Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!
Anime is not nerdy! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MrBobVilla
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:55 pm
Well I think that may be a little extreme, but I agree with you. It's what I have been trying to say since the start of this thread: An obsession with anything is nerdy. The first step is admitting it... ^.-  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:59 pm
I don't entirely agree with this statement:

Quote:
An obsession with anything is nerdy

I mean, If you're obsessed with sport, that's not really nerdy. Being Obsessed with fashion isn't nerdy... Pretty anything that is classified as "cool" by the popular kids today isn't nerdy.

Only obsessions with things that aren't seen as mainstream or "cool" is seen as nerdy/geeky, which is just plain sad. I mean just because noone's ever seen it, played it, eaten it, breathed it (dunno where that came from) doesn't mean it's not fun or "cool".

MoonMongoose

Do`urden

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:31 pm
Flareclaw The Insane
gonk gonk gonk its not!! scream
ur so right smile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:55 pm
That's actually pretty true exclaim . Very few people realise that though. sweatdrop  

midget_witch

Lilith Le Midge

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:28 pm
Danno
What isn't nerdy about teenagers and adults watching what is essentially a cartoon? I'm not dissing anime or anything, I love anime, but still, the facts are looking pretty bad ninja

Exactly!

Come on people! The first step to rehabilitation is admitting to the nerdliness. 3nodding Geeeeeeez... No matter how you look at it, if you like anime to an obsessive point, and I mean just about everyone on Gaia that likes anime is probably obsessed with it, then you are a nerd.

Nerdy nerd nerd. But it's okay *pets all of the confused anime nerds*  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:03 pm
Yeah I suppose I admit it is a tad nerdy, but I dont consider that being so much of a bad thing ninja  

Yozcara

momiji119

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:47 pm
The people who are extencively obsessed with anime are called OTAKUS NOT NERDS, there IS A DIFFERENCE!!!!!!!!!! Btw I don't care if it's "nerdy" or not, anime rocks (and nerds/otakus have the most fun, lol)  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:52 pm
Lilith Le Midge
Danno
What isn't nerdy about teenagers and adults watching what is essentially a cartoon? I'm not dissing anime or anything, I love anime, but still, the facts are looking pretty bad ninja

Exactly!

Come on people! The first step to rehabilitation is admitting to the nerdliness. 3nodding Geeeeeeez... No matter how you look at it, if you like anime to an obsessive point, and I mean just about everyone on Gaia that likes anime is probably obsessed with it, then you are a nerd.

BAKA NO YARO!!!!!!!!! IT IS NOT A BAD THING!! We don't want to "rehabilitate" and we are not confused. Yes anime is drawn as a "cartoon" but it is so much more than just a cartoon, some anime can have just as much of a plot as any book or telivision show, the only difference is that it's drawn. Anime is an art-form! A beautiful art form that goes along with an amazing plot and beautifully done characters. I would say that you are more of the confused one than we are. AND I'M AN ANIME OTAKU NOT A NERD!!!  

momiji119

Anabethe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:08 pm
i dont think that liking anime is nerdy. i love anime, obsessed with it maybe but not really.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:46 am
momiji119
Lilith Le Midge
Danno

Exactly!

BAKA NO YARO!!!!!!!!! IT IS NOT A BAD THING!! We don't want to "rehabilitate" and we are not confused. Yes anime is drawn as a "cartoon" but it is so much more than just a cartoon, some anime can have just as much of a plot as any book or telivision show, the only difference is that it's drawn. Anime is an art-form! A beautiful art form that goes along with an amazing plot and beautifully done characters. I would say that you are more of the confused one than we are. AND I'M AN ANIME OTAKU NOT A NERD!!!

It was a joke, hun wink

And you are both an otaku and a nerd. But it's okay... I wish my nerdism had a special name like Otaku!  

Lilith Le Midge

NatsuNoYuki

Fashionable Fatcat

30,875 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:46 pm
MrBobVilla
An obsession with anything is nerdy. So if you are obsessed with anime then you are nerdy. :p

so what if i am, you got a problem with that?? scream someday all the "nerds" and "geeks" shall rule the world... emo  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:59 pm
I must admit that I am a nerd.. Not only am I going to an anime convention, but I'm dressing up... ninja I'm not saying that doing that makes you a nerd, but I am one.. ninja  

Seulement Hibou

Spoopy Hipster

Lilith Le Midge

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:45 pm
kuro_tatsu_onna
I must admit that I am a nerd.. Not only am I going to an anime convention, but I'm dressing up... ninja I'm not saying that doing that makes you a nerd, but I am one.. ninja

Actually, I think that does make you a nerd. But that's just my opinion. I'm cosplaying at a convention too. Who are you going as, if I may ask?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:58 am
MrBobVilla
An obsession with anything is nerdy. So if you are obsessed with anime then you are nerdy. :p

Gah!
You just threw me down teh nerdy path!
gonk

Oh well!
I will embrace my nerdie-ness!
-giggles-

Anime Obbsessed

K0K0R0.XX

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:43 pm
TheErikaness
Here, the popular kids watch anime. That is because "here" is japan.

But you are nerdy for watching certain KINDS of anime.

And also if you constantly watch anime, live for anime, think anime characters are hott etc... THen you are nerdy.

But if its just a casual thing you enjoy reading/watching, then no, youre not nerdy

Uh-oh.. I guess that makes me a nerd.. *sigh*  
8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games