Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

IS RED SEXY?
  YES-NO
View Results

Kimiko Sakato

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:28 am
Well, my personal belief is that he based it off of that hitokiri dude... I can't remember his name right now. It couldn't be to remind him of his past, because he didn't kill anyone beforehand. And, if he never left his shishou's hut, this never would have heppened.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:28 pm
i think its pretty  

[~Sakura Hime~]

DarkerLink

Profitable Bloodsucker

6,450 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:31 am
Just becuase he looks cool that way!

It could be because he has spilt so much blood and stuff, but I think that would be reading into it too far.... he does have to have SOME colour hair, and the red makes him stand out.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:21 pm
............because red (to me) is the second best color.........ever...........(green is #1)  

darkangel Z

santannamoss

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:24 pm
darkangel Z
............because red (to me) is the second best color.........ever...........(green is #1)

yea green is #1 but red is second.....  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Kenshin has red hair becaus it's schmexy! Could you really imagine him with black hair? He wouldn't be the same! I think maybe he's really half-demon or something... that would explain the super-powers even though he's a scrawny midget, and the glowing golden eyes, and the red hair! Perfect. Honestly tho, I think Watsuki just made the best-looking male character he could come up with, not thinking about orgin. Or maybe Kenshin's mom's Irish or something. That would explain the 'that it does' endings he adds.  

ObSesSeDwithKeNsHiN730

Pharaohess1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:50 am
Fireshaper
If you must ask why Kenshin's hair is red/orange then we must ask why most manga and anime characters look like white people. As everyone else says, it's mainly to make Kenshin-san stand out, it's just the manga style.

..... why don't any of the characters look Japanese?

In answer to the whole-not looking Japanese thing, I heard something that was pretty interesting in an interview with an anime voice-actor. It turns out that most of the anime that we have now was based upon the animation of this one artist Osama Tesuka (sp?). But, his inspiration wasn't from Japan. He saw Disney and wanted to emulate American animation. So really, all of anime is really just a recycling of American animation with a japanese twist. So, I guess since American animation isn't Japanese, maybe that made anime not so japanese-looking.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:18 pm
if kaoru can have blue hair and blue eyes then kenshin can have red hair...plus it's his trademark of being a BAMF lol.  

Aori_BAMF goddess

crazy korean girl

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:37 pm
Don't question Kenshin's smexy hair.

Just kidding, you can question it all you want.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:27 am
probably just to make him stand out like u know alot of manga peoole have like pink hair neutral  

Hiddleslove_27

sasunaru69

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:51 pm
well, If you notice that most anime have people have big eyes and weird crazy hair and the writer if these animes have black hair and small eyes..
plus have you ever seen the magazine CURE it is really cool.... And plus keshin looks hott with his hair and eyes  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:43 am
Fireshaper
If you must ask why Kenshin's hair is red/orange then we must ask why most manga and anime characters look like white people. As everyone else says, it's mainly to make Kenshin-san stand out, it's just the manga style.

Sano looks Japanese. Hiko looks Japanese. Aoshi looks Japanese. But you're right - not a lot of them look Japanese.  

Ladieburd

6,750 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Miraya-chan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:46 am
I've read a special book, which says something about the different hair colours of anime/manga- characters. It says, that a specific colour means a specific characteristic. Unfortunatelly I forgot what "read" means for a characteristic XD I am sorry >___<  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:36 pm
His red hair is beautiful, and it makes him stand out... as iff the cross shape scar wasn't already a dead giveaway, right? xd  

SuinanKasai

6,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

aryanne1016

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:40 pm
Pharaohess1
Fireshaper

In answer to the whole-not looking Japanese thing, I heard something that was pretty interesting in an interview with an anime voice-actor. It turns out that most of the anime that we have now was based upon the animation of this one artist Osama Tesuka (sp?). But, his inspiration wasn't from Japan. He saw Disney and wanted to emulate American animation. So really, all of anime is really just a recycling of American animation with a japanese twist. So, I guess since American animation isn't Japanese, maybe that made anime not so japanese-looking.

Wow! That's really interesting. Thanks for posting that info.  
~The Rurouni Kenshin Guild~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff