Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Art / Writing show and exchange!
~Art Etiquette~(Guidelines for how to Exchange Art Nicely) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zella L.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:22 pm
shoki_de_nai
I have a question. I do a lot of free/cheap pieces but I need some extra cash and set up a paypal, DA and FA account so I could start actually selling my art for real money. But I feel bad demanding payment and have no idea what to charge. When it's been for gaia gold, I've just told people to give me whatever they feel is fair (usually between 1 and 5k), but that tends to annoy people and I get paid a small amount. I'd feel awful charging a lot for my work though. x__X
A) was it really that bad of me to let them choose how much they paid?
B) not really ediqiuette, but an art question none the less...How can I decide how much to charge?

Personally:
A) Of course it's not a bad thing to let people decide how much to pay, then again sometime's commissioner's don't want to make a descision that might either offend or make it so they spent too much.
B) Of course you can charge whatever you want, and don't feel that it needs to be very cheap...pretty much every RL money commissionner I've met, if they're willing to pay cash, they don't really care about a couple of bucks of a different price. If you want I can PM you with an amount that I find suitable for your art. ^^ One thing that you've got that most commissioners really care about is style, and another is a plain ole love for both furries and drawing, so don't be nervous!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:48 pm
just seemed to irritate a couple people when I told them I let people decide what they want to pay me. And yus, please tell me what you think would be okay for me to charge. I have no clue. Yeah, I'm weird...I feel bad asking for a payment, I dunno why. I feel guilty or something. Just another thing to add to my list of weird stuff I just do because. :: shrug:: Hopefully, I'll overcome it. xd  

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Kakarotto-san

Dangerous Duck

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:05 am
Zella L.
Kakarotto-san
Zella L.
I actually have a question that wasn't really pointed out...if someone makes something that's wrong, is it polite to ask them if you can edit it?

Yes. But I would only ask if it's the sketch stage where it can easily fixed.

How about if the commissioner wants to do it themselves? That being said, once you commission a piece, do you have to ask if you can use it in your sig, a banner, cropping, resizing, reposting, adding text to, "auto coloring" (a function in photoshop, though I'm sure you know that Kago), removing the background...is there a specified limit? And of course as long as you still don't claim it as your own, and don't remove the signature if it is there?

That really depends on the artist. But it doesn't hurt to ask.

shoki_de_nai
just seemed to irritate a couple people when I told them I let people decide what they want to pay me. And yus, please tell me what you think would be okay for me to charge. I have no clue. Yeah, I'm weird...I feel bad asking for a payment, I dunno why. I feel guilty or something. Just another thing to add to my list of weird stuff I just do because. :: shrug:: Hopefully, I'll overcome it. xd

Try Furbid. I've found that it's helped me get a few commissions. (I'm not saying you will get them, but it's worth a try)

http://www.furbid.ws/  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:48 am
I was gonna wait on Furbid til I got used to how the whole commissions and getting actual money stuff works.

On another note, I've got an etiquitte thing to mention for commissioners.
One guy wanted me to show him the drawing in every stage as I progressed with it. x_X That's insane. I just showed him an inbetween sketch and the finished product, I was not going to comply with that kind of request.  

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Kakarotto-san

Dangerous Duck

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:21 am
shoki_de_nai
I was gonna wait on Furbid til I got used to how the whole commissions and getting actual money stuff works.

On another note, I've got an etiquitte thing to mention for commissioners.
One guy wanted me to show him the drawing in every stage as I progressed with it. x_X That's insane. I just showed him an inbetween sketch and the finished product, I was not going to comply with that kind of request.

here is my "store" on my website..maybe it will give you some ideas

http://www.goku-san.com/store.html

sorry for any grammar and spelling mistakes you may find. Also, I don't have the samples up yet.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:22 pm
Apparently furbid is no longer accepting auctions.  

Zella L.

Kakarotto-san

Dangerous Duck

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:29 pm
Zella L.

umm..where did you see that? It allows me to post auctions.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:40 pm
Kakarotto-san
Zella L.

When I tried to do that, it told me to go to furbid-sf.
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h6/ZellaL/furbid.jpg  

Zella L.

Kakarotto-san

Dangerous Duck

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:13 pm
Zella L.
Kakarotto-san
Zella L.

When I tried to do that, it told me to go to furbid-sf.
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h6/ZellaL/furbid.jpg

Weird...*scratchs head* Let me look into it.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:56 pm
:: pokes thread:: Hey Zella, not to seem pushy...but you were gonna PM me some estimates for my art?  

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Rainey_angel81

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:06 am
move to top  
Art / Writing show and exchange!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items