Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:28 pm
KupoWrath
Alrighty. I'll try that.

Thank you for the advice Luri-sama. It's greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure how much help it will do though. She's a pretty stubborn person, and she's never liked me.

(Because I 'caused her to get fat')

And I don't do enough work around the house to earn my keep even though I hardly ever eat, I always cook and clean, and buy my own clothes.

I even pay rent. (Well... it's more of I pay for my internet, phone and cable usage... Even if I don't really use that much.)

But still, I don't complain. I know life's hard on her right now with Dad overseas and stuff.

But he's no better. He just sent me the worlds most threatening e-mail.

And he's NOT one I can sit down and have a conversation with... He's military...

And suggestions for him?

Ouch, it sounds like you've already been walking on eggshells trying to be as helpful as possible, and she is still upset with you. *Sigh* I know stuborn people, being one myself at times... but I decided a long time ago that people should be free to make their own decissions and choices whether I agree with them or not.

As for bringing it up with your dad.. I would suggest waiting until he's home so you can talk to him "Face to face, man to man" so to speak. Perhaps it would be easier to discuss if you are actively participating in a hobby you both enjoy together. That way he would be a bit more relaxed and at ease. I would also suggest having a backup plan in case he does blow up. Attempt to ease into the conversation, and test the waters first before actually diving into the topic more in depth...

However, if it's really impossible to talk with him when he is home, then I suppose it is going to be difficult at best, and impossible at worst to really convey things to him. Ugh, I feel like I'm starting to run out of useful advice sadly. ^^* I don't have a lot of actual experience with military men in all honesty, so I'm not sure on the best way to approach it.
So, when all else fails, be yourself. Be as normal and natural as you can. Don't put on a facade or lie. Be honest about yourself and your feelings and hope for the best/plan for the worse.

Sorry I can't be of more help.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:32 pm
You're a great help Luri-sama! I'll give it a try. Frankly, I don't fear for myself.. so if I get hit that doesn't matter.

As long as it's me and not my younger siblings, it's fine.

So I suppose I could talk with the both of them... though it will be hard for me to keep my cool. ^^;;

He'll be home sometime this month... So maybe if I can convince my mother that I'm not evil, she can help me convice my father...

Eh.... Highly improbable, but worth a shot.

Thank you Luri-sama... I love you. ^^ <3

Kupo Ikari

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:36 pm
KupoWrath
You're a great help Luri-sama! I'll give it a try. Frankly, I don't fear for myself.. so if I get hit that doesn't matter.

As long as it's me and not my younger siblings, it's fine.

So I suppose I could talk with the both of them... though it will be hard for me to keep my cool. ^^;;

He'll be home sometime this month... So maybe if I can convince my mother that I'm not evil, she can help me convice my father...

Eh.... Highly improbable, but worth a shot.

Thank you Luri-sama... I love you. ^^ <3

Hey, you never know what you can do until you try, right? I really do wish you the best of luck and hope for you that things will turn out for the best.

Careful what you say, ceilisidhe might get jealous. lol ...and then realize you don't swing that way. ^_^

A small bit of cheer and laugher always go a long way to help heal wounds.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:43 pm
Haha... I'll keep that in mind. Wouldn't want to upset the great ceilisidhe.. ^^

Again, thank you for the advice. I'll let you know how it works out. ^^

Kupo Ikari

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:50 pm
KupoWrath
Haha... I'll keep that in mind. Wouldn't want to upset the great ceilisidhe.. ^^

Again, thank you for the advice. I'll let you know how it works out. ^^

All right, keep us posted, and try to keep yourself safe if at all possible.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:44 pm
I really respect your decision to wait around enduring the hardships in order to support your little sister. That's damned commendable.

Eck, destroying everything that 'looks homosexual' because homosexuals have a certain look about them and always wear the same things do they?

Well, you'll be getting out of there in a year, and the hair will gorw back. Good luck!  

