Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -
Pissing off Asmodeus and getting stalked by Lilith. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pelta

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:34 am
Guitarhero356
now I have banshees stalking me.
Despite the fact that banshees have absolutely nothing to do with Lilith and wouldn't actually "stalk" anyone. Someone D&D much? wink  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:42 am
missmagpie
Guitarhero356
Despite the fact that banshees have absolutely nothing to do with Lilith and wouldn't actually "stalk" anyone. Someone D&D much? wink
But I was never 100 percent sure it was banshees, plus history and encyclopedias do get stuff wrong, they are not an infallible source of knowledge. Here is an example, Christianity uses many magical rites such as the blessing of food and holy water, but the history they tell you says they are against all froms of magic for the most part with most sects. History is fallible, so is wikipedia.  

Guitarhero356

Pelta

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:56 am
Guitarhero356
missmagpie
Guitarhero356
But I was never 100 percent sure it was banshees, plus history and encyclopedias do get stuff wrong, they are not an infallible source of knowledge.
And you are? Banshees come from Irish mythology. Nowhere else. They were sidhe who heralded a death. They didn't cause death, stalk people or work for any gods other than the fae ones. Culturally they shouldn't even exist outside the Celtic lands.

The only place I've ever heard of banshees being actively malevolent entities is D&D, which is why I was slightly suspicious of your post.

Quote:
Here is an example, Christianity uses many magical rites such as the blessing of food and holy water, but the history they tell you says they are against all froms of magic for the most part with most sects. History is fallible, so is wikipedia.
Strawman fallacy. Your example does not prove mine wrong by association.

More sources:
An Irish Library Definition
and
A Dictionary Definition  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:21 am
Guitarhero356
Jameta
Guitarhero356
Neko_Bast
Guitarhero356
If a spirit is bugging someone and the person does not want the spirit there, and there is no point to the spirit being there that is of help to the person then that is interfering with free will.

As I said, its only interfering with free will if the spirit is making that person do something agenst their will, not must being anouing.
So, would you like it if some spirit were bugging you 24/7? Wouldn't you appreciate it if someone was nice enough to chase it off for you?
Depends; the situation could be seen as not adequately/appropriately dealing with the problem, such as with running away from a situation.

There is also the issue of patience/tolerance. What may be irritating to one individual is a triffle to another. Consider, if you are familiar with the series, Mandy's tolerance of Billy in The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, particularly in the episode with the raspberry/farting duck.

In my opinion, this should be delt with as with other problems with others: discussion amongst the parties (possibly with some sort of divine facilitator, in this circumstance) and reach an agreement nad/or understanding. And apology may not be necessary, put I feel proper communication of stances is.

Of course, I'm old-fashioned and prefer not to waste my energy on such silly things like disagreements and oppositions.
rofl I love that show!
That's great, but did you get my point?  

Jameta
Captain

Guitarhero356

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:40 am
missmagpie
Guitarhero356
missmagpie
Guitarhero356
But I was never 100 percent sure it was banshees, plus history and encyclopedias do get stuff wrong, they are not an infallible source of knowledge.
And you are? Banshees come from Irish mythology. Nowhere else. They were sidhe who heralded a death. They didn't cause death, stalk people or work for any gods other than the fae ones. Culturally they shouldn't even exist outside the Celtic lands.

The only place I've ever heard of banshees being actively malevolent entities is D&D, which is why I was slightly suspicious of your post.

Quote:
Here is an example, Christianity uses many magical rites such as the blessing of food and holy water, but the history they tell you says they are against all froms of magic for the most part with most sects. History is fallible, so is wikipedia.
Strawman fallacy. Your example does not prove mine wrong by association.

More sources:
An Irish Library Definition
and
A Dictionary Definition
No, it doesn't. But that's not imnportant because I won't believe you anyways if it's something one my spirit friends said to be true, I trust them more than some random person off the internet. That explains why I don't buy into what you are saying to try and prove me wrong.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:41 am
Jameta
Guitarhero356
Jameta
Guitarhero356
Neko_Bast
Guitarhero356
If a spirit is bugging someone and the person does not want the spirit there, and there is no point to the spirit being there that is of help to the person then that is interfering with free will.

As I said, its only interfering with free will if the spirit is making that person do something agenst their will, not must being anouing.
So, would you like it if some spirit were bugging you 24/7? Wouldn't you appreciate it if someone was nice enough to chase it off for you?
Depends; the situation could be seen as not adequately/appropriately dealing with the problem, such as with running away from a situation.

There is also the issue of patience/tolerance. What may be irritating to one individual is a triffle to another. Consider, if you are familiar with the series, Mandy's tolerance of Billy in The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, particularly in the episode with the raspberry/farting duck.

In my opinion, this should be delt with as with other problems with others: discussion amongst the parties (possibly with some sort of divine facilitator, in this circumstance) and reach an agreement nad/or understanding. And apology may not be necessary, put I feel proper communication of stances is.

Of course, I'm old-fashioned and prefer not to waste my energy on such silly things like disagreements and oppositions.
rofl I love that show!
That's great, but did you get my point?
Yes I did, though I refuse to sit down and talk with Lilith if she's going to try any of her sexual possesion type s**t.  

Guitarhero356

Pelta

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:00 am
Guitarhero356
No, it doesn't. But that's not imnportant because I won't believe you anyways if it's something one my spirit friends said to be true, I trust them more than some random person off the internet. That explains why I don't buy into what you are saying to try and prove me wrong.
*raises eyebrow* So you prefer to trust the voices in your head when empirical evidence has proven you wrong?

My sources are perfectly valid. A library, encyclopedia and dictionary have proven you wrong. Do you have any solid evidence to back up your claim?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:34 pm
Guitarhero356
Yes I did, though I refuse to sit down and talk with Lilith if she's going to try any of her sexual possesion type s**t.
Have you told this to her? That you are interested in facilitating a discussion, not a fight/argument/power struggle/etc.?

As for whether the spirit was a banshee or not, I do think Missmagpie's information should be considered as well as your own information. From what I can deduct, the spirit could have been banshee-like, and therefore an odd type of poltergist, perhaps. As you've noted, Guitar, sources can be fallable, and you are just as susceptible to this rule. Hence, we course reference information to be safe.  

Jameta
Captain

Guitarhero356

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:12 pm
missmagpie
Guitarhero356
*raises eyebrow* So you prefer to trust the voices in your head when empirical evidence has proven you wrong?

My sources are perfectly valid. A library, encyclopedia and dictionary have proven you wrong. Do you have any solid evidence to back up your claim?
I don't need any because the spirits I trust won't let me down. In the long run whether I believe you or not is rather irrellevant.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:20 pm
Jameta
Guitarhero356
Have you told this to her? That you are interested in facilitating a discussion, not a fight/argument/power struggle/etc.?

As for whether the spirit was a banshee or not, I do think Missmagpie's information should be considered as well as your own information. From what I can deduct, the spirit could have been banshee-like, and therefore an odd type of poltergist, perhaps. As you've noted, Guitar, sources can be fallable, and you are just as susceptible to this rule. Hence, we course reference information to be safe.
Touche.  

Guitarhero356

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:43 pm
Guitarhero356
Jameta
Guitarhero356

Touche.
Now kiss and make-up. mad heart  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:41 pm
I get stalked by shadowbeings all the time and you dont hear me bitching and whining about it.  

DR490N

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:50 pm
DR490N
I get stalked by shadowbeings all the time and you dont hear me bitching and whining about it.
Come now, that's a completely different situation I'm sure, and bringing up something like that is only incendiary.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:22 pm
DR490N
You may be on "friendly" terms with Guitar, but I am unamused by this streak of negativity you have shown. Guitar may be lamenting about small things in the perceptions of some, but he has shown logic in the matter. In fact, if I recall correctly, his premise was to seek advice on how to handle the issue; complaining only consists of having others hear a problem, usually in an annoying manner.

As such, I ask that if you do not have anything constructive to add, please withhold your thoughts.  

Jameta
Captain

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:12 pm
Guitarhero356
Neko_Bast
Guitarhero356

lol...... rolleyes you have no idea. I can sence ghosts, so I'm constently seeing and feeling spirits. Pluse you didn't "chase it off," you clamed you killed it. Which I highly dout.

And Missmagpie has a point about banshees.  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff