Welcome to Gaia! ::

The 'Read only manga' guild: Open to all who love manga!

Back to Guilds

The Best manga guild...ever. 

Tags: Manga 

Reply The 'Read only manga' guild.
Viz or Tokyopop? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which is better?
  Viz
  Tokyopop
  Others
View Results

flamingfox09

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:01 pm
id go shounen and my least favorite is tokyopop they have a lot of different thingsa  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:41 am
Well I like Tokyopop and had never heard of Viz until now, but after looking at their site I think I may like Viz a tiny bit more. sweatdrop  

55may55

Cletus1990

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:18 am
I'd say Viz...  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:58 am
Usually prefer VIZ and Darkhorse titles to Tokyopop ... but sometimes TokyoPop has some REALLY awesome manga! Like BLAME! And Battle Royale and Chobits! heart

In regards to Book quality tho ... i'd say VIZ neutral  

Miyune-chi

The Atheistic Messiah

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:29 pm
ogrin
i personally like shonen jump better than the other two, but they r both still good

Shonen Jump IS Viz. It's just a catagory of Viz.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:45 pm
Personally....TokyoPop, because they have more shoujo manga (that I like/ read)  

M3497109

Shirtless Fairy

The Atheistic Messiah

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:44 pm
Final Fantasy XII Lover
Personally....TokyoPop, because they have more shoujo manga (that I like/ read)

Viz has a lot more shojo than Tokyopop does.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:35 am
Viz and Del-Rey are my favorites. I don't like Tokyopop very much any more. I find they lack quality in their publishing.  

Findabhair_O

Muzzi23

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:59 pm
I like the series that VIZ has control of, more than TOKYOPOP. I mean I like a good amount of series that TOKYOPOP owns but...I don't like alot of it. And TOKYOPOP I think over declares their name on their published manga.

VIZ I believe also has more varied series. I mean through rating and topic. In TOKYOPOP, it seems as though most of the story lines have the same basic story line.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:57 am
i think i have more tokyopop, but i'm not sure. i don't care who publishes the manga, i just look for the good stories! it's just that simple. i find the genres i like and get them.  

emo_guyluver_666

squeakers_13

5,650 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:13 am
I agree. I don't really care who published it, as long as I get to read it!  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:33 am
i dont think it matters who publishes it as long as its good ive read good viz and good tokyopop  

Minxa

jackie9483

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:30 pm
personally, i think tokyopop is better  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:29 pm
Viz.
It's obvious they know what they are doing.
Sure there are some obvious flaws like religious editing and some grammar switches. But they do good work and know what we as fans want.

Tokyopop. Honestly is one of the worst out there. for one, I hate their logo. the red on every single book makes the cover art so ugly. I mean. I love the color schemes of the Fruits Basket series....and then theres the ucky red on the spin. gross.
And. tons of spelling errors. Pick up any volume of tokyo Mew mew and see for your self. spelling errors, text misplaced. god. the only redeeming and hardly, is that they published OEL manga. I lvoed Dramacon and Re:play.  

Noir-Harmonia

Heenims Petal

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:07 pm
i like Viz because they have very good artwork{not that Tokyo pop doesn't but viz's artwork just looks better} and i like Tokyo pop because they have really good plots. sweatdrop  
The 'Read only manga' guild.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff