Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Parents and Wicca Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you have this problem?
  Yes
  No
  I used to..
View Results

Tari_Leralonde

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:31 pm
I havent told my parents yet! ninja ive been doing rituals and performing simple spells without them noticing a thing! pirate
blaugh blaugh blaugh blaugh  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:08 pm
I havent told my parents yet. my dad will probably understand and accept it, but my mom would completely freak out. shes not religious, but shes super superstitious.  

Tari_Leralonde

Dragoness Arleeana

Eloquent Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:16 pm
I live with my grandparents and I've told my grandmother but not my grandfather. She atheist and he's catholic so I'm afraid that it would make him sad and he's getting old and I don't think he needs something like that. He's also got heart problems and has had open heart surgery and it would give him to much stress which isn't good for him. When I told my grandmother she just laughed at me and rolled her eyes, but she doesn't really care (she thinks it's silly but she doesn't belive in any God and thinks all religion is silly). She does kind of believe in reincarnation though. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:21 am
ive already told all of my parents and family.

and friends.

i am completely out of the broom closet.

the way i see it...if somebody cant accept me for the things i love...then i dont need to be talking to them, do i?

so anybody and everybody knows.

<3  

swampyface

Dragoness Arleeana

Eloquent Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:43 pm
I completely agree with you 3nodding The only reason I havn't told my grandfather isbecause I don't want him to have a heart attack and die sweatdrop All of my friends know and if they don't I tell them eventually if religion is brought up.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:55 pm
well now. my dad knows i'm really 'into' wiccan
he buys me all the stuff i need
but i think he found my newest book of shadows and
didn't tell me..
my mom is a TOTALLY different story.  

Deadly Nyghtshade

Draykin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:48 pm
I havent bothered to tell my family yet...I wear my penticle and I have a ring with one as well, but I dont think they have even noticed yet. It should be interesting since my fiance and I are planing a Hand fasting in the next few years...my siblings will hopefully be involved in the cerimony. My grandmother is the only one I could tell that wouldnt think it was rediculous and would even belive me. She even carries a medicine pouch with her...she gave me my first stones from it. I have told my co-workers though...and my family has always thought I was a little odd...  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:38 am
I've told just about all that are important to me. My mom said cool read the stuff to me (she can't see well), my brother doesn't care, my aunts have their own things they do and my Dad, well he's another story.

He's like "you tell me thing just to get a reaction out of me" Everything I told him is apparently just to see what he says. Not that it's my life and he's a WHOLE country away! So I don't think he believes me in anything.

Now My grandmother, she's a different story, I try to talk about it once with her and OMG I thought she was going to toss me from the moving car! So yeah thats one woman I'm not going to tell, and it's more for her old heart then anything, cause she accepts me being Bi/Poly and everything else I tell her.

Keagan OHare

Dragoness Arleeana

Eloquent Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:58 am
I've told my actual mother (she lives across the country, I live with my grandparents) and she's absolutly fine with it! She actually finds it quite interesting. She bought me "Confessions of a teenage Witch" (really good book!) and wrote a little note in it that said:

For whatever religion you choose, I stand beside you. May all your dreams come true, and never give up on what you believe in. And always remember "I love you" for you have a purpose.

She wrote this on the inside cover of the book ^_^ It made me so happy to read that!!  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:12 pm
((HII im new. :D ))
My parents are very open and actually have nothing wrong with anything or anyone in anyway. Although they are athiest, they don't want religion pushed on them. Which im glad. :]

As a wiccan, or practicing wiccan.., i know that i wouldn't push anything on them anyways. Before telling my parents about me studying the religion, i asked what they thought about it in general. I was very very glad to know that my dads first wife was a pagan so i knew my dad had nothing against it and pretty much knew most about it..but then again my dad knows mostly everything because hes a smarty-pants >:[

anyways.. then i asked my mom about it and she said that she didn't know much about it but she knew it was an earth religion and she said she was okay with Wiccan in general and if i was asking about what she thought about me being one, my mom told me she didn't mind as long as i didn't set anything on fire..

>>;

PENARSAUR!

[ April.Ericsson ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:13 pm

Well, I haven't told anyone but one of my best friends. She's Wiccan, too. Well, I'm probably going to tell my parents soon. I'm really excited. They're both good about things like this, so it really helps.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:24 pm
i think itz wrong that we have to hid our beliefs...why cant parents just accept the fact that we dont believe in the samethings.

well, the thing with me is that i am not Wiccan, but looking for someone to teach me.
all my life i've been trying tobelive in what the Catholic religion is about but no matter what i did i never got around it....nso, i looked away and searched for a new religion.......and i found Wicca.
it attracted me imediatly and i know that this is something that i truly believe in, but the thing is that i need a gaindace/teacher to show me the way of the wiccans

so, far i am stilllooking and my dad has no clue....i tried to ask him "what if i wanted to change my religion?"....from the answer i got that it was not somethiong that he was oppened about.....i can already tell that if and when i ever tell him , he will not be happy and that things will be hard...
sad

BTW....if anybody out there thinks that they can be the one to teach me, i would greatly appreciate it if they sent me a PM smile  

Lunar_darkness

ELVIS AINT DEAD

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:06 am
I haven't told my parents. Nor do i think i shall. <3  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:02 pm
i have not told any of my family and not a lot of my friends know. i just keep it to my self its nicer that way. i dont have to worry or care what people think of what i belive in they can see me.  

immortalalia

Interesting Prophet

2,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200

DracoJesi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:25 pm
i did for awhile, my mom kinda denied it at first, My dad was so thrilled, but I simply told him, its my decision and that I thought aabout it for quite awhile and nothing will change my mind on the subject, you just have to be stern and show them your serious  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games