Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Metroid Guild

Back to Guilds

Journey to the very depth of Zebes, the official guild for the Hardcore Metroid Fan. 

Tags: Metroid, Samus, Prime 

Reply The Official Metroid Guild Main Forum
How good do you think Samus really is combat wise? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like the light suit?
  Yes
  No
View Results

ZX-Omega

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:45 pm
Michelle Pyro
Zeta_X_Omega

No, that's not the Power suit, that's the Fusion suit, it only have the same color scheme.

It is the Power/Varia Suit.

I'll explain this.

The Fusion suit starts in a blueish color right? Untill the varia suit is retrieved. THEN is has the same color scheme.

As we know, absorbing the X cores (is that the name?) gives you abilities of that X core.

During the fight with the Omega Metroid, your given the X-Core of SA-X. That means you get everything that the SA-X had, which includes your ICE BEAM and your Power/ Varia Suit.

Also-
According to just about everyone I asked, and the things I've read just now, the order is in fact:

-Metroid/Zero Mission
--Metroid Prime
---Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
----Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
-----Metroid 2: Return of Samus
------Super Metroid: Metroid 3
-------Metroid Fusion: Metroid 4

Now let ME explain it.
In the game the Blue/Yellow suit you starts with is refered to as "Power suit", I have the game, so I know. The last suit you get, the one with the color scheme of the original Power Suit is called "Fusion Suit", as I said, it's stated in the game itself. The suit she has is not decided because of the colors it has.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:36 pm
Dude... READ IT.

Think: Fusion Suit CANNOT hold the ice beam. At the end you get the ice beam. That alone is proof of you getting the Power suit back.

Also, Prima's strategy guide constantly refers to the starting suit as the Fusion suit. Yet, it refers to the last suit during the fight as Samus' original suit. The Power/ Varia suit.  

Michelle Pyro

Ghetto Luigi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:57 pm
This is how I see it. You start out with fusion (blue one) get varia then gravity and lastly the power suit.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:41 am
The Varia and Gravity parts are just upgrades to the Fusion Suit. But yeah, Michelle is right. The Fusion Suit cannot hold the Ice Beam as cold temperatures would damage Samus.  

starvigilante

ZX-Omega

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:22 pm
Yes!! I can post again!

Anyway, I don't really care about theories and stuff like that, I only go by what the game itself tells me. And the game tells me that you start with the Power suit (that's at least the name of the of the new suit) and the last suit you get is the Fusion suit. (once again, that's the name of it in the game)  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:27 am
Play the game. Read it. The fist damned cutscene... YOU POWER SUIT IS SURGICALLY REMOVED! OMG... Read our damned posts. They aren't theories... THEY ARE FRIGGEN FACTS. Adam even says it. THE SUIT CAN"T HOLD THE ICE BEAM!. Oh, but I know a suit that can... THE POWER SUIT!

I don't mean to yell, I'm sorry. But it's every where. Wikipedia... Nintendo.... Prima's Official Strategy Guide... Metroid Fusion itself... Nintendo Power...  

Michelle Pyro

ZX-Omega

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:57 pm
Michelle Pyro
Play the game. Read it. The fist damned cutscene... YOU POWER SUIT IS SURGICALLY REMOVED! OMG... Read our damned posts. They aren't theories... THEY ARE FRIGGEN FACTS. Adam even says it. THE SUIT CAN"T HOLD THE ICE BEAM!. Oh, but I know a suit that can... THE POWER SUIT!

I don't mean to yell, I'm sorry. But it's every where. Wikipedia... Nintendo.... Prima's Official Strategy Guide... Metroid Fusion itself... Nintendo Power...

Haven't you read what I said, it's from Metroid Fusion itself I got the information! I agree with you, I also found it weird that the first suit is called power suit when it was advertised over half the frikkin universe that her new suit was named Fusion Suit, but that's what it says in the GAME!
I don't like yelling either but the game itself is the best source of information.
I hope we won't have to argument about this anymore now...  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:54 pm
I just played the fight. It is infact the Power/ Varia suit. Seems that version 1.0 had a typo. 1.3 is accurate. Both of us were right! sweatdrop

If I heard my friend Eddie right that is. He says they always screw up like that.  

Michelle Pyro

Card388
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:04 pm
Am not sure but in wikia they said its not power suit its called omega suit not sure thought is it liek the fusion but power suit and other abillties dunno..

Omega suit
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Fusionsuit.PNG

Fusion suit
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Fusion_Suit_Metroid.jpg

it says that Omega suit is gained when u kill SA-X and get the colours back
its like a evolution of the power suit and allows Samus to use ice Beam

Ok so the first suit is the fusion suit
and Yea the Last one is Not Power or Fusion End of story I win LOL

Oh and for dread i think that they stopped it to focus on Hunters or something

edited it 4 times .... god  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:24 am
Card388
Am not sure but in wikia they said its not power suit its called omega suit not sure thought is it liek the fusion but power suit and other abillties dunno..

Omega suit
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Fusionsuit.PNG

Fusion suit
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Fusion_Suit_Metroid.jpg

it says that Omega suit is gained when u kill SA-X and get the colours back
its like a evolution of the power suit and allows Samus to use ice Beam

Ok so the first suit is the fusion suit
and Yea the Last one is Not Power or Fusion End of story I win LOL

Oh and for dread i think that they stopped it to focus on Hunters or something

edited it 4 times .... god

Well smurf on you then.  

ZX-Omega

Card388
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:10 pm
smurf on me?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:29 am
Card388
smurf on me?

yes, but if you have any siblings you can throw it at them instead.  

ZX-Omega

Card388
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:03 pm
no... what do u mean by smurf

can u define smurf LOL  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:46 pm
When you start the game you're pretty much just a robot chick with a gun...and you stilll spank on those aliens...Super combat great.  

shield_biter

ZX-Omega

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:53 pm
Card388
no... what do u mean by smurf

can u define smurf LOL

http://www.scripting.com/images/smurfTurfDevLogo.gif
Smurf.  
The Official Metroid Guild Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff