Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Are your Parents and friends okay with you being Gothic? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are they?
  No
  yes
  one not the other
View Results

Ravsoma

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:51 am
My mom and dad are fine with it... It just the rest of my family. My aunt won't talk to me because she thinks I worship the devil and my aunts on my dad's side call me a witch...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:14 pm
My uncles love it...My parents hate it...My great grandma can't stand it. My other grandma just wants me to continue being myself. And, my only two friends are also gothy.  

[-Alluring Enchantress-]

3,900 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Entrepreneur 150

Timberwolf93_2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:27 pm
no my frends dont like it at all but thats even better  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:48 pm
My friends dont care but my mom HATES it when I wear all black repeatedly says ppl will pick on me I'm 17yrs old I'm in 12th grade number of prople that have picked on me :0  

Vampire Ruler

Choboxer

5,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:50 pm
I have non goth friends, and maybe one other goth friend.
a non goth boyfriend, and my parents/ big sister just ******** HATE it.
My twin brother doesnt mind so much.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:47 pm
My friends find it awesome that I am a goth, and they are happy that I am what I am. My parents, however, are split with the condition. My father thinks that its fine, let me do it, and that I am mature enough to chose what I am. My mother, on the other hand, doesn't like the culture at all, and hates the music, clothing, and the individuality with it.  

Whisperer~Nightshade

Awaiting_my_death

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:17 pm
my mom and dad have passed on i live with my older brother and he doesnt care what i wear as long as im happy  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:46 pm
My dad isn't too fond of it but for the most part my immediate family has accepted it. However my grandparents and such don't like it all that much. As for friends, if the person is my friend they usually are okay with it, otherwise they just ignore me altogether.  

jessi exstasi

XAngelFromYourNightmareX

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:40 am
My mom doesn't like it one bit. She tries to change me but it's not going to happen.
My dad on the other hand he is cool with it he accepts me for who am I am and is going to support me 100%. He loves me for who I am and if I'm gothic then thumbs up for me.
My friends are gothic so I mean why do they care and some of my "other" friends are cool with it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:44 am
My grandma (the one I mostly live with) She thinks I look cute and she likes the some songs that I do like........

This song (clickey)  

XAngelFromYourNightmareX

fallengrim

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:55 pm
My parents don't mind. Their really helpful when it comes to buying clothes and whatnot. Plus, they love finding things with skulls and gore because they know I love it. So really, I've had no problem from anyone in my family and group of friends, for being a goth. heart  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:44 pm
My parents love me for who I am, but they also tease me about it. I love AFI, KoRn, Avenged Sevenfold, and they've learned to like them too, which is good.  

morecowbell15

Alice_K8

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:38 am
I absolutely love how I look and heres why:
My parents and friends accept it.
People who don't know me ALWAYS notice me, but they are almost always too intimidated to approach me. Which is good because I don't like new people. smile  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:01 am
my friends are totally fine with it because they are also goth..and those who are not....see me and not the goth..and...my...mom....is totaly ok with it...she actually encourages it..because my mom was goth  

Willie-John[Abomination]

Loki Iago

Anxious Scamp

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:21 pm
They don't like it at all but they're being pretty good about it. They won't let me go too far but then again, I'm not interested in being an uber-goth anyway. Dad hates it and makes fun of me ruthlessly for it, mom is more of the quiet-distaste type.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff