can a religion be made up?
  yes
  no
View Results

Akaratichi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:37 pm
GilAskan
Akaratichi
I pretty much hate Religion in overal , get me right i dont hate Catholics Jews or whatever simply in what they believe.
its all a big lie and its gotten so bad over time that poeple started wars over them.
poeple treat others like they are another race but its just sad they cant realise where all the same.
Religion might have given some poeple hope and security that in their believes there will be something after they die but Religion has caused so much suffering like Black poeple and Homosexuals , its outragous of course and luckelly Black poeple are welcome into this enviorment.
(alright sorry for slowley going from Religions onto Racism)
But also in the past it has caused allot of suffering , as for a example Crusades , useless to the normal thinking poeple but apparentley Christians thought it was a good idea to send a few thousand men of wich half of them would probabley die on the way to the destination and not the security of making it in battle , Gods will?

Crusades (Christians): 9 Million Dead
Mao ze Dong (Atheist): 100 Million Dead

Religion doesn't start wars. People who hide behind religion start wars. They use God as an excuse for their actions, justification for their wrong doings.

Religion is fine. It's organized religion which corrupts the original intentions of the faith.

But you get my idea.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:47 am
Personally, I'm a member of the sixth house, all the 2nd and 3rd laws describe the situation quite well.

2- So long as one person holds a bilief of Idea, that Idea can and will never be destroyed

3- The contradicting bielifs of individuals are bound to create conflict, and the parties involved should have a right to these conficts the same way they have a right to make progress on what they believe to be just.  

Shattenhund

Mavrikios1

500 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:41 am
Shanna66
thanks, it just gets on my nerves though when people tell me its not a religion cause i made it up.
and its not like christianity, its like a mix of pagan and hinduism, so for now my friend, sister and i (the followers of it) just call it hindipagan, just until we think of a better name
hinidipagan, haha I like that name. though I will stick with my religion ^_^
good luck on it XD  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:09 pm
thanks  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Fux this account

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:26 pm
....is pointless  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:12 pm
"I am a religion, baby!" *pelvic thrusts*  

UraniumMonk

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:47 pm
silence_after_death
....is pointless

How so?

Religion gives people something to believe in; a set of moral and personal guidelines for with which they can gauge the quality of their life. It can give people self worth, and the feeling that they're part of something greater.

If religion is pointless, then music is pointless. Books are pointless. Movies are pointless. Sports too. And art, of any kind. Anything which isn't pure fact is pointless, if religion is as well.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:02 pm
*Claps* Well done! I think that's really cool. 3nodding  

Spooky Ames

jessi exstasi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:09 pm
UraniumMonk

Haha...That. Was Great. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:43 pm
Shanna66
why do people get soo made when they find out that i made up a religion, religion is a belief, not a race, so i can be whatever i want to be
and for a rant, im so sick of people assuming im wiccan or a satanist just cause im goth. im not even pagan
give me thoughts

Poeple just like to judge, Ill use wiccans for example, i've seen goths, preps, and even a nerd or two.  

Hunter of the Dammed

Soviet Reunion

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:41 pm
Silenus Slade
Do what you want...if people care, they are insecure about their own beliefs. I just hope your religion isn't nihilist like Christianity. Keep things interesting.
we're not nihil, jackass.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:55 pm
GilAskan

Crusades (Christians): 9 Million Dead
Mao ze Dong (Atheist): 100 Million Dead

Religion doesn't start wars. People who hide behind religion start wars. They use God as an excuse for their actions, justification for their wrong doings.

Religion is fine. It's organized religion which corrupts the original intentions of the faith.

Here we go with a game of semantics again. I assume by the stastistical comparison you are trying to make a point about one group killing more than the other? Mao had a personality cult, which is a religion as it is a cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith. Cultural revolution, Spanish inquisition. Mao, God. Look at his subordinates like Wang Dongxing, the propaganda that had farmers trying to make steel in their backyards, and the response of the current regime to prevent future cults and Whateverists.

I guess you're trying to use some sort of argument analogous to "guns don't kill people, people kill people." There's that old joke some stand-up comedian used to tell though (I forget who) that goes something like "ya know, I think the gun helps. If I just stand there and yell bang, I don't think the other person is going to die." Come on, if you are talking about "organized religion" that means it was created by a group of people and all religion is, in fact, created that way. If people are corrupt, the institution is corrupt. So you see, you can blame both people and religion because they are one and the same. It can even be seen as a way of grouping society. So don't treat religion like it is something holy that exists outside of people.

To summarize, religion is an organization, so it's organized no matter what. Religion can, in fact, not "be fine" because of innate corrupt principles and the fact that it is impossible to seperate a religion's people from the religion. Just because people are involved, does not mean that religion itself can escape blame. In fact, because it is a higher form of organization and interaction, it probably should be blamed.  

Silenus Slade

Silenus Slade

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:03 pm
some random rivethead...
Silenus Slade
Do what you want...if people care, they are insecure about their own beliefs. I just hope your religion isn't nihilist like Christianity. Keep things interesting.
we're not nihil, jackass.

Yes, Christianity is nihilistic. You see, Christianity does not try to find meaning in life. Instead, it paints a picture of a brilliant after-life, where pain and struggle do not exist. So basically it begs the question, "what meaning is there in this?" and goes with "nevermind, look at this shiny thing over here!" Don't even start with godly love unless you have an amazing answer to theodicy, which if that were the case, the Pope would love to have a chat.

Oh, and I would appreciate it if you refrain from personal attacks, thank you. You see, in civilized society, we can engage in discussions without calling each other "jackass." Sure, it's fun to call people that and all, but things tend to degrade into name-calling or fist fights...it really doesn't get anything done. ^_^  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:12 pm
Every religion there is was made up flat out...no religion was "forced" by any "god" religion is nothing but belifs so no religion is not made up.  

Kamadev

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:34 am
UraniumMonk

rofl  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]