Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:24 pm
ness8
Klaus
That indeed makes you a good fighter, but I think a true champ would be able to dominate with all aspects of the game.

Just my opinion.
i second this and it rings true. if you have to go into a contest where you have to have items off and feel this makes you pro then you are clearly mistaken my friends it's easy to combat a hammer or any other weapon.

The point of removing items is to eliminate any variables, and leave just the two competitors to fight only using their abilities. Items add an element of luck, and since it does not require skill to use them (for the most part), it kind of defeats the purpose of having a tournament of skill. I think that items are fine for casual games/tournaments, but if you are serious about proving yourself as a good smasher, items should always be turned off.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:43 pm
Melomaniacal
ness8
Klaus
That indeed makes you a good fighter, but I think a true champ would be able to dominate with all aspects of the game.

Just my opinion.
i second this and it rings true. if you have to go into a contest where you have to have items off and feel this makes you pro then you are clearly mistaken my friends it's easy to combat a hammer or any other weapon.

The point of removing items is to eliminate any variables, and leave just the two competitors to fight only using their abilities. Items add an element of luck, and since it does not require skill to use them (for the most part), it kind of defeats the purpose of having a tournament of skill. I think that items are fine for casual games/tournaments, but if you are serious about proving yourself as a good smasher, items should always be turned off.
if your going to be a champ items shouldnt matter to you a champ should adapt to all situations also items are random were they drop so you and your opponet have a 50% of getting the item the luck part is what comes out but also luck does nothing you can Dodge,Catch,Reflect,Shield,and move out the way of every item  

PKWill

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:25 pm
PKWill
Melomaniacal
ness8
Klaus

Just my opinion.

if your going to be a champ items shouldnt matter to you a champ should adapt to all situations also items are random were they drop so you and your opponet have a 50% of getting the item the luck part is what comes out but also luck does nothing you can Dodge,Catch,Reflect,Shield,and move out the way of every item

Then a starman drops in front of your opponent. /logic
The elimination of items in tournaments has been thought out, it's the right thing.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:22 am
Melomaniacal
PKWill
Melomaniacal
ness8
Klaus

Just my opinion.

Then a starman drops in front of your opponent. /logic
The elimination of items in tournaments has been thought out, it's the right thing.

A little late here, but he's right.  

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

Pumpkinbot

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 2:45 pm
dmoney23045
how would u feel if u was uwas about 2 win the champion chips in smash bros. n u lost cause someone killedu with a hammer
I'm sorry, but this is really bugging me. Please type out your words clearly and with proper punctuation. It makes it a lot easier to read.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:42 pm
Items show no skill because of the element of surprise (i.e. a noob owning a smasher with a hammer) and therefore, that's why all OFFICIAL tournies dont got items.

Enough said mrgreen . Champs prove themselves by winning without items and showing only pure skill.  

BeezyBalla

Techniques

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces