presentation about all the energy transfers it would take for teh cow to do it.. and now that im in exercise science.. im lead to believe that the cow would have probably had to train hard, so the hypertafy in his leg muscles would be able to do teh jump.. but futher more.. have we ever considered if the cow was on.. "performance enhancing drugs" DUNDUNDUN!! LOL blaugh  

secret wings

TintedShades

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:43 pm
A drugged cow?!?!?! Who could do such a thing?!! Unless it did it on it's own... I must pontificate this further! whee  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:36 pm
TintedShades
A drugged cow?!?!?! Who could do such a thing?!! Unless it did it on it's own... I must pontificate this further! whee

i thought the hypothesis should at least be put into consideration lol blaugh  

secret wings

21: ...And the Cow Jumped Over the Moon...

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games