Submit

Dark Bunny Lord

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:22 am
LimeyFish8
Dark Bunny Lord
sora506
LimeyFish8
sora506
The US is gonna invade the minute they "say" the gov. is going madder. Go in, have war for 40 years, and leave things worse than ever, because we are like that. cool

But, but, they had a nuclear weapons program were being opressed by a facist dictator need to have a strong military presence until their government is set up uh, ******** it, we like killing and the government likes the power it gives it over us.
True and the fact the the dictator is a crazy-son-of-a only helps us to cover for it. 3nodding We're only waiting for the opportune moment. *Watched Pirates of the Caribbean for the third time this week*
No, they attacked us... repatativly over the years... and did anyone forget 9-11... if we sat back and did nothing what message does that send out? That we won't retaliate?

Sorry but even though the launch wasn't quite the best thing ever, the purpose behind sending troops to Iraq was a good one. Don't even start to blame this on bush... the president is a face, they make practically not decissions, they just give the final go around and hold less power than many other members of the government.

Terrorists attacked on 9-11, not the Iraqi military. Bush has, as commander in cheif, the power to send the Marines anywhere he damn well pleases and while he may only be a figur head all of the warmongering conservative representatives gave him permission to do what he wanted, they didn't tell him that he should ask to go to war, they agreed with him.
And thats whom where fighting. You see alot of this negative media showing the people that don't want us there but thats a small majority (I only know this because my long time friend Cody just got back from Iraq and told him that the majority of the time he was there most people seemed to enjoy there presense)
The media is simply playing off what alot of the protesters want to see for ratings... after all drama sells more than peace.
Not only that where not fighting the Iraqi military last time I checked, where fighting the Alkida.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:23 am
LimeyFish8
Dark Bunny Lord
sora506
LimeyFish8
sora506
The US is gonna invade the minute they "say" the gov. is going madder. Go in, have war for 40 years, and leave things worse than ever, because we are like that. cool

But, but, they had a nuclear weapons program were being opressed by a facist dictator need to have a strong military presence until their government is set up uh, ******** it, we like killing and the government likes the power it gives it over us.
True and the fact the the dictator is a crazy-son-of-a only helps us to cover for it. 3nodding We're only waiting for the opportune moment. *Watched Pirates of the Caribbean for the third time this week*
No, they attacked us... repatativly over the years... and did anyone forget 9-11... if we sat back and did nothing what message does that send out? That we won't retaliate?

Sorry but even though the launch wasn't quite the best thing ever, the purpose behind sending troops to Iraq was a good one. Don't even start to blame this on bush... the president is a face, they make practically not decissions, they just give the final go around and hold less power than many other members of the government.

Terrorists attacked on 9-11, not the Iraqi military. Bush has, as commander in cheif, the power to send the Marines anywhere he damn well pleases and while he may only be a figur head all of the warmongering conservative representatives gave him permission to do what he wanted, they didn't tell him that he should ask to go to war, they agreed with him.

(>^_^)>User Imageo(.__.o)

Plus, Bin Laden has nothing to do with Iraq.

The war in Iraq is for pure financial gain, because of Iraq's rich oil deposits.
[Yet ironically, oil prices increased because of war.]

And heh, Bush as figure head?
So are you saying that the government in general, is to be blamed then, and not only Bush?
Behind-the-scenes people? In a democracy? Surely not.
Oh, conspiracy theories.

All in all, this war in the middle east is unnecessary, as far as Iraq goes. And going against UN for this war?
Doesn't put the US government in the good light.

Jaejoong: We poked jellyfish at the beach.

Treya Ochiern

phildathrill

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:24 am
the resion we went to iraq from what i heard is they were seltering the terriest like spaying the house for ants and all the ants go to the back yard were do u have to spray now?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:25 am
sora506
Dark Bunny Lord
sora506
LimeyFish8
sora506

Good thing you said that, cause you know I was. But have you ever looked at the 911 footage. It looks like a controlled fall, like how demoltions break buildings. But I'll save my conspiracy theories for another day. I'm the first to admit I'm slow as hell but didn't this start with afghanistan? Terrorist were there we beat the crap out of them and went to Iraq for some reason no one ever explained to me. All I know is we've been over there, what, 4 years now and nothings better.
No, things are better, not as good as they should be and I'll agree on that point but they are better. Sadaam is no longer in his seat of power and many of the fanatic factions are widdeling down.
The war was not done effeciantly, thats what I am very disapointed about, however that doesn't mean it shouldn't of had been done.
Also, setting up that fall so we could go fight Iraq qould be idiotic, it caused a huge drop in economy there would be no point to faking that and bieng so evil and cold hearted as to kill that many of your own people simply for an opportunity to go kill more people.  

Dark Bunny Lord

phildathrill

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:27 am
and i bet u think we didnt go to the moon?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:28 am
Treya Ochiern
LimeyFish8
Dark Bunny Lord
sora506
LimeyFish8
sora506

The war in Iraq is for pure financial gain, because of Iraq's rich oil deposits.