Celria

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:19 am
my parents do the same stuff to, the raid my room and take away my clothes or anything "gothic or satanic" they find. my parents forbid me to go into hot topic or buy anything goth/punk in apperance. they wont let me be associated with ANYTHING goth/punk at all, al they see is stereotypes and everytimes i try explaining this or anything they hit me or call be " abnormal" or a "freak" and my dad hits me just for being who i am and then he locks me outside for 4 hours. they don't even know i have this gaia or anyother millions of things i have/do, i have to be insanelly carefull in everything i do so i'm a pretty good liar now sadlly. they force their rreligion on me that i have never believed in at all and i really dont want to go through with all the religious stuff they are doing with me, i want to just be Christian because thats what i believe in but if i told them that they would send me to some private reliogious baording school and take away all my electronics and music and most of what i own. and i'm not allowed to see so many movies or read books or eat what i want to. religion is tied to everything they do and they're just not acepting of other people/ideas/and sub cultures that well.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:21 am
stay safe and i hope your hair will come back soon.  

Henneth Annun
Captain

.+Melanthios+.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:17 pm
i know, parents can sometimes be your worst enemy. yours are pretty harsh, though. Do your best and tell us when you get your hair back!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:40 pm
dude i ahve some words for you,if your parents are gonna do that then ******** them im very happy that you are taking and adopting your sister that is what a real person does although i am straight i have a few gay friends and i always support them,recently my gay friend had got into a car crash and died so this is a tribute to him dude we will all miss u and wish you the best of luck! your parents are oviously taking things way to far my parents take all my punk clothes and throw them away so now i am going to friends houses alot so i dont have to be with them so i wish you the best of luck and please keep us informed,!/ peace.  

MISFIT a.d.

slipknot_him_slut

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:54 am
almost everyone i know has gone through that....my mom used to do s**t like take my clothes and books and s**t but she wont hit me bause of my violent history....but i have a friend that's gay and when he first told hi mom she fliped out and took everything that wasn't baggie and she took him out to get his hair cut and took his makeup and nailed a bunch of crosses to his walls and made him read passages of the bible and told him that he was gonna rot in hell....so there are a lot of crazy people out there you'll be ok  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:40 am
If my mom did that, i would simply feel raped. I cant imagen how you feel. Thank god she didnt get to the BOS, or she woulda burnt it or something.  

Choboxer

5,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

_darkened_tears_

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:45 am
OMG I know exactly how you feel! I have 2 more years to put up with my bullshit parents who just don't get me or anything. I mean they get all worked up and hit me for the littlest things, like when they ask me something and I respond 2 seconds after instead of 1 its apparantly too late and I was "purposely ignoring them" (this happened like an hour ago today), or whatever. I'm not lowed to go anywhere except school, work, and anywhere like that. It's so stupid; I hate it so much!  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:52 am
That's so extreme.

I have a friend who's parents thought he was gay.
They made him go to church a lot and pray.
They also raided his room and took away his phone, t.v., black clothing and accesories, books, games and computer.

"No homosexual thoughts or we'll beat you."

D= Those were his parents' exact words.

Illuminee

Nazo no Kanjojin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:44 pm
Illuminee
That's so extreme.

I have a friend who's parents thought he was gay.
They made him go to church a lot and pray.
They also raided his room and took away his phone, t.v., black clothing and accesories, books, games and computer.

"No homosexual thoughts or we'll beat you."

D= Those were his parents' exact words.

My...GOD! that's terrible. My dad doesn't like hot topic. He's one of those people...he didn't want me looking like a, "Dead person" or a "zombie".

I wanted to get a bracelet. He asked me "what are you, a girl?"

If I "had those things on the next time I see you, I'll beat you"

My parents stink. And my mom nags me. They're worried about me going goth, but they don't notice me wearing black/dark clothes in the middle of the summer...-_________- Really bright parents, if I say so myself  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff