Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
You know you're obessed with good grammar when... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The MoUsY spell-checker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:28 pm
wikkedwitch
When you post on any forum-based website... then hit edit to correct all those mistakes... then post it again... read through it to find a few more tiny mistakes... then post again... and continue this ritual for a half-hour, picking it apart until it's just perfect.

I take a long time to type each post because I'm worried that I'll get something wrong. Occasionally, some mistakes slip through and someone else will point it out (and I don't mind being corrected).

wikkedwitch
Also, when chatting with friends, you constantly correct them as follows:

xxxx: I jus bougt a new car dawg!!1
Vicky: just bought^
Vicky: , dog!^
Vicky: Also, I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't call me that.
xxxx: Whatevr.
Vicky: Whatever^
xxxx: stressed

...and correct yourself in the same way, due to your fast-paced messy typing skills.

I used to do that, but soon enough my friends got annoyed and stopped talking to me. Now I have a new group of friends (because I changed schools) and they find it funny, although they do type in chatspeak. gonk  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:06 pm
...when you write an entire livejournal entry devoted to your grammatical pet peeves (If you're interested....)

...when you spend your free time copy-editing on Wikipedia

...when the only challenge in the grammar lessons in English class are finding your teacher's mistakes or making lengthy justifications for corrections

...when you can actually have a full argument over the use of a comma

...when you use two semicolons in one sentence (and it's not just a listing mechanism)

...when using "if" for "whether" makes you cry

...when you suffer editing withdrawls

Yup. I'm a dork.

Keakealani

Intellectual Elocutionist

12,850 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Timid 100
  • Millionaire 200

JaNes_AdDiCtiOn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:12 pm
I only apply to one of these. I type out all the words, down to the punctuation on my text messages xd  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:54 pm
User Image
redface That's me! redface

User Image  

[Oh Johnny]

ObiWanKendrobi

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:10 pm
Litia_Echo
You start correcting your friend's grammer whenever they are talking.
You are told you are too proper because of the way you speak. (Even though you are a rocker or something.)
You get into small agruements with yourself about your own grammer.
You can pick out grammer flaws on people's T-shirts and the such.
That's all I can think of at the moment.
I do that. Even on messenger I correct people. I also yell (virtually) at people for using chatspeak that I can't understand. My family made fun of me for saying "soda" instead of "pop" and for speaking properly.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:19 pm
User Image

Haha, thats funny, but I dont get pissed off when my friends have bad grammar, because I like them for who they are, but I do get pissed off when their on msn and they talk to me in 'Msn Slang' Well heres mine
When you have a spazz attack for misspelling a word in a spelling and or Grammar test.
You get frustrated when you forget how to spell simple words like "of" and "how" (I forget how to spell 'of' once, and it was so funny because I screamed and got so frustrated because I couldnt remember how to spell it)
When you Correct a person from saying "Katie and Me" from "Katie and I"
Thats all I have xd

User Image

ll Sarcasm ll

Lissiwen

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:36 am
You yell at your parents when they don't say anything to correct you on the rare chance you do speak a grammatically incorrect sentence.

You stay after class to talk to the teacher asking why (s)he didn't take off any points in your essay when you made the obvious mistake of using who instead of whom.

Your favorite game in 5th grade was the “Thesaurus game” and you were not afraid to slap anyone who asked if it had something to do with dinosaurs.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:49 pm
Haha, sounds just like me. mrgreen  

Grammatical Errors

Excitable Trader

Missy Wyvern

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:23 am
When a friend passes you a note in class and you pass it back to them with corrections on it.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:26 am
You know you're obsessed with grammar when...
When no one wants to talk to you because you're overloading their brains with pure English.
When you end up correcting your English teacher's spelling, pronounciation and punctuation mistakes. (Honestly, who pronounces "thou" as "though"? She's supposed to be my English teacher! And she spelt "diaphragm" incorrectly.)

Aaand...that's it.  

Galadedrid Damodred

Chthonic Catnip

Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:11 pm
Klandy
Ok, almost every guild has this.
You know your obessed with good grammar when...
You type out every single word including punctuation in your text messeges.
You have to close your eyes so don't go blind, when your friend is typing/writing in improper english.
You get mad at your friend when she says grammar isn't important.
You memorize the banner for the guild and try to tell all your friends about it.
Ok, that's all I have for now.

sweatdrop sweatdrop sweatdrop
"Haha, oh gosh, that's me..."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:29 pm
You know you're obssessed with grammar when your school's English department gets brand new books and decides to just toss all their old ones. I took like thirty literature, grammar and vocabulary books. I'm insane.  

Sheep Kitchen

Wheezing Ladykiller

The MoUsY spell-checker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:40 am
You know you're obssessed with grammar when:

You're in a shopping centre looking for an ATM. You look at the directory, and you say out loud "That should NOT have an apostrophe!" upon seeing "ATM's" on the directory, totally forgetting why you looked at the directory in the first place.

Yes, I actually did that. Somehow, I don't think anyone paid any attention. May be I was too busy looking at the directory. xd After all, it was a big directory so I couldn't really be looking around at the same time.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:46 pm
Tah-Chan
Your parents actually tell you to stop correcting them in public.

You read all the flyers that grace your mailbox just to find grammar mistakes.

You refuse to open emails that contain txt talk.

You react to an extreme if you spot an error in a published work.

You are....a ninja. ninja

OMG MY PARENTS HATE IT WHEN I CORRECT THEM!!!

haha and you know you're obsessed with grammar when:

you correct people's spelling on aim
ex
ispellright: what's up buddy?
idon'tspeelRIte: Nutin much
ispellright: *nothing

HAHA i do that all the time.. i'm so bad........  

dianersj

The MoUsY spell-checker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:41 pm
dianersj
you correct people's spelling on aim
ex
ispellright: what's up buddy?
idon'tspeelRIte: Nutin much
ispellright: *nothing

HAHA i do that all the time.. i'm so bad........

I did that until my friends stopped talking to me. That's where the "spell-checker" part of my name came from.  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff