Submit

Misconseptions Suck.
  Word. 8D
  :nods:
  ...and you are?
View Results

Anonigoth

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:48 pm
I must admit, I like some of the stereotypes. and I do think they apply to me, on occasion. I like people to think I worship Satan, even though I don't. I like people to be afraid of me. But, yet I still get frustrated about these stereotypes because people are less likely to approach a "dangerous" looking person. I look Gothic, therefore I look dangerous. It is something I both love and hate....along with quite a few of the stereotypes mentioned above.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:02 pm
i love to laugh at them .... i ve noticed that my closet is becomming more black but i stilll love Purple and lavender.... im Catholic i dont worship satan.... and i do like to use the typical dark sayings with the words soul hell burn... im a happy hyper person... most of the time xd 3nodding  

Lucky F13

Invisible Giver

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:20 am
I'm not always a happy person, but I rarely get depressed.
And what I find odd is how the Christian stereotype is preppy, but... given some of the kids in my church group, I guess that the stereotype is almost justified. (still hate it, though)  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:44 am
I hate being called Satanic or depressed or walking by people and having them say "she's only doing it for attention.

No I'm not. I honestly don't care what they think about me. And I am ANYTHING but depressed, talk to any of my friends about that one. And HELLO???? Read the very first line of my profile. It says "First and foremost, I am a Christian."

Der.  

wantondestruction

neverwinter33

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:41 pm
goths want to die..
stupid, if they would, then there wouldn't be any goths now would there? sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:38 pm
neverwinter33
goths want to die..
stupid, if they would, then there wouldn't be any goths now would there? sweatdrop

But many are interested in death. Just not suicidal.
Whether that in itself is a stereotype or not, I know I'm interested in death.  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

[[ neon.bonbon ]]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:11 pm
Underworld_Keeper
I hate the stereotype that Goths are given
"all Goths are depressed" and "worship Satan"
I watched this movie that was based off of a book.
It’s called "Hang Mans Curse"
And two of the characters where what the people would call "Goth"
But at the end when they become all "Christ happy"
they aren't "Goth" No more...
The message I got was: "If you are gothic, you can't believe in god."
"But if you become like everyone else, you can believe in Christ/God."

It truly disturbed me.

Wow.
That pisses me off.
*twitch*  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:37 pm
Dead_Ed
neverwinter33
goths want to die..

But many are interested in death. Just not suicidal.
Whether that in itself is a stereotype or not, I know I'm interested in death.

I've found that the goth movement as a whole has an interest in existentialism.  

GilAskan
Crew

Avenged7X13

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:28 pm
I'm gothic AND Cathlolic. I went to a Catholic school for 10 years, and this is my first year in a public school. At my Catholic school I was considered Gothic because of my attitude, the music I liked, and because I wore black mostly when we didn't have to wear uniforms. But everybody was ok with me being gothic because I showed just because I'm different doesn't mean I can't be nice and have morals and stuff like that. Now I go to a public school and it's been really hard to find friends. Most people think I'm too gothic for them, and the other goths think I'm not gothic enough because I don't have many piercings, dye my hair, wear black ALL the time, and because I'm Catholic. I'm pretty much being stereotyped both ways. I don't understand why noone can see I can be friends to anybody as long as they treat me with respect.
Did I get a little off track here? Sorry...  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:31 pm
[ ieren ]
Underworld_Keeper

It truly disturbed me.

Wow.
That pisses me off.
*twitch*

yeah, after watching the movie I wanted to take it back to the library  

Black_Widow_EmiLee_Rose

Lady Detarra

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:45 am
Underworld_Keeper

It truly disturbed me.

OH I HATE THAT MOVIE!!! First for the fact that it sounded like a ghost story and wasnt and second for the same reason you gave....that and they're "goths" were...just...horrible (hides face in shame) horrible.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:19 pm
Lady Detarra
Underworld_Keeper

It truly disturbed me.

OH I HATE THAT MOVIE!!! First for the fact that it sounded like a ghost story and wasnt and second for the same reason you gave....that and they're "goths" were...just...horrible (hides face in shame) horrible.

It sounds even more ignorant than the mall goths. gonk  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

Sassy Ace Ari

Fashionable Genius

2,600 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:29 pm
Avenged7X13
I'm gothic AND Cathlolic. I went to a Catholic school for 10 years, and this is my first year in a public school. At my Catholic school I was considered Gothic because of my attitude, the music I liked, and because I wore black mostly when we didn't have to wear uniforms. But everybody was ok with me being gothic because I showed just because I'm different doesn't mean I can't be nice and have morals and stuff like that. Now I go to a public school and it's been really hard to find friends. Most people think I'm too gothic for them, and the other goths think I'm not gothic enough because I don't have many piercings, dye my hair, wear black ALL the time, and because I'm Catholic. I'm pretty much being stereotyped both ways. I don't understand why noone can see I can be friends to anybody as long as they treat me with respect.
Did I get a little off track here? Sorry...

I, too, am a Catholic, and went to Catholic school, which sucked. Not, because it was Catholic, I love Jesus, but it was a crappy school. I've been in public school since 6th grade, and I still didn't start getting interested in gothy stuffs until I met Mekuna.

One thing I'd like to point out is, Satan is fundamentally a Christian belief. If Christians follow Jesus, and shun Satan, It makes sense that they still believe Satan exists. Shouldn't the same thought be applied to the converse? In order to hate something, it must exist.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:06 pm
I hate the fact that they say that the public say that we can't smile, wear black 24/7(don't get me wrong, black rocks!), do drugs 24/7, and worship Satan.  

Vegacom2

[.Zonked.Panda.]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:14 am
True.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items