Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Lavender Lounge .: Questions and Assistance :.
Looking for Name Suggestions (Pagan Weight Watchers) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:13 pm
Strange things happen. I haven't been able to walk much, what with a week steady on 12 hour backshitfs and tepretures between 27-30 daily. If I had tried, I'm quite sure I'd have melted into a Gypsy's sized puddle of ick, but one thing I can say is that I'm not retaining as much water. I'm drinking way more of the stuff, and I'm starting to reach for it at home now instead of other things.

Food wise, I just eat better. Less fast food with an occasional treat. Tomorrow's treat is Chinese food. xd Maybe I can get my lazy behind off the computer tomorrow and hit the public pool and do some laps, then I can really earn my treat.

I just wish I could get off the backshift... I have 15 shifts left for the summer, then I can get a decent schedule going for myself again for both eating and sleeping.

Enjoy your movie! We went a couple of weeks ago, me with a Jack Sparrow plushie tucked snugly into my bossom. It's a bit on the long side, but very awesome.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:12 pm
I don't eat fast food at all. Like... Ever. I haven't eaten out in years. Except Pizza, but always delivered. And I don't eat much of the stuff. (I do prefer home made.) I walk all the time, but I hardly lose any weight.
I know why, though. Its because I really don't eat properly. Like all I've eaten today is eggo's, and that wasn't until 1:30 PM. I'm hungry agian, though. So I'm going to go eat.

Winter Black
Crew

The Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:55 pm
Eating properly is definately a big help. I maintain a big part of my proble is being umable to maintain a regular eating schedule. I can eat normally on days off or day shift, but backshift throws that all out of whack; my first back shift I'll eat twice as much in the run of the day simply because I'm up for so long. Then for my remaining backshifts, I'm sluggish all night because I'm tired and not particularly well rested. Nine more shifts, and I'm free...  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:37 am
Squee! I have a yay moment!

Although I haven't lost any weight, I have noticed that I'm reducing in body mass, which for the time being is just as good. What made me notice this was that I engaged in my least favorite pass time: I went shopping for new clothes.

This is usually the most traumatizing ordeal I can put myself through because nothing ever "fits"; if it fits me around the waist, it don't fit in the butt. If it fit my boobs, I felt like I was swimming in fabric. My mother loves taking me to Pennigtons, the local plus size store, but this year, there was absolutely nothing that fit. Not even their smallest sizes. So I went on my own to the mall, found a store and started trying on.

Not everything fit; mostly tops, but I'm broad across the shoulders, thick through the rib cage, and abundant in the bosom and most girly shirts aren't made to fit like that. But my pants are a size 14, and are almost perfect! They're too long, since I'm short, and could have been a little smaller around my waist, but the size 12's (next size down) were just too small. I was wearing size 16's the last time I was shopping! It was after that that I noticed that my legs are thinner, and some of my rolls aren't as pronounced as they used to be.

Squeee!! Finally, I can find clothes that I like and that fit.

The Bookwyrm
Crew

Winter Black
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:43 am
Good for you, Gypsy! I notice a reduction in size, but not in weight, as well. We're turning our fat into muscle, which, in the end, weighs more, but also reduces our size in general. ^_^  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:47 pm
Which is justs as good!

I traumatized one of my room mates today by actually putting on one of the outfits, doing my hair and putting on a bit of make up before the group went out to catch a movie. He's apparently just discovering that I'm a girl. blaugh

It felt so good, though. I haven't felt that good in my clothes in a long time.

The Bookwyrm
Crew

Winter Black
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:30 am
Ecellent! Good for you! [hugs] I'm glad you're feeling good in your clothing, now!

My clothing is starting to get a little too big now. XD I need to get this job (I have an interview today!) so I can buy new clothings.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:47 am
Winter Black
Ecellent! Good for you! [hugs] I'm glad you're feeling good in your clothing, now!

My clothing is starting to get a little too big now. XD I need to get this job (I have an interview today!) so I can buy new clothings.

*crosses fingers* I hope you get it hun! And congrats on the clothes not fitting any more. wink It's gonna feel awesome when you get to go shopping and you fit nicely into that smaller size. Makes a big difference in how you carry yourself afterwards.

The Bookwyrm
Crew

Winter Black
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:37 am
For sure! <3
And thank you!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:44 am
Hi i was just popping in i think i might actualy do this. I find that if i know other people who are doing a diet or something im more motivated to do it. I have a real problem with actualy eating at a good time of the day recently because of me being sick i have been waking up around 6 at night and just yelling at my b.f to bring me drink and food. Im also a huge baker which isnt to bad sept i love to eat the batter XD I dont really eat alot of the stuff i make though thats what roomates are for. I just got done making cupcakes filled with pudding actualy yum yum. I need to drink more water too i used to drink alot more then i am now because our tap was so bad we always had store bought water what was kept cold int he refrigerator now we just have tap and l will fill a pitchure up with water but my roomates will drink it then not fill it back up with water again and i cant drink warm water. anysways thats all for now ill post how it goes when i see results.  

Ezinu

Unbeatable Hoarder

4,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Member 100
  • Trader 100

The Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:07 pm
Welcome aboard! 4laugh  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:30 am
i wont be able to start the excersize till im healthy again.=(  

Ezinu

Unbeatable Hoarder

4,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Member 100
  • Trader 100

Winter Black
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:41 am
Thats alright. Just tell us when you start, and maybe keep track of it in your Gaia journal.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:38 pm
I get to start exercising in ernest next week! Matty is going to be my gym buddy, and I'm gonna go pump me some iron! I can't wait. The best part about moving back for school is the free membership to the school's fitness center.  

The Bookwyrm
Crew

The Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:07 pm
Squeee! I've lost four pounds since I finished my rotating shift schedule and was able to sleep normally and eat during decent hours! This means I've lost a total of 9 lbs! 4laugh  
The Lavender Lounge .: Questions and Assistance :.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games