So are you saying that the government in general, is to be blamed then, and not only Bush?
Oh, conspiracy theories.

All in all, this war in the middle east is unnecessary, as far as Iraq goes. And going against UN for this war?

Ok so what should we have done, just answer me that?
I don't think an all out war was the right move, but we had to make some move to stop the attacks and take the fight off our soild sense deffance wasn't working.
Oh and not behind the scenes but not in the same light as the president, many people seem to think the presedant as this all powerful person that can make any decision they wish... he can't start a war, he can only ok one proposed.  

Dark Bunny Lord

Dark Bunny Lord

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:28 am
phildathrill
Who me? I was shooting down the conspiarcy theory, not suppporiting it confused  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:29 am
Dark Bunny Lord
LimeyFish8
Dark Bunny Lord
sora506
LimeyFish8
sora506

And thats whom where fighting. You see alot of this negative media showing the people that don't want us there but thats a small majority (I only know this because my long time friend Cody just got back from Iraq and told him that the majority of the time he was there most people seemed to enjoy there presense)
The media is simply playing off what alot of the protesters want to see for ratings... after all drama sells more than peace.
Not only that where not fighting the Iraqi military last time I checked, where fighting the Alkida.

The media bandwaggoning on this aside, we aren't fighting Al Queda in Iraq. We are fighting them in Afghanastan in the War on Terror. The OIL has really turned into the US trying to win the inevitable civil war that we started by deposing and detaining their dictator. If anything before this in Iraq was our buisness, this most definitely is not. This war has not only strained our already weakened economy, it has also ruined our national image and given us a reputation that we have been trying to shake for years.  

LimeyFish8

phildathrill

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:30 am
it isnt even a war congress has never declared it as a war and we are still using "emergancy funding" to fight this "skirmish"  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:30 am
Know what, I'm just gonig to drop this. Don't want a hole bunch of people hating me in p-god over somethign like this.  

Dark Bunny Lord

phildathrill

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:32 am
Dark Bunny Lord
phildathrill
Who me? I was shooting down the conspiarcy theory, not suppporiting it confused

no i was talking about sora506  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:32 am
Dark Bunny Lord
sora506
Dark Bunny Lord
sora506
LimeyFish8
sora506

Good thing you said that, cause you know I was. But have you ever looked at the 911 footage. It looks like a controlled fall, like how demoltions break buildings. But I'll save my conspiracy theories for another day. I'm the first to admit I'm slow as hell but didn't this start with afghanistan? Terrorist were there we beat the crap out of them and went to Iraq for some reason no one ever explained to me. All I know is we've been over there, what, 4 years now and nothings better.
No, things are better, not as good as they should be and I'll agree on that point but they are better. Sadaam is no longer in his seat of power and many of the fanatic factions are widdeling down.
The war was not done effeciantly, thats what I am very disapointed about, however that doesn't mean it shouldn't of had been done.
Also, setting up that fall so we could go fight Iraq qould be idiotic, it caused a huge drop in economy there would be no point to faking that and bieng so evil and cold hearted as to kill that many of your own people simply for an opportunity to go kill more people.
That THEORY was on this video my dad sent me once. It ain't pretty, really make you think about crap. But not important right now. Sadaam was an evil dude and it's good that he's gone but I have only hear of one little city or village that we got under control. One. ONE. And that's on the edge. After all the things we've done and all the time that's passed we should have more to show for this war. I my opinion we need to, at the least, regroup and rethink some strategies or something.  

cookie_pirate_sora506

Tipsy Scarface

13,400 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Champion 300
  • Way Too Many Pies 300

LimeyFish8

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:33 am
Dark Bunny Lord
Treya Ochiern
LimeyFish8
Dark Bunny Lord
sora506

Oh, conspiracy theories.

Ok so what should we have done, just answer me that?
I don't think an all out war was the right move, but we had to make some move to stop the attacks and take the fight off our soild sense deffance wasn't working.
Oh and not behind the scenes but not in the same light as the president, many people seem to think the presedant as this all powerful person that can make any decision they wish... he can't start a war, he can only ok one proposed.

The President must ask congress to go to war, the final descision is made by the general assembly. I think this could have been handled quickly and cleanly with a couple of tactical snipers or a well placed car bomb and a motion made in the UN. People have no faith in international enforcement or intervention and this would be an opourtune placce to prove its usefullness.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:33 am
phildathrill
Haha very funny. stare  

cookie_pirate_sora506

Tipsy Scarface

13,400 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Champion 300
  • Way Too Many Pies 300

Dark Bunny Lord

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:34 am
phildathrill
it isnt even a war congress has never declared it as a war and we are still using "emergancy funding" to fight this "skirmish"
I know thats why I said I didn't approve of the methods but something did indeed need to be done.
I think my main problem with this that got me angry was people calling americans war mongerers because of the acts of corrupt members of the govt.  
Literate Hell

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff