80%  [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 26

Kamadev

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:39 am
evil-mad-cat
K.A.S.T
celebie.exe
musicbabe02
My mom alway's says it's tacky and weird but it's not that bad i once got suspened for wearing my eye liner in a "not appropriate" way stupid teachers....Share your info on this subject

><

Wow

Your school is, unfortuniatly, non liberal. To be suspended for how one choses to express one' self, I consider to be wrong. While rules and guidelines must be adhered to, I see no harm within your above statement.

To conclude, it is not "tacky," it is not "weird," and it is NOT "inappropriate."

stare

I agree if a school suspends you for that than F*** them they suck a** I hate dumb teachers.....
ive never been in trouble for my eyeliner but i was once alomost suspended for wearing strippy purple and black leggings but i said 'well...you could suspend my but dont think i wont tell everyone about mr.frame sexualy harrassing every girl that is unfortunate enough to be in his class and yet you dont fire him...odd..., also you would have just suspended one of your best pupils cuz they expressed their self in an artistic unusual way, now people wont be too pleased about either will they?' and then they stared at me, i smirked and they just said 'mabey we were too strict we can let you off with it,' and asked me to leave, it was fun XD

aww taht is so sweet!XD...ew that guy is a perv...  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:03 pm
You got suspended for just smearing eyeliner? That's not right... gonk

Smearing eyeliner tastefully actually looks cool... 3nodding  

Vegacom2

trampyre

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:55 pm
Smeared eyeliner can give you that "smoky" look, which is always in fashion. Just look at any of the big name designers (ie, Prada, Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Versace, etc rolleyes ) and you will see that the smoky eye look is IMMORTAL. I personally think it is a rather dramatic look for someone to wear every day, but once in a while is ok.

While I think the school rules are silly, they're school rules and you should abide by them, or else be prepared for further disciplinary action. gonk

Stupid rules.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:36 pm
I donno, I think makeup usually looks bad on people, whatever they do with it.  

UraniumMonk

2aetH

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:05 am
See, the thing is, my eyeliner on my bottom lid *always* smears, so I just style it so it doesn't matter >.<

So, no, I don't think it looks tacky. HOWEVER, if it ends up looking....trampy, for lack of a better word, and you're wearing something nice and neat, then it's tacky.

Also, people who end up covering half their face with eyeliner...THAT'S tacky. I've never liked it....with the exception of this one chick who used red black and purple eyeliners and did this really nice piece on the side of her face. I wish I had a camera for that.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:04 pm
i cant wear eyeliner but i do wear mascara and eye shadow  

The Reused

Dark_Judje

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:49 pm
i don't use make-up... unless i go to a concert...  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:41 pm
well...some times i smear it put others i just make it really dark and deep  

Fire Panther

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:57 pm
I think you have to be very careful smudging eyeliner because 9 times out of 10 it will look like s**t.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:50 am
I just started to wear eyeliner, and I constantly smear it. Not intentionaly, it just happens.
(Its smeared right now actualy...)
The few times I have worn it to school, I have been complimented and made fun of.
But I have gotten more compliments than insults, and they have been mostly from girls approving of it highly, so I continue to wear eyeliner, smeared or not.  

Al-aaraaf

fourtysecondscarf

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:31 pm
K.A.S.T
celebie.exe
musicbabe02
My mom alway's says it's tacky and weird but it's not that bad i once got suspened for wearing my eye liner in a "not appropriate" way stupid teachers....Share your info on this subject

><

Wow

Your school is, unfortuniatly, non liberal. To be suspended for how one choses to express one' self, I consider to be wrong. While rules and guidelines must be adhered to, I see no harm within your above statement.

To conclude, it is not "tacky," it is not "weird," and it is NOT "inappropriate."

stare

I agree if a school suspends you for that than F*** them they suck a** I hate dumb teachers.....
HA! I laugh at you all!!! I go to an arts school! our teachers rock!!! (well, most of em anyways....)  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:39 pm
wow i can relate

i was sent up to the councelors office
told to take off my eyeliner
and that it was "distracting the other students"
and alos told to
remove my bracelets
i was like
psh
and attempted an exit
but she forced me to wash it off
and i removed one spikey bracelet
and she looked at me like "the others....?"
and i just sat there and said "can i go now?"
and shes like "yea go back to class."
and i put it all back on ^^

Starfish Attack

melancholymolly

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:11 pm
I think smeared eyeliner is awesome. I wear my makeup that way sometimes but not all the time. I've been thinking about wearing it to school but my mom won't let me. Everytime I tell her I'm going to school with my makeup like that she tells me I'll get in trouble and I'll embarrass her. sad  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:27 pm
musicbabe02

Don't your teachers have better things to worry about...? You should have them define "appropriate".

As far as tacky goes, just about anything can look classy/nice/proper/whatever-word-you're-looking-for if done right. Besides, tacky is an attitude, not a look. Be classy and you'll look classy.  

l.a.v.

Versatile Vampire

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Inquisitor 200

Corpse_Bride_131

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:32 pm
Just don't smear it all the way down your face like "tears". It screams POSEUR TO THE M.A.X.!!!!!!!!!lol.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff