View Results

Anabis

Monster Mage

21,250 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:05 pm
That is true, I think, specially if the spirit in question wasn't into learning other languages/didn't get the chance to.

Symbols could work too, I forgot about those! (Technical Note: I don't consider Heiroglyphs symbols) That'd work too, :3  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:30 pm
Gypsy Blue
Nihilistic Seraph
Tell him that the Soul Calibur series is awesome biggrin

... He now wants to play.

And I have no gaming systems. stare

tell him to come find me then. my friend has a ps2 with soul calibur 3. i always make a character based off of my appearance in a past life, and he always uses a claymore, though hte claymore in there is more like a b*****d sword.  

DR490N

ILuvEire

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:10 pm
I don't know...the frist four things Brigid said to me were Dia Daoibh (Hello in Irish)...She may have jsut said it for effect...Brigid is like that...she usually speaks French to me, when I just regularly talk to her...lol  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:59 pm
ILuvEire
I don't know...the frist four things Brigid said to me were Dia Daoibh (Hello in Irish)...She may have jsut said it for effect...Brigid is like that...she usually speaks French to me, when I just regularly talk to her...lol

I get her speaking English, but then again she knows that I'm not going to have a bloody clue what she's saying if she tries anything else. Do you find her really blunt and to the point when you speak with her? I've found her to be none too subtle, but she's always had good advice.  

The Bookwyrm
Crew

ILuvEire

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:30 pm
Well, she....tells it like it is....she is no, soften the blow type of person. She just goives it too you and says, ok cope!

Though on the other hand she cand be loving at times  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:55 pm
I skimmed most of this thread.

My opinion is that to the Gods, your thoughts and prayers are translated into a sort of... Universal language. Thats how, when I speak to me, its more the universal langauge of feelings that they use, rather than English. Anyone can understand feelings.
Though, if you convey your feelings along with their native langauge, I think that it reaches them easier.
Dionysus always spoke English in my dreams... Or I always assumed he did. It may have been that I was speaking Greek. Either way, we understood each other.

Winter Black
Crew

Redwing~Shadow

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:13 pm
I dont really worship any particular god, and I am accually one who perfers to belive that the gods and goddesses are all part of the universe all together, they live in the earth and nourish life, that there are no paticular gods and goddesses, but are universal energies that give and gave life as it is. I dont use idols and and dont pray to any particular god, but as for languages used for speaking out in prayer, i say that they understand you either way, for it all depends on what your belife and choice of prayer really is.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:57 pm
Cernunnos doesnt have an accent most of the time when he talks to me? isnt that weird? i think they try to sound like we would best take them...  

DR490N

iolitefire

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:35 pm
The gods I tend to worship aren't from Europe at all so it would make things difficult if we couldn't communicate. I think however, like someone said, there must be some type of universal language or energy communication that allows language barriers to be overcome.

Speaking of blunt, Durga is quite similar when I've spoken to her. Quite to the point. I've seen Hekate in action before and she likes to use descriptive articles of speech like metaphors. She also speaks slowly and deeply, to make sure her point gets across.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:33 pm
iolitefire
The gods I tend to worship aren't from Europe at all so it would make things difficult if we couldn't communicate. I think however, like someone said, there must be some type of universal language or energy communication that allows language barriers to be overcome.

Speaking of blunt, Durga is quite similar when I've spoken to her. Quite to the point. I've seen Hekate in action before and she likes to use descriptive articles of speech like metaphors. She also speaks slowly and deeply, to make sure her point gets across.

Isn't Hekate from Greece? Isn't that in Europe? lol  

ILuvEire

iolitefire

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:21 pm
ILuvEire
iolitefire

Lol, she is a Greek goddess but I don't worship her, I've only heard her speak.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:10 am
hmm...i had a little chat with Morrigan a littel while ago...she doesn't have an accent either. anyone think there might be some particular reason that the gods dont speak to me with an accent even though i would have little problems understanding them?  

DR490N

ILuvEire

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:46 pm
iolitefire
ILuvEire
iolitefire

Lol, she is a Greek goddess but I don't worship her, I've only heard her speak.

lol oh... rofl The only gods I have spoke to are the ones I worship. I *think* I may have talked to Jehova once, because one of my friends took me to church and they prayed at the start of church, so does that count? biggrin

hehehe I feel goofy...  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:38 am
Why not? Yahweh and Jesus are included as deities, so be happy you weren't spoken to in Hebrew or Arimaic 3nodding  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

MaleficentSnape

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:56 pm
I figure since they are gods that they can speak any language. How could a god or goddess expect to have followers if they couldn't communicate with the people? So I do think they can speak all languages. It may lend additional power if you do a prayer or working in the god's native tongue, but just because I don't speak Greek doesn't mean that I couldn't call upon Zeus in a working.  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff