for fun
  to scare someone
  no
  that doesn't sound good
View Results

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:35 pm
Kratos_Orion
Lables are used to disempower others so that you may feel powerful yourself.

Actually, that would (most likely) be a stereotype.
For example:

The label is "goth"

The stereotype is: blood-drinking devil-worshipping freak that wants nothing to do with society.

The label is: "Emo"

The sterotype is: manic-depressive teenager that cuts their wrists for attention.

Also, seeing as this is a guild that loves and worships (oh c'mon guys, admit it) a subculture that has a label (goth), it seems odd to protest and complain about it. You joined a guild that has the proud proclemation that it's about goth, one of those feared and evil labels.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:46 pm
Athiel
YuukiRendar
I dont really mind stereotypes.

And i dont like scaring children either. I love children. sweatdrop

And to be really truthfull, i revel in the stares. In the way that people whisper when i pass by. It might make me look vain,but why get upset.

Such truth. Let's all look deep withoun ourselves. Why is it that we do what we do? Because we like it?Do we think it's pretty? Of course we do!!! But seriously, who can deny that, not getting any stares or shocked whispers when walking past a crowd would kill some of the fun?
We revel in the sound of a child carefully asking her mother "Why did he/she look like thaaat?"
We adore the elders who loudly recite prayers as we pass them, shaking their heads while they make the Sign of the Cross.
It confirmes that we are good at what we do: Make people stare their eyes out in shock AND look good at the same time.

..But then, it might just be me.

Excellent, very true.

The vast majority of the alternative crowd (from your punks to your goths to your emos) would be best described as exhibitionists and non-conformists, usually with each helping the other along;

An exhibitionist LOVES for people to stare and gawp at them (I'm one, I know). The best way to achive this is to go against the social norm of a society, seeing as in modern western culture going against the norm of a culture this is wearing black and outrageous clothing: things which are favoured in alternative culture - which leads to non-conformists.

Non-conformists hate the norm, if suddenly the norm became people turning goth, they would almost definately become the former norm because they hate being part of a crowd of many. This means that a non-conformist would have attention because they're against the norm - which is what an exhibitionist craves.  

Isobel Bellamy

Dorian Requiem

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:04 pm
Exhibitionist, bingo. I dress differently for that reason to, I have done things for attention also. Though thats not the only reason I do things, am who I am, I will say, its my favorite part.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:20 pm
That does sound fun, but other stereotypes and such do various forms of this so called "fun"

But still, stop giving us a bad name, please.
It's hard enough that all of those stupid Christians think that we're devil worshippers and that we need "help." Trust me, I've gotten a LOT of crap from this.

[ Die Katze ]

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:45 pm
[ Die Katze ]
That does sound fun, but other stereotypes and such do various forms of this so called "fun"

But still, stop giving us a bad name, please.
It's hard enough that all of those stupid Christians think that we're devil worshippers and that we need "help." Trust me, I've gotten a LOT of crap from this.

Well it doesn't help your situation any when you call them "stupid," thus demonstrating harboured negative energy and emotions toward them as a group.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:15 pm
the only thing close to scraing some guy was when me n a friend were walking through a mall to use a bathroom

some guy came up to us and asked if we were witches O_O
so we respond
"yes and we do satanic rituals in my toilet every night and dance and fly on brooms to travell but ours our in repair thats why we're walking today ..you dumbass"

remember kids ask a stupid question you get a stupid answer!

xX x0mbie Xx

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:28 am
and this is why people i dont do it that often...  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:31 am
i never had to try and say anything weird for people to be weirded out they just dont talk to us they will try and throw things at me once a year in hopes that i will forget but i never forget any significant amout of anger for as long as i live which also may scare people but i talk about these things normally and people dont talk to me umless they are my friends [all three] or think im kidding or im purchasing something but other than those 3 no one talks to me who can see me  

grotesquekreeple

Starfish Attack

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:50 pm
the other day,i was at Kroger, and there were a whole bunch of liek 10 year old boys looking at me in amaze.its like theyd never seen so many chains and handcuffs on one pair of pants before lol.anyhoo i looked at them and they all stopped and in a really creepy deep demonic voice i said "i will eat you" and i didnt brake a smirk or move or anything and they ran off,eyes wide,i think they heard my hysterical laughter while they were running away though.....and some lady was looking at me like " o.0!!!"  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:35 pm
I like messing with people I start twitching when someone says something about me being goth and start saying false s*** I like fear twisted  

Kamadev

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:43 am
i twitch naturally when i'm angry or annoyed.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:41 am
The BEST BEST BEST thing was my freshman year in 3-D animation class we had to present a project we had been working on and I get up ti present(I am wearing a short pinkk skirt, pink shirt, and pink heels and I am blond) and I get up and everyone gasps and Is in shock at what I had made(apparently it was really scary.....and a few people said"Thats a hand its eating").......hahaha  

objektiv

Limerkins

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:54 am
If people stare at me I give them dirty looks.
So what if I dress in black a lot. Piss off.
LOL.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:27 pm
Hehe i can think of a few times ive done that. Only it was with obnoxious stuck up guys who decided to flirt with me...or feebly attempt to.  

NightmareElite

ComradeKira

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:38 pm
AHAHAHAAHAAHAHAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMFG!!! THAT WOULD BE SOOO FUN!!!!! YOU ARE PURE GENIUS!!!!!!!!!  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff