Captain

Original Visionary

15,050 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:30 am
V. Wolfe
I've been holding onto some Elegant Veils recently, and I noticed they took a steep price dive (about 2-3K or about 15%) when the new donation items came out.

Coincidence? Or possibly due to people dumping older donation items in an effort to buy up the new ones.

I've also noticed that new donation items start around 12-13K (popularity having some effect on price, obviously), then dive a bit after a few days. Is suspect there is some prestige to being the "new kid on the block" with the donation toy. I noticed this most dramatically with the Gwees (personally, I love my Gwee as she's so cute, and don't care if she costs 1K or 100K. heart )

Yes, definitely there is that effect. One of the older Gaians, who was around before the marketplace even existed, told me that much of his wealth was acquired by trading 2 for 1 on donation letters... so the 15% is actually modest in comparison to the situation he described.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:40 am
It pleases me greatly to finally see someone with a proper understanding of Economics adding their 2 gold in! I am seeing a rather obnoxious trend with the Bammi Hats recently. They shot up to a min. of 47k for a period of 6hrs and dropped steadily since then to end up at the 26k mark.  

Tae Sheng

Toothsome Inquisitor

MatthewFreelow

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:48 pm
I never sell over store price on commons, or too high on Donation items. Thats probably why I am broke. I sell it for a few hundred less, cause I know how aggravating it is to be so close and not be able to get it.
But the little guy never gets it. someone always snatches it and marks it up.
But I try.
Thanks for the invite, Engineer.
Do you randomly recruit people in the marketplace for your guild?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:35 am
i do both  

Kaysa_Elder

Phatchanz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:26 pm
There is no greater feeling then watching a dreamer soar on the wings of his dreams...

I resell all te time... and my products are consistantly lower than the store prices AND most of the other sellers out there!

...except of coarse watching a dreamer who has nowhere to land but in the ocean of reality

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:08 pm
Phatchanz
There is no greater feeling then watching a dreamer soar on the wings of his dreams...

I resell all te time... and my products are consistantly lower than the store prices AND most of the other sellers out there!

...except of coarse watching a dreamer who has nowhere to land but in the ocean of reality
Sadly, those items are usually bought and then sold at a higher price. People rarely get the prices they want for an item.  

wiki bean

The Firetiger

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:11 pm
I hate to say, alot of it is just somewhat obvious.
Granted, this is comming from someone who mannaged to get a D in Econmics 201 twice. (I swear, its just in how they word the goram questions)  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:39 am
thnx!  

girlypearl

mehket

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:34 pm
it's a sellers market
supply and demand as long as people are willing to buy at those prices the products will continue to be sold at the marked up prices so i aggree with the statement that it is the buyers fault
the customers are directly responsible for the high prices  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:25 pm
Thanks for inviting smile
I've never been good in economics.. but i agree with the essay and most of people here.
I sell items lower than the store prices or most of the other sellers, but it's mostly junk. I'm selling paper cat bands and stuff...
I'm new here [almost a month since i joined ;D], so it's like that... but thanks to that essay i'll learn how things going on in marketplace quicker i think. Thank you smile  

Puniko

9,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Survivor 150

bleeding_soul_of_fire

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:29 pm
i am lookin for money and items to start a giveaway  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:12 pm
Puniko
Thanks for inviting smile
I've never been good in economics.. but i agree with the essay and most of people here.
I sell items lower than the store prices or most of the other sellers, but it's mostly junk. I'm selling paper cat bands and stuff...
I'm new here [almost a month since i joined ;D], so it's like that... but thanks to that essay i'll learn how things going on in marketplace quicker i think. Thank you smile

i look for lower prices so that i can maximize sales with lower prices
a good economy doesn't opperate on a high prices and low sales
lows prices directly affect sales
and engineer of doom was right on item rarity driving up prices turning items into collectables
but my prices stay low because i'm selling items everone has i haven't been able to find a killer deal like a gwee the dragon or something of the like
things that are't sold in stores like the gills sell for higher prices but aren't rare enough to bring in the bank
i find that it's a slow climb up  

mehket

mehket

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:02 pm
rarity can also create a monopoly
well sort of if some one went and bought all of the gwee the dragons that person could sell them at what ever price he wanted the customers couldn't get it some where else  
1: Marketplace Hangout

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff